Afternoon at the Park

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Afternoon at the Park

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Since the twins and granddaughter had a ProD day today (professional development of the teachers) and since the weather was wonderful I decided to take them all to the park for a picnic lunch.

This particular park is a favourite as it has a flying saucer ride they just adore and would spend the entire time we're at the park flying on this particular outdoor equipment piece.

Boys being boys and their younger sister being their younger sister they managed to con her into being "part" of the flying space alien game BUT it was her JOB to push them!! She willingly and happily agreed and pushed them.

And pushed them

And willingly pushed them some more

Boys were having a blast

And then their motor aka sister pusher decided she'd pushed enough. Guess they didn't want her IN the space ship so she came to a full stop. Am sure the game started to dwindle about then. I couldn't quite hear them but lots of talking happening but

apparently the twins finally agreed to let her FLY with them on the space ship IF she could climb on herself - so she tried

I thought about now I was going to have to intervene but the twins suddenly decided to haul her up. Rather unceremoniously dragging her up literally by the seat of her pants.

And although she got a back seat to actually flying the saucer they did let her fly with them!

Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Re: Afternoon at the Park

Post by Hurghadapat »

Gosh LLL that brings back some memories for me of when my twin boys were that age....53yrs of age now and how the years have flown.
Learnt an awful lot about twins after I had mine such as how and when the egg splits (identical twins),you can also tell at what stage the egg split by looking to see if they have what they call a mirror image,and it's also only fraternal twins that are hereditary identical are just a freak of nature apparently

Lol...there you go just another bit of useless information for you.

Lovely photos of them also.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Awe ! Boys will be boys , I know I have 5 brothers that I was up against ;) Glad they let her

on board after all :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Brilliant day out :lol: I bet it was Nana who finished up as the 'engine' ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yeah Grandma LLL pushed a bit but not for long once all three were on board.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Hurghadapat - the entire twin thing is more than interesting. My grandsons are 'identical' and drive the teachers at school crazy trying to tell who is who so much so that the oldest twin MUST wear RED and the younger MUST wear green (which is ok as those are their favourite colours anyway). They both have very similar interests that are not varying by much so it isn't like they're putting out too many other clues or cues by what they're doing as to who they are.

I can easily tell who is who so long as they're not rushing past fast and so long as I'm not relying on voice recognition as they do both sound exactly the same. I've found as they get older it is easier and easier to tell them apart as their features are subtly yet definitely changing (to me).

I'd never heard of the mirror image but will look it up and/or ask the daughter as she reads all the time about twins.
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

LLL....here's a link to some interesting information.

https://www.twin-pregnancy-and-beyond.c ... twins.html
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@HurghadaPat - Very interesting article and I will forward it to the daughter as she loves any info or tidbits related to twins. I don't believe the twins are mirror twins though. They're identical but I can see the identicalness fading somewhat as they get older. If you just casually look at them they're the same but if you really look you can see they're different.

Yesterday I also gave them their Hallowe'en prezzies early partly because their #1 activity in the world is to play dress up and partly because they've been bugging the daughter as to what are they going to get to wear for Hallowe'en (daughter knew that I had costumes) as they wanted to get them.....sooooo although it is still 10 days or so away we agreed I'd give them their costumes early (vs I'm not too keen on buying them candy)

These are the twins:

The oldest twin (trying to give a stern pirate face)

The youngest who is much more animated with his faces

They're posing for picture of capturing/kidnapping a Princess (again their sister who happily goes along with whatever the game happens to be)

Their sister in her Princess dress complete with fur lined cape. Interestingly the 'cape' was the super hit for her plus the dress has built in hoops (OMG was I ever happy to get THAT dress out of my closet! Personally I couldn't wait for her to get it so as to give me back some space).