They Arrived!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

They Arrived!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Finally finally finally I was just staring out the back wind looking at the fog rolling in and VOILA before my eyes the SWANS have finally arrived!!

So far I've been able to count 4 white adults and 2 brownish grey younger ones! The marsh out back is mostly ice but there is one area on my side that is unthawed and just water and there they are!!

Definitely hope they stay. It is so really pretty to watch them float about the marsh. Last two years they arrived late fall (Octoberish) but am very happy they're here now.

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: They Arrived!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

As daylight dawns am seeing them all sleeping ON the ice. We had quite a covering of snow until yesterday when we got mild so while the snow is actively melting there is still lots of ice on the marsh. I'd of assumed the swans would be sleeping afloat on the water but they're all sitting/sleeping on the ice. I can only see 4 - the two adults and two younger ones but am sure the others are out there hidden by the trees.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Some cold bums there then LLL. ;)
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yeah - I'd of thought they'd sleep in the water but ? I've now counted 7.

The most I've seen has been 8 out there.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Raining hard and even the adjective "sideways" describes the weather outside so far this morning. Was hoping for at least no rain so I could get to the marsh to get some shots of them. They seem to be congregating on my side of the marsh (Bonus) vs across the way behind the reeds. On the other hand soon as the weather clears and people start walking the trail directly behind me they might all change their minds and head to the other side which means I can get a photo of them but not as good as if they're closer.