I am humbled..........

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

I am humbled..........

Post by Mad Dilys »

I have been watching the Paralympics which have been fantastic. The curling yesterday was an eye opener, but this morning's ice hockey event left me in tears of emotion and admiration. I feel truly humbled and inspired.

Well done all of those who made these events possible. :up

Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: I am humbled..........

Post by Grandad »

I watched very little of the winter Paralympics MD, just caught highlights on sports reports.
I do admire all the athletes for overcoming their disabilities to take part. I have to be impressed by the visually impaired competitors who do downhill and slalom with a guide. Menna Fitzpatrick (with her guide Jen Kehoe) who I understand has only 5% vision got our only gold and was amazing. How can she do that?
Well done all who competed. :up
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

About 60mm of snow this morning and still icy cold, looks like my poor Daffs have taken a beating :( I planted them 2 years ago and was a bit peeved last year to get absolutely no flowers at all, this year it looks as if they all came up and after having a good rest last year they have all produced flowers. They were a bit leggy looking but not spindly and I was waiting for the buds to open, this morning they are all flat :x I doubt if they will recover and am starting to get that Grandad feeling of ripping them all up and not bothering. :st
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I saw very little of a ParaOlympics. They tend not to show them here although in passing we have a Canadian athlete who has done something and he has been mentioned but not sufficient for me to even catch his name or know what he has competed in.

Here it is like they have not even happened! :( I tried to watch the opening ceremonies but they only showed the highlights for about 2 minutes max and that was all :(
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Canada and America had a real battle in the ice hockey with Canada leading 1-0 until the final couple of minutes when the USA squeezed a shot in to draw level so the game went to extra time. It was thrilling, but unfortunately America got the extra shot that mattered leaving Canada with the Silver Medal.

The speed and bravery of the contestants, especially those completely without legs astonished me. I'm hooked, it's as good as Rugby! :up
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I like watching live hockey games. They're fast and exciting. On TV it is hard to see where the puck is as it can be flying about anywhere .....

I with they'd broadcast the Paralympics here and I did look for them but we got Zip :( as I'm sure those guys are overcoming way more than regular athletes.