Series

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Series

Post by Grandad »

A new series started on BBC 1 last Sunday called The Little Drummer Girl. We missed the first episode so caught up last evening and watched two episodes.

Apart from promising to be a gripping drama it is filmed in well lit colour AND you can understand the dialogue. Perhaps somebody has got the message that it is all very well filming in half light to give atmosphere and to allow the actors to mumble but it does not make for good viewing. :xx

:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I've been watching Haunting on Hill House on Netflix, good so far, have to say that floating

ghost was a bit creepy and why do they have sudden bits that makes jump out of my skin

:lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Kiya, its bad enough with the sudden bangs from fireworks late at night while watching it, without those scary bits that they suddenly shove in your face :o even worse with a big TV screen :lol: :lol: Annie is no use, she just sleeps through it all, obviously my muttered expletives don't impress her :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'll have to watch for "Little Drummer Girl" but am not too sure "Haunting on Hill House."

There is another series here, only on our local TV but it has been going for (I think) 5 or 6+ years (2007 - 2012) called "Little Mosque on the Prairies." It is the 20 - 30 minute comedy and it IS really quite funny as it recounts how Muslim people came to a little northern town in Canada. Gentle humour portrayed positively given the time it was filmed in. I kinda wish it would come to Netflix as I'd love to watch it start to finish as it evolved over the years.

phpBB [video]

You have to remember this IS Canadian made! ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I could see it being quite funny and we used to have quite a few ethnic based comedies that often poked fun at bigoted stereotypes, that was until the PC brigade poked their noses in.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I was working in the USA the entire time of this Series so only saw it when I'd come to Canada. The utube here is the 1st of the series and after the characters were better developed it got better, funnier. Not sure why it stopped being made - maybe it was the PC crew. Not sure however it all seemed to be in good fun to me and stereotypes were used and played upon.