Do daughters ever really leave home?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Do daughters ever really leave home?

Post by Horus »

I ask the question a bit tongue in cheek as I am usually the recipient of her requests for help.
"Dad, can you look after the dog, we have been let down?"
"I would like a Pergola in my garden" hint hint.
"Will you go with me to choose some chickens?" etc. etc. :)
The latest one was last nights phone call, "Can you do me a favour?" me "why what's the problem?"
"My new vaccuum cleaner keeps blowing the mains trips and makes a 'popping' sound when I try to use it"
Then, "I can't find my reciept so can't take it back the shop"
Me, "Bring it over and I will have a look"
Daughter "I think its just a break in the cable near the bottom where it goes in"

So I proceed to check it over this morning, nothing wrong with the power cable, so I have to take the thing apart and as usual with these mass produced items it is a nightmare. Loads of self tapping screws and bits that drop out of plastic housings etc. but once opened up the fault was pretty obvious. Poor design and manufacture meant that the electrical terminals on a switch were poorly insulated and had trapped a wire resulting in a short circuit and a burnt wire.

As usual the electrical wiring was very short and difficult to make a repair, but eventually I managed to take it all apart and after cleaning up the switch I insulated the terminals better and made a couple of new connections and properly insulated them.

As usual it was a major juggling job to get it all back in one piece again, :st anyhow it's now back in working condition and a darn lot safer to use. :up
I now await the next request. :lol:

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Do daughters ever really leave home?

Post by Kiya »

Well Done you Horus :) I've always said " what would we do without you " ;)

In answer to your question is probably No !....with my 2 daughters its always usually " mam

have you got ????? I can borrow ..........the answer is most times Yes then they ask " why is it

you have everything ".............do they really have to ask me that :roll:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Personally I've always like the idea of having a huge house so everybody could live with me - course I want my own section so I can be involved or get away as I want but having everybody under 1 roof isn't really that bad.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Kiya, we only have everything because they have not asked to borrow it yet! :lol: :lol:

@LLL, I would go along with that idea, everyone together, but with plenty of space. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

In Trinidad my friends (Hindu) have huge houses where multi generations live and it is actually more than nice. You can be as social or as isolated as you like.

We have the same here with Indian families (from India) in that they come here and build HUGE houses they all live in and typically they all help with jobs, upkeep, pooling of resources. I don't have any friends here with these homes I've just seen them but conceptually I like the idea.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

My son is my son till he takes him a wife.
My daughter my daughter for all of her life.
:lol: :D :lol:
Smile! It confuses people