I would welcome help...........

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

I would welcome help...........

Post by Mad Dilys »

I really need to be able to dictate to my laptop and have it transcribed into text. If I rely on my typing skills I'll never finish my project as although I touch type, my hands often shake too much to make it practical.

I'm pretty sure I had this facility on a previous device ages ago when new computers came with more programmes than you could shake a stick at - of course today's products are cheaper but with far less programmes.

I wonder if any of you chaps could recommend a programme? Please, pretty please. :tk

Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: I would welcome help...........

Post by Horus »

MD, one of the most popular in this type of software is Dragon Speak Naturally, You do have to 'train' all of these things to recognise your voice and the way you speak and it can be a bit frustrating at times, but eventually they get to be quite good, they are a bit pricey though at about £70
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LX0TPWK/ ... r=8-6&th=1
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Thank you Horus I tried wording my search in different ways after I posted and found some were very pricey indeed £70 could be very reasonable if it cuts down my typing time. :up
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Had a coworker who used "Dragon Speak" to transcribe all her daily notes. This was easily about 15 yrs ago now and it was called Dragon Speak then so the name could now be a variation on it i.e. what Horus indicated. It took her a bit to train it but it was quite handy in the end. At the time she got hers it was about $250USD but am sure that $$ is significantly less now.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Yes LLL, 'Dragon Speak' was the generic term at the time for the early versions of this software :up