How odd!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

How odd!

Post by Mad Dilys »

I had a missed call on my mobile this morning - followed by a voice message.

Nothing odd about that except that the friend calling me died about a year ago.

Ok a missed call might be a mistake, but then the message lasted two minutes - nearly silent, but a mumbling voice from time to time.

As far as I know her son had her phone afterr she died, he always uses WhatsAppp when he wants me - or an email. He is currently in Spain and doesn't ever get up before lunchtime and the call was made at 9.0am.

Odd. I must say it gave me quite a turn when I woke up and saw I had a missed call and a message from her.

Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: How odd!

Post by Grandad »

Sounds a bit weird MD. Did you call the number back? I would.
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Yup, but had to leave a message..................as "they" were talking on line. Not engaged. :urm: :ni: So I left a message identifying myself and said I'd ring back later.

We'd only been talking about her yesterday and I watched her favourite tv show in her memory. I really loved her, as well as admiring how she dealt with life being born as a bone poor member of a rural Welsh community.

It was a real privilege to have known her.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

That IS truly odd and I can't really think of any explanation for it unless the phone is still active and somebody (not the son) tried to use it (i.e. a child playing with it and accidently got your contact info and inadvertently put a call through? OR somebody else actually sat on the phone and it connected? OR ?)

That is about all I can think of but definitely weird. Hope you can call back and get connected through and make sense of it. Definitely would be a start to get a call from the OTHER side! (but stranger things have happened)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Some time ago a friends wife received a mobile phone call from her husband who at the time was in another country. It was in the middle of the night and all she could hear were strange grunting noises at the other end, she kept calling his name and saying “hello Mick, are you there”. It continued like that for some minutes with her getting more and more desperate until all of a sudden she head his voice asking in a surprised voice “is that you Pam?” It turned out that he was on the toilet in his hotel and as he had dropped his trousers around his ankles it must have done a speed dial to his home phone number without his knowledge, he only became aware when he started to hear a tiny little voice in the hotel toilet calling his name. :lol: :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Even odder!

I have been doing more checking. The number is a landline, so difficult to be dialled accidentally, repeatedly.

Also since she died her phone account died with her. I might be connected to a wrong number if it was reissued, but someone rang me. I have the same number with my friend's name on.

I can't get my head round this. :?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@MD - weirder and weirder! Considering the plant pot fell too I'd say somebody IS trying to attract your attention about something.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

They should write with bigger letters then if they are sending messages. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'd prefer messages just be sent by audio and I don't want to have to try and interpret the message either.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Mobile numbers are re-allocated after they cease to be registered to a particular phone. ;)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Fair enough Horus, I know they can do that, but why would they ring me repeatedly? :ni:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Mad Dilys wrote:Fair enough Horus, I know they can do that, but why would they ring me repeatedly? :ni:
Exactly MD, my thoughts as well. Numbers may be re-allocated but not SIMs and that is where contact numbers would be stored. Still seems possible that a member of the family has the phone OR it has passed on to someone else who is checking out the contacts stored on the SIM.
Still a bit strange?
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I still cannot understand how you said it was your friends old mobile phone number that rang you, but later said you had checked and it was a landline that called you? As far as I know Mobile and Landline numbers have different sets of digits.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Exactly Horus, very confusing.

At first I believed that the call was from a mobile, only later when I checked her number I saw it was a landline number. Further checking with her family confirmed that she only had a basic landline handset in her hall, not even a hands free.

Anyway, I guess it will just be one of life's mysteries.