Trump

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Trump

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Anyone else get the feeling that Donald Trump has just signed his own death warrant? :urm:

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Trump

Post by Mad Dilys »

We won't be that lucky Ruby, it'll probably be the tens of thousands of innocents who will suffer not him. :dv
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@RS - how so?
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:@RS - how so?
Oh come on LLL. The man is a loose cannon bent on causing strfe around the world. And he can't wait for Kim Jong Un to direct one of his rockets towards the US instead of over Japan. Now he has poked his nose into an area that is really none of his business although he is quick to criticise others who voice opinions about American affairs. Just like Bush and Iraq, and look how that has ended up.

The man is full of himself and will never be a diplomat.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

DOW has reached all time highs 81 times since he has come into office......some investments returning 20% and I honestly can't see that there is any one other Politician who HONESTLY IN REALITY with FULL TRANSPARENCY would/could do a better job.

He is not a diplomat. He is a Businessman.

I'll give and say Trump shouldn't be President IF you can show me any other person who right now would do a better job ........... ??? And if Kim does happen to lob anything in my direction I hope Trump stops it once and for all quickly and efficiently.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

If nothing else Trump for all his unconventional ways does seem to make an impact with his actions, I just wish he would not tweet so much, it does not come across as being presidential. When it comes to Palestine I am on the fence, we have had over half a century of Arab intransigence over Israel and to my mind using the Palestinians as a bartering chip, it has been more about their own politics than people. Israel is not gong to go away so why a settlement could not have been reached by now is beyond belief. Is anyone actually claiming that they (the Jews) do not belong there? Who is actually the late comer? Who’s mosque is sitting on top of the remains of Herod’s Temple and not the other way around.

It was a revered Jewish site well before an Islamic prophet allegedly flew skywards on his horse from this very mount several hundreds of years later. The point here is that once again it is more down to religious differences than anything tangible, so maybe Trump throwing another mix into the pot may just make some sort of change for the better, who knows? Jerusalem has always been known through biblical times as the Jewish capital city so what’s the big deal in recognising that and moving your embassy there, other than antagonising a group of people that no longer knows the reasons for its own anger but just reacts to the slightest perceived insult, sound familiar?

Palestine has been a political football for too many years and someone needs to break the deadlock and accepting the reality of the situation may be the start.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Trump demonstrates survival of the fittest - at the expense of the weakest who eventually are eliminated.

It seems to work in nature, why not with humanity? :tk
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

You could use that analogy when all the surrounding Arab countries attacked Israel in unison, no doubt thinking the same thing would apply, so it doesn't always turn out that way ;)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I should have quoted LLL's post, sorry.

When I asked why it wouldn't work with humanity? I was actually thinking about his effect on America and it's people with Trump running the country like a business, where as we know there is no room for sentiment.

If the bottom line is OK is that all that matters?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I am no fan of Trump and have said it many times, he does however grasp a few nettles that other world leaders have failed to address, even if he does do it in a clumsy manner.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

At the point in history Trump was elected I can only ask "Who else would have been a better more effective leader?" Definitely NOT the Clintons in the White House again! Spare me please.

Bernie? Nah.

So at this time we're left with he who was elected and he isn't a refined double speak glibly lying politician happily lining his or her own pockets with multi million of my hard earned tax dollars.

Is that what we really want? A politician who, behind the scenes is making side deal after side deal the puppet of big business willing to be bought so as to emerge financially 'set' for the next 10 generations of his families life? Do we really believe this Politician WOULD act in our best interest(s)? Already sold themselves with guarantees to vote a certain way should the matter come up knowing they'll be happily rewarded for their vote behind closed doors.

I'm not thrilled at all that Trump tweets but that is Trump warts and all. IMO he is relatively thin skinned, has quirks but he is himself and isn't beholden to anybody. Not very many, if any in Washington can say that.

As for naming Jerusalem - again wasn't like there was any other WORLD leader on the cusp of solving and resolving the issue and I sure didn't see anybody else stepping up to the plate with grand ideas. So he named Palestine and it hurt a few feelings - GET OVER IT! Maybe quite a few in the area need to suck it up and seriously look at what THEY CAN DO to PROTECT THEIR OWN PEOPLE, get them meaningful employment or whatever it takes so they can all coexist nicely in the sandbox.

Kim Jung Un is like the bully on the street. So long as you pander to them they're apt to continue their bullying ways. The USA isn't doing anything to provoke Kim and has been very clear. Unlike Obama drawing a "RED LINE" and then walking away Trump isn't going to do that but, as somebody who is sitting in a potential strike zone should that nut case decide to lob a nuke I hope if he does the reaction will be swift, severe in the extreme and the word obliteration comes to mind. I'd rather lay scored earth and get it over with and deal with the global fallout than commencing a prolonged war with horrendous loss of life on both sides for decades.

And 'yeah' with any strike there is going to be extreme loss of life to innocent people. That is extremely sad. Can't emphasize enough how devastating that is going to be. On the other hand do we tolerate and tolerate and tolerate ad nauseum until our own lives are taken and we're marching down the streets behind green & red painted nukes saluting a chubby fat guy with a funny hair cut?

