Notre Dam & Hammers

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Notre Dam & Hammers

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just seeing the Breaking News about a man attacking a Police Office with a hammer outside Notre Dam Cathedral.

Just seems to go on and on.

I do believe it is definitely TIME all law enforcement now walk out armed. Your Bobbies/Police I don't believe are typically armed. Our RCMP don't heavily arm either but in the USA they arrive like they're going into battle (and don't hesitate to use their firearms either but IMO given what they could or might face it is justified).

What is the answer? How do you stop a seemingly unorganized group bent on death and destruction?

I wish there was some way that ALL on any watch list were forced to give up all their wifi devices AND be installed with something (even if it had to be sewn into their skin) that JAMS all communication modalities they tried to use. Would definitely stop them being able to communicate with recruiters trying to inculcate them into a heinous ideology that purports to reward them for killing.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Notre Dam & Hammers

Post by Horus »

We do have armed police LLL, but they are often ‘response’ units and we also have armed police in sensitive locations. You have to understand that in the UK psyche we tend to distinguish between an unarmed police officer on patrol as being your everyday Bobby taking care of the community and crime prevention, but treat the same one carrying a firearm as something much more militaristic and closer to a SWAT team that you see in the USA. Most people in the UK would happily approach a Bobby on the beat and chat with him, but would be more reluctant to do the same with an armed policeman, not because they were afraid of them, but rather we look at them in a different light and of them being more pro active and aggressive towards evil doers. And of course being unarmed does not stop these brave guys from doing their job, the first person to tackle all three of last weeks terrorists together single handed was a copper armed with only a truncheon. Also the policeman who was killed at Westminster took on his attacker with his bare hands, before the maniac was shot dead by an armed colleague, sadly too late to save the other guy.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

As an aside to the above reply, I was pleased to see our PM say on TV that she supported a ‘shoot to kill’ policy with terrorists and so do most people. The latest attack in Paris was quickly dealt with and the attacker was shot although not killed, which is a pity, but I detect a sea change in political circles nationally that the reaction to terrorists should be swift and lethal. We have certainly allowed our responses to become too soft in recent years and too much consideration was shown towards not offending people or causing a reaction within minority communities, this is starting to change I believe. Even those minority communities are starting to support a strong stance against these fanatics, although much I fear is in response to the mounting criticism of their own communities and fear of a backlash than a genuine desire to oppose it in principle, but at least it is a start.

I say cast your minds back to the 70’s when hijacking aircraft was a weekly event, when did it stop? I will tell you, it was when many governments, UK, Germany, Israel etc. adopted a policy that no terrorist hijacker would be taken alive, everyone was shot dead. This had several outcomes, firstly there was no one in prison who they could try and free by ransoming their hostages and two, you steadily reduced the pool of potential hijackers as they were either dead or knew the outcome of their actions. Granted that this lot are a different breed and welcome death, therefore you need to take them out quickly and we don’t need no bleeding hearts when at times things may look look a bit questionable.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

A new 'Rivers of blood' seems to be emerging, but this time it is for real.
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

To some degree old Enock was ahead of his time :urm: