Endangered Species

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Endangered Species

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just reading an article published in Nat Geo whereby China is OK in that it has LEGALIZED using rhino horns and tiger bones in medicine! Granted is says from farmed animals however I find this totally and completely appalling especially when there is no proven medicinal value to these and because these animals are so endangered!

China legalizes rhino horn and tiger bone for medical purposes
The materials have no proven medicinal value in humans, and conservationists call the move a major setback for wild populations.

I get it that traditions are important but I would think the Chinese Gov't would want to stop these barbaric traditions and if the ritual had to go on then a substitute found particularly in light of the fact that there are other way cheaper remedies. Just can't believe any country would condone this practice.

Also makes me wonder what it will take to move people into the modern world. We have mass communication. Everybody is growing larger thumbs and crooked necks as we're basically ALL attached to our devices so it is beyond belief that rational common sense info can't be forwarded out to the masses about the very real concerns associated with rhinos and tigers. WHO is really going to FARM rhinos and tigers?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Endangered Species

Post by Horus »

Anyone who thinks that using those things for medicinal purposes must be sick in the head and not in the body.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Definitely they are sick in the head. I actually thought that globally we were making strides and most places were on board however apparently China is OK with using rhino horn and tiger bones from FARMED animals? It really is a head shaker that anybody would even remotely think anybody is farming tigers or rhinos!?!?! And if they actually are they should NOT!

If this article had come from any other source that Nat Geo I probably wouldn't have even bothered to read it and if I did I probably wouldn't have believed it.

Just can't believe in this day and age anybody would still be even thinking about using these.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I wonder what they would be saying if other countries started to farm Pandas for medicine?