For Kiya and Roy

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

For Kiya and Roy

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Trivia re: Newfoundland for you and Roy. I'm thinking he is still in Newfoundland but if you're told us otherwise I've missed it.

Enough Newfie jokes already! Did you know that Newfoundland was...
The first to respond to Titanic distress signal.

The first to vaccinate for smallpox.

The first to host a transatlantic flight.

The first to have wireless communication in the world.

The first place to discover proof of the theory of continental drift.

WE HAVE . . . .
The oldest street in North America.

The oldest city in North America.
The oldest rock in the world.

The oldest continuous sporting event (Regatta Day rules! )

The largest university in Atlantic Canada.

The most pubs per square foot in Canada (George Street)

The longest running radio program in North America.

Caught the world's largest invertebrate (giant squid)

WE ARE....
~ the funniest people in Canada (ask anybody)
~ the sexiest people in Canada (MacLean's magazine survey)
~ the only Province that has four identifiable flags
~ the only Province able to land the space shuttle (Stephenville)
~ the most giving people in Canada (Stats Canada)
~ the most sexually active people in all of Canada (what else are we gonna do!)

A NEWFOUNDLANDER . . . .
~ built the world's first artificial ice arena
~ invented the gas mask
~ was once governor of northern Rhodesia
~ was with Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg

WE ARE THE ONLY PROVINCE TO HAVE IT'S OWN. . . .
~ encyclopedia
~ dictionary
~ pony
~ dogs
~ cultural publication

By reading this, you now know more about Newfoundland than.... well, almost everyone! Send this email along to all your friends and let them know what a great place the Rock really is! If you are a proud Newfie.... you will definitely send this along to others.... and if you are not a Newfie... you probably wish you were!

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: For Kiya and Roy

Post by Kiya »

How interesting LLL :) thank you for sharing, I have heard on many occasions the amount of pubs they have & always how nice & friendly the folks are.

Roy is home today, just landed at London as I write & will be here mid afternoon, I'm really looking forward to seeing my boy soon :)

Not sure yet how long he has maybe 1 week or 2 :?:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Lovely, enjoy your time together, I bet he has some nice pressies for you Kiya :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Mmmmm maybe ;) :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Oooh, just like waiting for Santa :a22:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

OMG - Prezzies from Newfie land! OMG - dried seal meat, a mummer stick, a jigs dinner, blue potato (it really is NOT rotten Kiya just blue on the inside, figgy duff .......... And if Roy is now saying "YES Baie" in answer to everything - well hopefully that will fade in time.

Have a terrific visit!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Roy arrived safe & well late Saturday afternoon, but, no pressies, no anything, silly fools at London put his case on a different plane, it was supposed to be delivered to the house yesterday but nothing yet ! not a peep from them.

So Roy has just the clothes he's standing up on :(

The main reason Roy came home was for to see his Uncle, you all remember David I took to Rome with me, he was rushed to hospital with a heart attack & severe internal bleeding last weekend, it was touch & go for the first few days & in a high dependency room.....thank fully he is making a recovery slow but sure................he is annoyed with Roy coming all the way from his work in Canada but, that's a good sign from David he on the mend ;) :) :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Hope David continues to make a full recovery Kiya. I do remember when he went with you to Italy. At least Roy gets to see his mum and no doubt he will find some jobs for you to do in his place ;) :lol:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Sorry to hear about David Kiya, I also remember him well from editing your Rome holiday pictures and wish him a speedy recovery. I am sure that David realises deep down that Roy was very concerned about him and that to him family came first :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thank you both G & H :)

Grandad no jobs at Roy's place for now, he put in tenants while he is working in Canada but, still managing to boss me about here.......well he thinks he is ;)

Yes Horus he does know how Roy feels about him, they both have a close bond , David always shows interest in Roy's work & admires him what he has achieved so far :)

I've watched my DVD of Rome you did for me Horus many times & everyone that comes to visit have seen it too :)

David actually got a lot worse in the hospital, the heart attack he had was mild but they gave him aspirin to thin the blood but ,unfortunately for David he was one of the few to have a bad reaction to aspirin, when he was having internal bleeding because of the aspirin he was rushed to theatre to find where the loss of blood was coming from & he needed 8 units of blood transfusion, also he couldn't breath for himself & wired up to a machine breathing for him.

