Shakin' my head

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Shakin' my head

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sooooooo - was out all day hosting in a Garden at a Garden event a Club I belong to sponsors to raise funds for literacy.

Been dozing off in my chair and then 'something' woke me up. Not sure what so I dozed again and then hear sirens. Sirens coming closer and then a few BIG BANGS!! WTF!!!!! Went outside and I can smell smoke but can't really see much so came back inside to make another cup of tea.

And then the 'knock' on the door ...... NOT SLEEPY NOW.

I live on a dead end road. This past Spring the City cut down all the old growth timber at the end of the road as they decided to open this area for a new subdivision. After they cut the trees down they bucked them and logged them in place so mega wood chips everywhere.

Lots of local homeless found this area and have been camping there as making a fire is pretty easy given the number of available wood chips.

Tonight their campfire got away from them and has lit up the entire area. Unfortunately the fires have now spread over to a small local theater and the propane tanks used to heat the place are blowing up and the theatre is on fire and/or blowing up with the propane tanks.

The knock was one of the neighbours who lives beside this area walking the street just letting the rest of us on the street know ..... GEEEEZZZZZZZZZ.

Social problems ...... just shakin' my head. This theater was local productions only and over Christmas lots of programs for kids and it IS surrounded by houses. Hope everybody is ok.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Shakin' my head

Post by Horus »

Its all happening where you live LLL :D
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Doesn't sound good , btw how are all the folks in Fort Mac Murray since the fires :?:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I have no updates this morning (yet) on the fire(s) the homeless lit. I read some speculation that the fire was maliciously set vs a cook fire got out of control. What has been factually reported is that the Fire Department got there and found out there is no water there so had to send for a pumper truck to put out the fire however our Fire Departments are also quite capable of watching a fire burn itself out (they don't necessarily even TRY and save anything)

Right NOW because it has been so wet there isn't much fear of a huge forest fire but give it 2+ week of dry here and we could turn into a Fort McMurray!! We can easily get tinder dry here.

Here, and particularly of late, we get extremely selective reporting by our NEWS media so nothing much is being said anymore about Ft McMurray.

After the evacuations from the fire the discussion turned to our own Government giving the evacuees from Fort Mac essentially nothing whilst funding all the new refugees our PM is bringing in handsomely. The refugees were getting way in excess of what was allocated to those who lost everything there. Was pretty sad actually and then the entire story went black. Gov't here does control our News media.

On another note - the Mosque in Fort MacMurray received mega millions but I don't have details as again the story was reported and then just stopped.

Our PM (extreme Liberal) has enacted Anti-Islam laws so nobody here is allowed to say anything negative re: Islam. The law is vague but it has recently come in as a law but this may account for why nothing is reported concerning the Mosque there.

URL of photos of Fort MacMurray now:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fo ... &FORM=IGRE
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Geez !! some of these pictures show a right burnt out mess, hope everyone is back to some normality :)

Have to say Roy is enjoying St.Johns far more even though it is work, He is getting around some of the pubs with workmates, seeing hockey games etc .

Just the other week he had a week off so went to Indiana to watch the Indy 500, of course his favourite F1 driver Alonso was in the race.

I managed to follow the race with him on YouTube, I was lucky enough to catch someone with Live streaming.

He then went on to Toronto & had a couple of days there before getting back to St.Johns.

No word of a h/day for me yet :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Kiya - Don't be in a rush to go I'm not sure the snow has even melted yet in St John's Newfoundland! ;) It is still only June - no summer thaw yet ;) ;)