Hack Hack Cough Hack

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Hack Hack Cough Hack

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today we were supposed to get record breaking temperatures so I'd organized to go to the Lake with the Dtr and grandkids. The sun never did appear WHICH as we're all finding out is because of the haze from the wildfires.

This is the New Alert tonight:

UPDATE: The BC Ministry of Environment has just issued a smoky skies bulletin for Eastern Vancouver Island, the Southern Gulf Islands and Greater Victoria
Smoke from wildfires burning in the interior are creating hazy conditions across much of Vancouver Island this morning.
What do the skies look like where you are? Post your photos in the comments below

We last had this two summers ago and it was brutal trying to breathe here. Hope it clears soon.

Gotta find a mask.......

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Hack Hack Cough Hack

Post by Horus »

That cannot be any good for your heath LLL, I am surprised that they have not been issuing some sort of dust masks to help, a good substitute is a dampened Handkerchief tied across your face. At least you have got some decent weather, recently we have had nothing but cloudy skies, wind and rain and its supposed to be our Summer :urm:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Our PM is too busy taking selfies and showing off that he wears goofy socks to really CARE about something as mundane as air quality. The outside seems a bit clearer today vs the haze of yesterday and about the only thing the haze is doing is stopping us from getting the predicted 38 to 44C temperatures the rest of the Province is getting.

Air quality is something you don't really notice 'til you don't have it and you don't really notice it too much 'til you have to go out and wash down the outside of the house and see all the grime flowing off of it.

I'm just starting to hack and cough but thousands are lots closer and not know IF they have homes left. I'm just hoping we don't have any FIRES starting HERE to contend with.

I have some of those over the nose masks (cheap ones) and might just start wearing that outside.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

LLL, those over the nose masks are usually used in industry as 'dust' masks, so will probably do the job quite well :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I went to the grocery store today and saw a few people walking around with them. I figured 'ok' better go get some so I did and - as USUAL HERE - the store was SOLD OUT!! Now that doesn't necessarily mean there has been a run on them it simply means the quota shipped here was reached at some point in the last couple of years and no more have been sent......sooooo (Hack hack) I'll have to go and look for the two or three I think I have in the garage (somewhere - maybe)

On another note it is almost 11pm here. Tomorrow, Thursday, it is predicted the temperature could go as high as 111F - record breaking for here. Usually in the evening it cools down but tonight the weather is reversed and it is getting warmer and warmer. I just went outside and usually this time of night there isn't much wind and everything is still and quiet. Tonight however there is a really funny warm to hot wind blowing in.

The FEEL to the weather is really odd. Haven't felt weather this odd since about 30 yrs ago back east when I felt the air just prior to a tornado. Not that I think we're going to get a tornado just that the air/weather has a different feel to it.

Today on the Island there was a boat catch on fire in the Marina around noon just after it filled with fuel. Fortunately the guys at the fuel dock were able to push the boat out to the water BUT that put it in direct line of the float planes. This doesn't help our air quality and the Gov't is now issuing Air Quality Alerts called a "Smokey Skies Bulletin." Not elaborating what they mean but that is what they're calling this haze that is blocking out quite a bit of the sun.