Today & thinking

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Today & thinking

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Have you ever had a day when you're wanting to do something but procrastinating for really no good reason. Am in should I or shouldn't I mode right now and the weather is totally controlling this thought pattern.

Woke up to absolute pouring rain then that passed to bright sun with no rain. Then the down pour started and stopped again and again and right now in this exact minute the sun is back out which makes going out much more appealing BUT there IS an Arctic front happening so whilst I can brave the cold do I really want to brave the cold AND a down pour..........ahhhhhhh the decisions decisions of life.

NOT that I have to go out. I could while away the day here but am thinking I should probably head out vs sitting here but seem stuck and can't persuade me to decide what I want to do!

How do you talk yourself into or out of doing something? What rationalizations work or not?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Today & thinking

Post by Horus »

I have been the same today, pondering over whether or not to buy myself a trail camera, the kids each gave me money for my birthday so I decided to place my order about 10 minutes ago but I have been mulling it over since yesterday. :tk
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

:hb2: :ring: :hb2:

Happy Birthday HORUS! (Sorry am a bit belated and behind the times)

I ultimately went out. The sun stayed shining and there wasn't another downpour of rain 'til I got back home. Really just needed to run to the store to pick up a few things but Saturdays are notoriously busy, weather was iffy and COLD and I was only 50/50 I really needed to go out and get what I needed to go out and get but decided that I'd head and just get it over with. Probably needed to talk to myself more to dissuade me.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thanks LLL :up
I am finding my breathing a bit tight tonight so hope I am not starting with some sort of chest cold as I have hopefully escaped the flu epidemic.
Took a couple of Paracetamol and upped the CH a tad and if Annie doesn't get me up too early I may just have a lie in tomorrow. :ct
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I thought I'd escaped the flu too. Even when I got to Mexico and was tired (really tired) I put it down to the flight and travel and then was even initially blaming the air conditioning blowing down on me for me having the chills. I slept straight for 3 days with a headache but then it all just kinda passed. Hopefully that is all you'll have too H.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Happy belated Birthday Horus, hope you had a great day

:hb2: :d1: :hb2:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

:oops: Better late than never Happy Birthday Horus.

:hb: :d1:
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thanks folks, didn't get out of bed until 12,30 and still in my dressing gown, I won't be doing much today. :(
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I hope you have a good day Horus - enjoy the change of routine. I'm not showered and in my Jimjams still at 1.40pm. I think I'll make lunch first. I'm very short on sleep as daughter and I don't seem to get to bed much before 2.0am - usually she can sleep on, but my body clock doesn't work that way and today we had to get up at 6.30am as she's now on her way back home.

When I said this to my other daughter she asked if I was boasting or complaining! :lol:
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:D I will be joining you today :zz MD, I just need my daughter to phone and say she won't be up today as she is working this evening. If she calls around and sees me sleeping on the couch she will start getting concerned whereas I can fob her off in a phone call ;)