For Ruby Slippers DH

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

For Ruby Slippers DH

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@RS - I believe you've said your DH loves to watch Ice Road Truckers. This is just a clip of what some of British Columbias roads look like now, specifically the Coquihalla Highway, which is mostly in the middle of the Province. Ice Roads happen further north. You do have to click on this or put it into the URL.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4663457/prov ... zNatmFDhUo

Last drive for me on that highway (which is very infamous here for being treacherous and dangerous) was when I was returning home after visiting the daughter at University. It was snowing heavily, visibility was narrowing and I was just praying I could get far enough along to reach civilization. I was going at a good clip when I was the headlights in the rear view mirror and I could tell the truck (logging truck with full load) was coming FAST (easily over 120 KM/hour) going down hill. That driver passed me full bore as he needed the speed to get UP the next hill but he passed by inches and if he'd hit me I'd still be MIA down a canyon.

Problem is it is miles and miles and miles of nothing, steep mountains and sudden weather changes.

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: For Ruby Slippers DH

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Thanks for that, LLL! At the moment, I'm waiting to hear that my brother who had the stroke is on his way to St Thomas Hospital in London. He's been sitting in the local ward since 5pm when they told him he was going and now I find out that the transport isn't expected until about 11pm! Poor sod! He's that confused that he doesn't know whether he's coming or going, literally! They've been telling him since Sunday that he will probably have to go and have a Doppler procedure done, which means that they put tubes in the main veins in his neck to make sure that blood flows to the brain properly, but this afternoon he was told he was definitely going tonight but........!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@RS - that has got to be tough on your brother. Hopefully he has something to pass the time and the wait doesn't get too onerous for him. The only reason I can think for transport at 11pm is that there will be less traffic so maybe the actual travel will be smoother than the start stop of lots of traffic.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Oh Dear Ruby unfortunately sounds pretty much like normal for your area. I guess he was in "Death Valley" hospital? I'm so sorry for you all living there, hopefully now your brother is safely in St. Thomas's hospital and getting appropriate treatment, which will be a weight off your mind.

I've had some experience of the health system in your area and it was my main reason for not coming back when I had to move. I'd like to phone you, but you have more than enough on your plate - doesn't stop me thinking of you - please take care of yourself while you are helping others. :a28:
Smile! It confuses people