What a relief!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

What a relief!

Post by Mad Dilys »

Do you have jobs or responsibilities that you should attend to but keep putting off? Mine was to deal with a very large leather bean bag. I hate bean bags, especially this bean bag. It takes up a lot of room to no good effect.

My daughter has had it for years and expressed regret that she couldn't take it to Ibiza, but I eventually got her to agree that it could go with a consignment of "stuff" to the charity shop. However they couldn't accept it as it didn't have the necessary fire retardant label. So I thought I'd empty it and send her the cover, then she can get filled.

I assumed that there would be a fabric bag inside holding the beans, but my first indication of a potential problem was no zip. :o

Well I took it gently and I now have six and a half rubbish bags of beans and a neatly folded leather cover, which hasn't got a single bean inside. It took about 2 hrs but wasn't messy and after I put everything away I found just 3 little beans. Job well done. :jig:

Smile! It confuses people
FABlux

Re: What a relief!

Post by FABlux »

Well done on not making a mess :a4: Like you I expected the kids bean bags to have liners, only found out my mistake when one of them got torn. I won't blame the cat but I did spend quite a long time picking polystyrene beads from his coat :roll:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

The darn thing was like an octopus in a bag, so big and floppy, slipping and sliding so I made a small hole in the seam at first, then gradually unpicked more as to maintain the flow. The only beans on the floor really were caused by me not being super super careful when closing a bin bag - just a tiny opening and as I picked it up a little air escaped bearing a handful of beans.. :oops:

I really hate bean bags, horrid things. :x
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Just think of the mess your daughter will have to deal with at the other end when she tries to refill it :lol: The trouble I had was the static electricity they generate made them stick to everything. Guess you won't be replacing it then :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Good job well done!

Have never had a bean bag chair but I can feel your pain and relief that is is now gone and away! :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Not yet gone but only taking up a very little room until she visits and can take it back with her. The plan is that one our friends in Ibiza who is an artist and restores furniture among other things, will make a cotton bag to hold the filling and put a zip in for access. I told her to keep the bigger beans from parcels that I've sent, so that if she can't get the tiny beads, at least she will have some filling. I can hardly bear to even say this but she has two more bean bag chairs on the sunroof :sk
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@MD - does anybody or has anybody ever actually SAT in them? I've never owned a bean bag chair but I've seen them in other peoples homes. As you say they're large and take up lots of space but I've never actually seen anybody sit in one. I can't even imagine they are that comfortable - are they? And Do they (sit in them)?
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Yes, I have, LLL! They are very comfortable - providing you can get up and down far enough to sit down and get up on your own! :D Don't try it, MD!
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

No chance Ruby, nooooo way. :lol: Though I must say kids like them - and welcome.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't think I've ever sat in one but they've never looked comfortable to me either. I supposed I could get up and down out of one but I think I'd have to now do the ROLLLLLL myself out to the side, probably get on my knees and up from there.........PROBABLY not the most ladylike so another luxury I think I'll forgo ;) ;) ;) ;)
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

LLL that was the only way I could ever get out of one & don't forget the necessity of a piece of solid furniture to pull up on once you are on your knees :oops: :cry: