Theories?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Theories?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Any theories as to why there has now been another couple taken to hospital with suspected (or confirmed) nerve agent? I can understand if you were a former Russian spy but this couple?

My own theory is that somebody is using it and now testing it on random people to determine the effects prior to using it on a more widespread basis.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Theories?

Post by Mad Dilys »

I agree.

I think it's a pity from a security viewpoint that the urbanisation of the UK has stopped the "village" unity where everyone knew each other intimately and anything unusual was immediately noticed. There were no secrets, sometimes this was a bit of a burden but on the other hand it also gives protection and support when needed at it's best, at it's worst of course it's a pain in a**s. :lol:
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The latest theory seems to be that it is old contamination from the previous attack and that there is possibly some sort of contaminated object lying around.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Yes that seems to be the most likely theory H. So far there seems to be no reason why this couple should be targeted. An important question to be answered is, wre they in Salisbury last Saturday? If the remains of this substance was simply discarded it is most likely to be in Salisbury.
Apparently once prepared, nerve agents of this type remain active for months and are not diluted by exposure to rain.
Very worrying for people living in that area and I don't buy the limp assurances by the authorities that there is very minimal risk to the public. Under those statements I read 'Panic' in not having a clue what or where the problem might be....

I think they should be stressing vigilance and giving some guidance as to what to look out for. Otherwise more people may still become infected and possibly die.
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Grandad wrote: Very worrying for people living in that area and I don't buy the limp assurances by the authorities that there is very minimal risk to the public. Under those statements I read 'Panic' in not having a clue what or where the problem might be....

I think they should be stressing vigilance and giving some guidance as to what to look out for. Otherwise more people may still become infected and possibly die.
I agree with this part of your post Grandad but I don't go with the discarded stuff - anyone using this would surely put themselves at risk if they were not very, very careful :tk
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

If they had it in some sort of container then that could be the source if they discarded it. This type of agent is only viable after two parts are mixed to create the nerve agent, it is also my understanding that rain will in fact dilute the stuff an dmake it less potent.

Edit: The latest information comming out is that they did have contact with some unamed 'object' and it seems like it may be connected to the hostel that Don Sturgess had a room in, they have evacuated the hostel for a full search.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Lots of various theories being touted here by all the Talking Heads on TV. The most common is the discarded object theory that somehow this couple came into contact with it.

It IS definitely seriously spooky though in that containers of nerve agent could be just left and/or tossed about and HOW this many weeks after is it still viable enough for another couple to come in contact with it.

I definitely hope this is not the next wave of new terror tactics starting whereby containers or items contaminated with nerve agents are left lying about.

@MD - I grew up in a small small town where my every MOVE (ok so riding a horse full gallop down the sidewalk wasn't noticeable) was noted and immediately reported back to my parents. And when galloping down the sidewalk was replaced by galloping down the back lane THAT also was immediately reported back. EVERYBODY KNEW MY NAME! As a young kid I always figured I was incognito but hey - I was sitting astride a big horse that loved to run so ??????? The perils and pitfalls of small town living.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just saw on the news that one of the victims, the woman, has died. Very sad. It has to be really super potent stuff and don't even want to think about the pain an actual 'nerve agent' would cause.

Hopefully they've found out or discovered more about how this couple actually came in contact with this nerve agent. (Nothing is being reported here)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

My theory is it is connected to drug taking of some kind