Poison + Russia

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Poison + Russia

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just seeing this evening on the news here that the UK has actually found out or tracked back to figure out that the Russian military was behind the poisonings and 2 individuals have been charged.

It is a bit of a 'whew' that this mystery has been solved but are they indicating the motive behind the poisoning in the first place?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Poison + Russia

Post by Horus »

They have not actually charged them LLL as they have fled the country after the event. The news on TV is showing their photographs and the security services know that they are agents of the Russia GRU which is an official Russian intellicence agency. It should be remembered that the original victims were Sergei Skirpal and his daughter and that he was a former member of this organisation who defected, so a revenge attack was always on the cards, The latest incident was caused by two people finding the original discarded container for the nerve poison (as it happens a perfume bottle) and the woman spraying some of it on her wrist, she died as a result of the Novachok poison, but he survived, no doubt because he had less direct contact with it.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, we are also being told that our police/security service trawled through 11,000 hours of CCTV to piece together the movement of these men which showed them even doing a reconnaissance run from London to Salisbury the day before the poison was planted on Skipals front door.
Pretty good police work I think.
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

People don't know the half of it when it comes to covert surveilance ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

WOW - 11,000 hours is pretty incredible AND to FIND a bottle of perfume and then actually spray it on yourself? Geez I don't think I would do that particularly if I just happened to find a bottle of anything....

In my day with perfume you used to spray it or dab it behind your ears. Now you spray it into the air and run through it or so my daughters have told me. Guess I giving away a secret that I don't perfume me. I go on the theory that I'm sweet enough already. :P :P

It isn't on the Canadian news today that I've seen. Was on yesterday as an in passing comment but there was no elaboration. Guess it does all make sense as a revenge thing and then somebody else finding the bottle and using it.......

The SECRET world of SPIES - WOW!
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Personally I find the fact that an invisible smear of a substance could result in a lingering painful death not just for myself but any visitor more terrifying than a man with a gun or a bomb.

Imagine if, God Forbid a random number of houses in a few small towns were baited. People feel safe in the countryside thinking that no one is interested in them, too small to be important, but look at history - the Vikings were not successful by focussing on big towns.

In passing but not particularly relevent I remembered the quote "Today's terrorist is tomorrow's freedom fighter".

PS I guess the reason rural sites are not targeted is because it's common knowledge that everyone knows everyone else's business - but do they?
Smile! It confuses people