If it comes down to me having to make a decision for me and my own I wouldn't hesitate to do anything different than Trump will do. I'd feel bad about it but in my own experience there are a thousand voices in this day and age and you can't deal with all of them. Sometimes you do have to make the extremely hard decisions and live with the consequences.

Peace through strength. In a household where Mommy is negotiating with a screaming toddler attempting to placate everybody suffers the screams and tantrums. Often the entire house is in chaos, nothing is accomplished and the child gets more and more out of control constant pre-occupied with what 'deal' to benefit their own needs can be bargained for? On the other hand the parent who basically takes the lead and says 'this is how it is going to be' and charts a moderate course is much more effective at parenting, everybody is OK (maybe no ridiculously happy but ok) and getting on with life, doing what they want, acquiring knowledge, following recreational pursuits blah blah blah.

Trump was elected. He is who we have. He is, at least, making decisions others have waffled about for years more afraid of losing their own gravy train than taking the bull by the horns giving it a good sake and trying to resolve matters that have continued for decades.

Those who are protesting Jerusalem are obviously making their own choice to do so. Why are THEY not looking at this as an opportunity to really change and to adopt a new life perspective and trying to be part of the solution vs carrying on as always with violence?
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

You obviously don't get many demonstrations and reports of what's happening in Palestine, then, LLL?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

To be fair it didn't take HAMAS long to start lobbing rockets into Israel with no regard to killing innocent civilians, sometimes I am convinced that most Arabs have to have a vendetta against something otherwise their lives would be meaningless. :st This has been on the cards for years and unless I am mistaken the Palestinians only claim an historic right to about 1/4 of the city as being theirs. What annoys me is that this could all have been settled years ago, but for years the Arab world has used Palestine as a festering scab to promote their own agenda and the Palestinians have suffered as a result, this is what you get when one side calls for the annihilation of the other as their raison d’etre.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@RS - au contraire I actually saw all the protests. Even saw that schools let their students out so they could go and protest BUT, ya know, there is something really inappropriately wrong big time if your reason for living is to protest.

I mean really? Schools let students out to protest. Is there something not deeply ingrained WRONG with that? Where is the outrage that School actually encouraged students to go out to protest. To fight with other people. Scream epithets, utter threats, throw rocks.........THAT is how WE as a people are supposed to live and interact with each other?

I'm not buying it anymore and believe me I'm not being just specific to this. I'm talking all over.

Nowadays on both micro and macro levels there is way too much "you said that and hurt my feelings and now YOU have to pay!"

So what if Trump declared he planned to move the American Embassies to Jerusalem - really honestly so what? THAT is reason to protest? Fight? Lob grenades? Shoot off bombs?

Where is the normal rational thought?

Ok you live there. You have a house, a home, a family, a life to live - a garden to garden, an amaryllis to grow, meals to make........HOW is the name of a place and the movement of an Embassy going to impact what you have to do in your life?

What makes you wake up in the morning so enraged you're leaving to go and protest that action?

Why didn't the School take this as an opportunity to teach acceptance, accommodation, cooperation ?? No instead they released all the students to go and join the Protestors.

All in all it tell me that lifestyle is so ingrained it will never change so why should the rest of us get all in an uproar about it when they make absolutely minimal efforts to move forward with change regardless of what that is............

Really - what is a name or a word in the whole larger scheme of life? Is it worth dying for? Have your child hurt?
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I have long held the belief that behind most governments in the western world are Jewish business men pulling the strings! I think that one of the main reasons that Israel is flourishing, and dispossessing the Palestinians of their land and possessions,(and getting away with it!) is the fact that they have the backing of various governments who have a vested interest in Israel and keep them supplied with the necessary ammunition etc. So much so that Israel is aware that whatever atrocities they commit on the Palestinians will be sanctioned by the West! Whoever said 'might is right' was bang on target - although it probably wasn't meant in the way it's construed in modern day parlance! :td
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

"Agreements" the term makes me laugh! The Camp David Agreement became a poor joke, if the terms had been kept there would not have been so many problems now.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I have long held the belief that behind most governments in the western world are Jewish business men pulling the strings!
My, my how history starts to repeat itself, wasn't it a similar claim that led to the genocide of millions of Jews and led directly to the creation of modern Israel in the first place? The reason that the Western world supplies them with weapons is that they are surrounded by people who wish to exterminate them (again). Why did Saddam Hussein start throwing Scud missiles at Israel, why does Iran call for Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth, why do the Palestinians themselves vote for HAMAS and Hezbollah if they are all peaceful people?

I have no particular love of Israel, but they exist and nothing short of annihilation will please the Arab states and until that changes then I would defend their right to defend themselves. Quite what the West gets out of supporting Israel I am not sure, short of preventing genocide in the Middle East and a few Jaffa oranges I can’t see they have much effect upon our lives.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

He who pays the piper calls the tune, Horus!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Ruby Slippers wrote:He who pays the piper calls the tune, Horus!
Well if that is true you should then mention that Israel received around 3 billion dollars from America during the same period that Egypt received around 28 billion, mainly in military aid.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Sorry, Horus. I have yet to see, read or hear anything that will make me change my views or opinion.