Kinda embarrassed.......well.......NO not really!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Kinda embarrassed.......well.......NO not really!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Wasn't sure what I was going to do today. Didn't do much yesterday and the weather is awful. Thick fog, rain, cold really yucky outside.

I looked up the Sportsplex schedule to see what was going on today and "lo and behold" and AFTERNOON Hockey game. The Clippers vs the Silverhawks.

The twins LOVE hockey. The stats they've memorized is mind-boggling.

Called the daughter and we organized for me to take the twins to game today.

Now us 'mind mannered' Canadians do have a thing about hockey and it seems to be a time when all inhibitions come out. Flying out loud and clear with lots of GUSTO!

Not too sure IF it should be embarrassing or not to actually WIN Pizza for being the ones to be cheering the loudest with the most animation - BUT in the entire huge arena - we did win! Of the entire arena "WE" won the pizza!!

Was I embarrassed? (crossed my mind for a second that maybe I should be embarrassed for cheering) But - NAH!!! Not in the least. We must've been really cheering to have won though! The twins have no hesitation to scream with both arms in the air for their team so am thinking that seeing it in double and hearing it in stereo was half the battle to winning. Two little boys wear huge fur lined caps, long down jackets covered by a Dallas Cowboys biederlack isn't something you see every day.

Pizza was pretty good too and they were super excited that they WON!

Kinda wish the Clippers won but they didn't. Ending score of 4 to 5 for the Silverhawks. Last few minutes were really good though as they pulled their goalie off the ice so they could have all 6 players trying to score.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Kinda embarrassed.......well.......NO not really!

Post by Horus »

Like many in the UK LLL ice hockey is a total mystery to us :ni: but it does seem as if you and the Grandkids have thrown yourselves totally into supporting your team with great gusto. You really must gave been jumping up and down and making lots of noise to get the pizza awarded to you, I bet they could not stop talking about it when they got back home. :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

It dates me, but I used to be a Brighton Tigers fan in the late fifties. I think they disbanded about 1965 but they were very successful. I love ice hockey. :up
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The twins were ecstatic to get a pizza. Ice hockey here = UK Football. HUGE sports event. Granted the team that is here is not a national team it is a city team but hockey is still a fast game and exciting.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So - whilst the twins were ecstatic to get their pizza they also managed to TELL their sister (who was out with her Dad) where and how they got it sooooooooo NOW I'm up for taking her out on a 'special' day (this Friday) to Timmy's for her Vanilla donut with sprinkles.

She wouldn't have sat for a hockey game has no interest really however on finding out the boys got to go and she didn't has raised a ruckus so now will have to mollify her by way of us going out for a donut and juice (she is easy to buy off with food! ;) ) She wasn't supposed to find out BUT I guess winning a pizza tops secrecy.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: Never try to get a child to keep a secret :D
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm never lucky and never get away with anything. Who know winning a pizza was gonna get ME into hot water with herself THE GIRL! She was out with her Dad and I would have taken her and while she is a month shy of 5 she really isn't into hockey so would have been a wiggling whining pain during the game - BUT then we win a pizza. Well I should have known I'd not escape but I also don't mind taking her out to Tim Hortons (which specializes in donuts, muffins, scones) so she can get her Vanilla Donut WITH sprinkles!