Be ALL that you can BE - at least sometime

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Be ALL that you can BE - at least sometime

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

You can be anything you want to be. I guess, I supposed but in the REAL world...........

Watching the Nightly news. They're talking about a person called "Jadu" (her name) which is now the name of a Caucasian man who transgendered to a woman and then transracial'd to self identifyas a Filipino woman. Apparently is even driving around Miami Florida in a tuk tuk.

I guess I get transgender. You're born one way when in reality you're actually another so you change your sex. You actually under chemical and surgical procedures and change but Transracial?

"When is it ok to be transracial?" Should we ever be allowed to change our race? Can we? Seemingly we can change everything else about us but our race? Isn't there anything that you might just have to live with?

And then I can't help but think - is one really in the REAL world when one decides to change RACE?
Isn't this just a fantasy? OR do you think the rest of us are going to be punished if we now don't follow along with people who start out as one thing and just keep changing and changing and changing into something totally else.........

There is now a LAW in Canada that we MUST use the correct pronoun when we're talking to somebody/anybody who identifies in a certain way i.e. if a woman transgenders into a man it is illegal for me to refer to this person as HE (even if I'd known of them as a 'he' all their life and it is also apparently illegal to refer to this person as 'them.' The deal here is that we MUST use the correct pronoun.

How long do you think those of us in the real world will have to play along with others who are not IMO that grounded in who they are or where they are or what they are?

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Be ALL that you can BE - at least sometime

Post by Grandad »

I find the whole transgender thing a bit extreme when it comes to genital reconstruction, almost macabre and it can never be the complete transformation. BUT if somebody chooses to go through that process and wishes to 'change' their sex then I think they should be entitled to change their gender.
That is the case here and a man who has changed to a woman will be addressed as a woman. Transrace? That is a step too far.
Another category that is in between IMO is cross dressing where somebody is comfortable to dress as their opposite sex. One of our most noted cross dressers is Grayson Perry, an accomplished artist. When in drag he is still addressed as he or him although his transition is very convincing as when he went to Buckingham Palace to be awarded a CBE.

Here he is with his wife Phillipa

And posing with Yeoman of the Guard

He is accepted as a cross dresser on TV panel shows etc without question or comment......Whatever floats your boat I suppose :lol:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

People can be what they want to be as far as I am concerned, where I draw the line is in being told how I must interact with them and how I must comply with their wishes to be addressed. In other words it implies that I must go along with their choices regardless of my own views or thoughts on the matter, for example my own views on what ‘marriage’ actually means is different to what some PC people would try and tell us it is.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Agreed on the Marriage thing H. How can a lesbian couple refer to each other as 'their wife' or a gay couple as 'their husband'. If the "Marriage" of like sex couples is now legal then I think in those cases we need new words for the male or female couples. Wife and husband are heterosexual terms and not for the LGBT lot.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm with H on this one in that You can be a PINK Elephant for all I care (and I really do not care at all) BUT I reserve the right to be able to say whatever I want and this is where Trudeau's new LAWS are bothering me as now ALL of US are required to comply even if it changes day by day to whatever you are. Not that it bothers me as mostly I would probably ignore you but IF you're a Teacher in High School or a Professor in a University having to deal with this person on a day by day it pose a problem particularly IF the person was one of those crazy zealots trying to push their point and waiting to pounce. It is the Teacher/Professor who would be sanctioned and could be sanctioned legally. Can see the look on the RCMPs face......"You called George a "HIM" and today he is a "HER" although dressed in blue jeans and t-shirt!!! Like they don't have terrorist and rapists and robbers to contend with!!!

I do not want to be dragged into some other persons crazy fantasy and have to comply with whatever they think their world entails. Not going to be verbally abusive or pointed and probably would never even comment as I really do not care and that was the point of the News Commentator. How far into somebody elses fantasy do we have to reasonably go?

Now interestingly enough almost ALL our bathrooms are neutral. You can go into whichever one you want. We wouldn't want to confuse those who don't know IF they're men or women and don't know which toilet to use :urm: :urm: :urm:

Really makes me scratch my head and wonder WHO is really the crazy one???
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Sometimes I swear that the lunatics are running the asylum. :st
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sadly IMO they are here. They're making laws on the one hand but then themselves blatantly flaunting them. I'm starting to firmly believe there should be term limits to politics. No more lifetime career politicians 'cept of course if you happen to just get an exemplary one but ?? No easy answer.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That should be the single reason to disqualify anyone from becoming a politician, the desire to actually be one.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Agree with all of the above, can't think of anything to add! :up
Smile! It confuses people