The Singapore Summit

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

The Singapore Summit

Post by Grandad »

I can't see much coming out of tomorrows meeting between Kim and DJT.
Maybe Trump will find a new 'bessie' as he seems to be falling out with everyone else.
But can anyone see Kim agreeing to give up his nuclear arsenal. I think not but I have a pound on the outside chance at ten million to one, that he will. :lol:

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: The Singapore Summit

Post by Horus »

Trump is pugnacious and full of his own importance, Kim is more cunning and he will be playing a longer term strategy, he knows how to pull Trumps strings.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just back to the Hotel and watching it on the TV now. They'll meet soon. I think they'll both get what they want as IMO it was all sorted out and essentially agreed to prior to this meeting. I think these two are just here to formalize whatever they've already talked about.

Quite interesting that none of the other world leaders can talk about their deals with NoKo cause they never tackled anything with Kim Jung Un however I'm sure they're all prepared to criticize anything Trump does.

Amazing to me the focus is always on how bad Trump is despite his achievements in a short time yet nobody is criticizing, for example, Merkyl who IMO is one of the most destructive Leaders in this time. Merkyl has changed the face of the Europe with her unrestricted allowing of immigrants to flood in yet I hear nothing about her.

Always interesting.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

The usual rhetoric and signatures on a piece of paper. All good intentions but time will tell. I still say that I can never see Kim giving up his nuclear capability, whatever that is, unless there is a similar commitment from the US. And of course that will never happen either.
I do often ponder what right has the US or any other major nuclear nation got to expect smaller nations to give up their deterrent.
Trump seemed to stress all his friends in Asia, like Japan, China, South Korea, but so he should. He has alienated most of his 'friends' in the west.
I still think the man is a loose canon and not to be trusted.
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Not sure you are right about Merkel as everyone here blames her for the mass immigration into Europe and the biggest reason behind the Brexit vote, she is seen as being the reason that Greece and Italy are in the political turmoil that they are in today, Germany and Japan contribute nothing to assisting America in places like Iraq or other Middle East conflicts whereas the UK, Canada ect. always do, yet he can alienate his allies and cosy up to dictators like Kim & Putin. As for anyone else brokering a deal with Kim, well qiute frankly it is not anyone else who has 28,000 troops stationed in South Korea, has implimented world sanctions against them and was threatened with nuclear weapons by NK if it was attacked by America. The whole thing is outside of Europes sphere of influence, it is Americas concern along with their allies in the region of Japan & South Korea and of course its shadow boxing with China.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

So what exactly did Trump achieve? We had a lot of positivity coming from his side, but what has changed? He gave Kim Jon a real prize by saying they would stop the war games in defence of South Korea, this must really please their close ally China who have always been irked by these exercises so close by not to mention North Korea itself. He must be rubbing his hands with glee, he has done nothing in return, his next move will be to offer to give up his nuclear weapons if America does the same in the region. So where does this leave countries like Japan who currently come under the US umbrella? No doubt they are getting very worried especially when they see how he has treated his long time friends and allies in Europe and of course Canada. Without American support in the region the North could very quickly sweep into the South at any time that Kim decided he was not getting enough out of the arrangement and any last minute attempt to retaliate and restore the status quo as happened in Kuwait would be met by intervention from China as previously happened, game set and match to Kim. There is only one solution to North Korea and that is that Kim gives up his family dictatorship and allows the people to exist in freedom and without oppression, but that would mean the end of his tyrannical rule and so that will never happen. 8)