When he was back in his room during night he thought he was ok to get up for the toilet ( Mr Independent ) not wanting to bother anyone , then he got dizzy & landed on the floor, he was sick couple of times then sick with black blood coming up, when he saw this that's when he thought that was the end.....thankfully his eye caught the buzzer & he gave that slap for the nurses, he didn't know anything after that.

Once again he was taken to theatre & camera's in him to have a good look around then they found a shadow on his lungs due to bad infection so they'll be keeping him till that is clear.

That is the jist what's been happening with David & as said thankfully he is on the mend now.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thank goodness he was OK Kiya, my brother was not so lucky he had an infection that turned to sepsis and he died within a couple of days and that was only in August :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I remember well the trip you and David took to Italy and the stories you shared about the pick pockets & your purse. Very sorry to hear of his heart attack and all but hopefully he is on a good mend now. Tell him to STOP being so independent and get the nurses for everything (but I also realize you might be talking to a brick wall!! )

In a way good that he got back to the operating room if the result was they found another infected area. Best to get it all healed up cleared up while they have him before he heads home again.

Lovely for Roy to come to see his uncle too. Good chance for him to visit everybody too.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

So sad about your brother Horus...............& David has realised how lucky he has been & knows now he has to change slow down a bit, but , he is the kinda person he's always ready to help others.

And the smoking is going to be a big challenge for him once he's home, he hasn't touched a cig since being in hospital so I'm hoping everyone gives him encouragement & themselves smoke outside away from him.

LLL thank you :) & don't worry everyone has been telling him he's got to slow down & let everyone do the running around especially for him for a while. :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

If he does struggle Kiya, get him onto those 'vaporisers' they really do stop the smoking of ciggies adiction, OK not a complete stop from nicotine use, but much better by a large degree. :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Kiya, when I was 52 I had an MI. I didn't need it but the doctor told me to 'Give up smoking'. It was already a sufficient 'kick up the arse' for me to have already decided to stop. Not one cigarette has touched my lips in the 31 years since. So hopefully David will have the same realisation. I do hope so.

You mention others smoking, possibly in his company. Rather than smoking away from him, why not also stop? Cigarette smoking is a prime cause of a heart attack which is a most unpleasant experience and many don't survive. I do hope others will learn lessons from David's experience.

Sorry to preach but everyone in my family were smokers, now not one smokes.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Very sage advice Grandad. My mother was a heavy chain smoker her entire life. My father never smoked a cigarette but had COPD when he passed. I am extremely sensitive to smoke and if I get around it at all I start to hack and cough sooooooo my point is it isn't only yourself that you're pushing into ill health it can also be everybody around you too.

Best to stop and get whatever help/treatment you can to help you. Definitely not easy to stop on your own but one of the best decisions you've made if you do.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I agree, I went cold turkey and have never touched one in over 30 years :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Giving up smoking is far from easy and nobody can deny that. I had tried to give up some time before my MI. I still had cigarettes but would leave them in the car when I got to work. I then chewed Nicorette gum during the day BUT at lunchtime I went back to my car 'for a fag'. That is not trying very hard. :(

You have to make your mind up and STOP. I had an incentive to stop just like David but the alternative is cold turkey as Horus has told us and that must be really hard. But it is worth it because in a few years, any damage to your lungs can recover. You know it makes sense :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thank you all for your concern & advice :) it is going to be difficult for David to give up smoking, I know how much he likes his ciggy & his wife gave up for 9 months using the vapour ones last year but then started again while they were on holiday.

The problem here David didn't stop with her & still smoked around her as did family & friends, I cannot see my sil Jill stopping around him as he didn't around her, a bit selfish I know with David being so ill, time will tell & I'll be watching them :)