Birds of a Feather

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Birds of a Feather

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This is the year of getting the entire OUTSIDE into shape and putting the final finishing touches to everything.

I've been planning how to attract birds to the back yard. Quite enjoy seeing all the photos of all the birds Grandad has coming into his yard and am hoping to get as many into mine AND being able to take photos of them.

The top bird house was the first bird house I put up. It did have a nest in it but I never did actually see any of the chicks fledge and fly out. I have two of the bottom style put up in the back yard and HOPEFULLY they'll attract occupants this spring.

This bird house was my next acquisition. I have him hanging off the shed and highly doubt anybody would take us residence as he is too out in the open. He is however really unique and I enjoy looking at him more than hoping he has a functionality

This one is sitting on top of a pole and can actually house 4 birds. IF the clematis decides to take off it could end up twining about this providing more cover and then maybe attracting a few occupants.

This house I just found a few days ago when I was down in the States. Am not too sure who built it but in one of the Main Street junk stores I found a bird house stylized after a church. Next store I saw one that was make to look like an old jail and then in the third store I found 3 on this theme. I liked this one best. It is also mounted on top of a pole in the back yard. I actually took down the bird feeder and put this one up. Whomever made it was quite inventive with the use of old hardware.

Am hoping to attract some feathered friends!

Over all this is basically what you see now looking out the back downstairs window and this area is DONE over and out DONE!

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Birds of a Feather

Post by Horus »

And a great job you have done of it LLL, it all looks pretty fab, I especially like those totem faces on the wall. Your decking area certaily looks good and reflects the country you are living in. Not sure how well your bird house on poles will work out, birds tend to like places with some shelter to where they nest, so I suspect the ones on the fence will do best, they all look very nice though. :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Interesting bird houses :) like Horus I do like the totem faces.....bright & colourful :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The Totem faces are "tikis" and trucked back from Hawaii. Love the colour in them and they really do punch up the place ;)

On another note one thing putting everything OUT in the spring however quite another carrying it all back in prior to winter.