Snow Storm

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Snow Storm

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am seeing on the TV news that Calgary Alberta and that entire area got his with a first and totally massive snow storm stranding people on the highway for upwards of 10+ hours. Highways have closed and pictures show miles of vehicles lined up. Would be real hard in below freezing temperatures.

This reminded me that I recently read a missive from NASA that the sun is now starting to move into a minimal era whereby we're going to now start experiencing colder temperatures than we've been having which makes me think if we are going to start getting huge snow storms I need to load up the car with water, snacks and a couple books just in case I get stranded. I always take my Kindle with me but the only fatal flaw with a Kindle is that sooner or later the battery runs down whilst the battery of a book is forever.

I always have 2 big wool blankets in the car along with a fleece lined coat so staying warm is usually not a problem but if I had to sit for a 10 hour stretch with nothing to do that would be hard. Guess I also need to throw the shovel in the back along with kitty litter (in case I get stuck on an icey spot and need traction). I also summerize my car in that I always carry water and flashlights.

Do you tend to 'winterize' and 'summerize' your cars there? Any suggestions to make getting stuck in a spot easier?

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Snow Storm

Post by Grandad »

You seem to be well prepared for emergencies LLL. But there is something you didn't mention, do you have a collapsible 'Portaloo' in the boot? ;) :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - no I don't have one of those but I would employ the time honoured method of stepping OUT of the car and into the ditch ;)

BTW do you happen to have headlights on your scooter? I saw one this past weekend and it had 2 front + rear headlights. It was a four wheel model but obviously had the ability to be used at night. Ever since you got yours I've been seeing them here and there are LOTS in this area. I wish for some of these they could make them a bit more hard sided in that they'd look a little bit more like a small small car and I am talking about the ones that would be used primarily for transport whereby they could be locked with maybe a small locking boot so people could actually carry home groceries and protect more from the weather.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

No lights LLL, mine is classed as a pavement (sidewalk) scooter limited to around 4mph. The larger ones with lights are road legal with a speed of about 8mph. Remember I got mine to carry in the boot of a car if family are going out for the day. BUT, around the city I would not change my 3 wheel Pride GoGo, I can go where other scooters can't go. For instance, I go into town via a series of passage ways. At 3 points there are barriers to force cyclists to dismount. I can negotiate them whereas a larger model could not. ;)
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Watching some of Grandads videos I am of the opinion he has 'suped' his up, 4 mph indeed :urm: :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@H - Yeah I agree. If I was a guessing person I'd of thought Grandad would be able to motor along in the double digits at a minimum.

@Grandad - On another note that is interesting to know yours is quite manouverable and you're getting around smaller tight places with it. I recall you saying it was bought primarily as it comes apart to fit in a boot too. Mostly I'm seeing more and more of them here with various features and abilities too.