Hair hair Hair

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Hair hair Hair

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Went to the hair salon this past Friday and had my hair cut. Usually I only get it trimmed up, a few layers cut in and call it good. I don't really have a 'style' that I get it cut into. It is still long and as I sat down in the chair and looked at me I decided to have it cut short(er) to the top of my shoulders which meant they were cutting 6 - 8" in length off.

I said something along the lines that that length would give a Canadian Cancer Society the ability to make a wig with slightly longer hair for somebody.

By way of trivia hair dressers donate cut hair to Canadian Cancer Society so that it can be made into wigs.

The Hairdresser lady said that effective end this year the Cancer Society is no longer accepting hair donations as they've switched entirely to synthetic wigs now.

Don't know if you have groups there that use human hair to make into wigs but now here people won't be getting real human hair anymore.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Hair hair Hair

Post by Mad Dilys »

I saw a while ago on TV that all hair unsuitable for wigs is useful for of all things helping control oil spillage at sea. The hair is compressed into tubes and floats on the surface in long "booms" helping to prevent a further spread and it can then be lifted out for disposal on land. They need an awful lot of hair and do collect from many countries apparently.
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Hair hair Hair

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Interesting. I'd never heard that and based on what my hairdresser told me they now have nowhere to donate all the hair they cut.