A visit to the Swallow Falls

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

A visit to the Swallow Falls

Post by Horus »

I did post this earlier, but it seems to have gone missing?
Grandad is always asking for me to post a few pictures and accounts of my little outings, so here is one that gives a bit of background to the area around Betws-y-Coed in Wales. I take far to many images and videos to be able to post them all, so I have selected a few and compiled them into a Youtube video for ease of viewing. I have to make the disclaimer at this point that the images and video are not so good as I only had my small Nikon camera with me at the time and it takes poor shots in low light IMO and it was far later into the evening than the images may indicate. I also had to run the video through some file conversion software to upload it which didn’t help the quality, the better video at the end was taken with my Fuji camera. I will just have to wait until Grandad decides to sell his neat little Fuji then put in a bid for it. ;)

phpBB [video]

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: A visit to the Swallow Falls

Post by Grandad »

Really lovely H :up And just the harp playing Myfanwy is so apt. I really enjoyed watching that.

I watched it full screen and, as you say, the quality could be better but it was pretty good to me. I just sat a little further from the screen which was fine.

Don't want to encroach on your thread but this lovely recording of Myfanwy by Neath Male Voice Choir has the words so we can practice our Welsh language. ;)
phpBB [video]

Another memory triggered of my father in law singing Myfanwy in the bathroom in the Welsh. Such a lovely bloke who died too young at 68. :(
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Glad you enjoyed it Grandad and it was bad enough watching it in a small window, so in full screen it must have been pretty dire. Always a pity when you realise how poor the images and video have turned out as you are stuck with them, but like I said it was a lot later on in the day than it looked and the camera was struggling with the low light, believe it or not, but I thought at one time that I would be heading back in the dark. :o

I do like to choose a suitable bit of music to go along with my videos and the Welsh harp playing Myfanwy seemed to be pretty apt for this one as it is very peaceful to hear, so I'm glad it stirred a few memories for you. I hope to show you all a short video later on of the wobbly rope bridge over the river Conway and I have just the tune in mind for that one, :up it goes along with the words “Hitler, he only has one ……..” :a24: :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

And the same to you :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Lovely video H. Liked the boardwalks :) And the stone fences all along the road ways.

Ewynnol - what sort of WORD spelled like that can be pronounced by anybody?! ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Swallow Falls is such a beautiful place to visit. :)

At the beginning of your video I stood at that point looking down on Swallow Falls, I have a lovely photo, if I find it I will post it here.

Lovely video Horus :up :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Ewynnol - what sort of WORD spelled like that can be pronounced by anybody?! ;)
That is one of the easier ones LLL :lol: Remember what I have said, just say it as it is written. Not too difficult really. ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Here is my pic of Swallow Falls taken in 2006

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

@ LLL, there are lots of such stone walls to be found in Wales, nearly everywhere you go there are stone walls like those in the video, they can also be found in other parts of the UK like the 'Peak District' in Derbyshire as one example. As to speaking Welsh words, just imagine clearing your throat, spoken Welsh sounds very similar :lol:

@ Kiya, nice picture, did you take it yourself or did you buy it? and what were you doing so far away from home? :D
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Horus wrote:@ LLL, there are lots of such stone walls to be found in Wales, nearly everywhere you go there are stone walls like those in the video, they can also be found in other parts of the UK like the 'Peak District' in Derbyshire as one example. As to speaking Welsh words, just imagine clearing your throat, spoken Welsh sounds very similar :lol:

@ Kiya, nice picture, did you take it yourself or did you buy it? and what were you doing so far away from home? :D
That was one of my trips to Luxor, meeting & staying over with friends in Wrexham-Wales, we went to Luxor together & I stayed with them a few days on our return, they took me all around site seeing such as Swallow Falls, Conwy Castle etc, the weather was wet & miserable in Wrexham but, it didn't spoil my visit to the castle. :)

I did take the picture myself & then added the border in Adobe Elements.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Something else I noticed in your video H - Annie has a BLUE leash! As a cute little GIRL she needs a PINK one! ;) ;) ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

@ Kiya, I am curious as to how you have friends so far away in Wrexham, my own route to Wales usually takes me via Wrexham and along the coast to Conwy, shame it was miserably weather for you on your visit. It was not so good for myself this last time, a few nice days followed by a few wet ones, but hey you need to make the best of it whatever the weather. Nice job with the photo :up

@ LLL, in a word, NO! It is bad enough having my daughter always wanting to buy her ‘girlie’ things, :td I compromise with getting her mostly red, but draw the line at pink. Surprisingly enough although she is very affectionate and good natured she is in fact quite the little tough guy and holds her own against other dogs, often starting the argument. She is no shrinking violet when it comes to getting stuck in and will jump into the water or sniff and snuffle in the bushes and brambles and then chase anything that she sees as fair game from pigeons to squirrels and rabbits, she is currently obsessed with sniffing out a Hedgehog living somewhere in the garden, usually signalled by a snarly growl and a pounce into the undergrowth, wait until she sticks her nose on the prickles. :lol: The thing is she has this ability to look really cute and that often attract lots of fans, usually ladies (so I am not complaining ;) ) and they want to give her a fuss and she loves the attention. :D
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@H - I can understand a girl wearing RED. I often wear it myself but a bright blue leash could be confusing to her gender identity and her perception of herself ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

The blue leash is an extention of my gender LLL ;) and it stops at the Red harness :D
As for wearing red, my dear wife often wore red and it suited her down to the ground, it complimented her Brunette hair. :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Diplomatic answer H! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)