Getting older

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Getting older

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I would have liked to have seen this decision made by Ed when he was bedridden.

Course that opinion is me and mine and am sure there are million other variables re: this man that I'm not aware of but it strikes me too as his decision being a bit premature. There does still seem to be some quality of life left in that he IS still getting up and around - but - maybe the pain is already almost unbearable and maybe he is already at that stage.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Test test test
LLL, there must be something contained within that copied item you wanted me to post because you keep getting that error message, I have tried copying and pasting it on here for you, but I get the same problem, hence my test words above to see if the problem was with the forum, sorry. :(

EDIT By a process of elimination it apppears that those little 'heart' emoticons that it contained were the problem, so I have posted it below ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Proxy Posted for LLL

By way of an FYI these are some of the COMMENTS from the Readership public from the actual CHEK NEWS webpage. There are lots more and I just cut and pasted a chunk here to give a flavor of the responses to this news article:

Janice Fraser Dear Mr. Ness,
I wish you peace in that final moment .I wish you dignity, love and a smile to see as you close your eyes on this day. Such braveness, much respect to you. Warm wishes to your family and those who's lives you have touch.

Cheryl Favelle Ring Well said Janice. Such kind words

Cindy Dodds Williams Very kind indeed. What an incredible man.

Laura Cook My dad recently died from lung and liver cancer. He was fine up until the last week where he was in so much pain that he had to be given morphine to calm him down. Nobody wants to suffer, we don't let animals suffer so why should humans.
His family will watch him go to sleep without the trauma of seeing him suffer. I for one watched my dad die and although the end was peaceful my dad had to endure a lot of pain beforehand.
Joanne Hronowski Laura, I too was with my Dad when he passed. He was out of it for a couple of days on opioids. Still sad when I think of it almost 10 years later

Leslie Ivens This is so sad, but it is so the right thing to do <3 My heart goes out to his wife and family

Devrianne Snowdon I wish my gramma had this choice given to her, what we watched happen at the hospital was disturbing and the worst nightmares I still have to this day to envision. A fast as happy as can be goo bye is much nicer then a slow torturess one we endured.

Gina Butts I'm so glad that we now have this choice:). Such a difficult and brave decision but ultimately the individual's wish. Honestly, we have NO right to judge until you have faced this situation!!! Much love to the family

Kelly Ann Having recently watched my mom die painfully and slowly of cancer at 52, I would have wanted her to do the assisted dying. She suffered so much in her last 10 days of life, it would have been kinder to have let her sign the papers and put an end to it....See More

Heather Irwin Eds wife is my hero.. what a gift to give to the man that you love Respect and love to you and your family... to die with dignity is something we should all be allowed..

Stefanie Irwin-Bates It is a wonderful program. Very peaceful and quick.

Penny Blanchet McAuley My late husband was diagnosed with prostrate cancer when he was forty nine and died three month's later. The pain and suffering he went through (for a man that never would show pain) was unbelievable! It went into his bone's and he actually had a Doctor telling him he should get up and walk (it turned out that the cancer had eaten his spine and he couldn't ). He got a neck brace to try to be comfortable,and he had our family Doctor telling him he shouldn't wear one. This man was one of the bravest, strongest men I've ever known and in the end he was begging someone to end his life! I was a widow at forty-four. I don't agree with letting people be the voice of anyone when it come's to dying, but when you know you're dying and you are able to say enough,and the pain is too great, you should be able to do so.

Sharlyn MacRae Until you walk in someone's shoes, please respect this man's wishes <3 “I’m afraid of a slow death if it’s a slow painful death, you know I wouldn’t want that” said Ness. “You walk through some of these geriatric wards and see some of those people who have been in there for five years. No, that’s not my style at all.”

Linda Lagotte If you are suffering constantly even with meds and it has been going on for awhile I sure understand especially if no hope for improvement or those who are bedridden that is no life .Of course it has to be your decision though

Katrina Williams Such a brave man. My brother was in a similar situation 21 years ago. He checked himself out to the hospital while he was still strong enough and ended his own life. I was angry with him but understood why as there were no legal options at the time. Love and hugs to Mr Ness and Gloria.

Ashley Adie A brave decision. Cancer is an awful disease. So glad Canada passed this law so that people like this gentleman can choose to go on their terms, rather than go through the throws of their terminal illness.
Much respect, to him and his family and friends

Marcel Farley It's the right thing to do. It's high time that this country recognizes that this ultimate decision resides with the individual, not with a bureaucrat. When my time comes, if the situation is similar, I am happy to know that I will have that option too.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Thanks H. I couldn't get it to post and wanted to mostly give a flavor of the responses here to this news article. There were LOTS of comments. I just cut and pasted the top few in the list as it opened (didn't pick and choose) and seems everybody is supportive of this mans decision.

IF he is settled with the decision to end his life on his terms I'm ok and wouldn't dream of obstructing his choice however personally I would have liked him to extend out his life a bit more so as to give himself, his wife, family and loved ones more time with him. Having said that maybe he is in excruciating pain and possibly doing the News clip put him on his back for the rest of the day.

I think the "Right to Die" is a step in the right direction particularly when you're faced with diseases that make your last time unbearable with no quality of life at all.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

On the News today is the conclusion to the life of Ed Ness who opted to die with dignity in his own home. There are disclaimers on this news that it IS emotional and could be difficult for some to watch.

I did watch it and if you feel it could be disturbing or upsetting then maybe do NOT watch the actual news clip of his last minutes prior to passing as they do show you basically up to the time of his passing.

http://www.cheknews.ca/exclusive-ed-nes ... th-324498/

Tuesday is what Ed Ness had referred to as D-Day. Death Day.

But it’s not what you’d expect to see at a wake.

Friends and family gathered at Ed and his wife Gloria’s home in Deep Bay Tuesday afternoon to say goodbye. There were tears, hugs and even laughter.

The clock hung overhead in the kitchen and read 1:30 p.m. The doctor would arrive in thirty minutes.  

“How are you feeling right now?” Ness was asked by CHEK News reporter Dean Stoltz.

“Um, I’m a little revved up. It’s like when I first went skydiving” Ness replied. “There was an adrenaline rush. I feel like I’m going on a voyage somewhere and I don’t know where it is but it’s interesting.”

To describe the atmosphere, it was almost like a dinner party. The kitchen was filled with family and friends and there was a noisy din. 

“That’s exactly how I want it and that’s what I’ve told people, I don’t want it to be a solemn occasion, I want it to be a happy send-off,” Ed said. 

Ness wants as many people as possible to know about the choice he made and why. That faced with terminal lung cancer, he is dying anyway and this is how he wants to go. And he asked me to be here to tell his story about dying with dignity. 

“I’ve mentioned it to a few people that I’m doing this and some of the reactions are, you know they obviously haven’t got a clue what it’s all about,” Ness said.

“If people get educated on what it’s all about there’ll be a lot more support for it. It’s certainly not a suicide. You know, anyone who even brings up the topic suicide, you realize you’re talking to a fanatic right off the bat.”

When I first met Ed on Sunday, I expected him to look closer to death. Probably be in bed. But here he was still walking around, with less than half an hour to go. It felt odd, but comforting at the same time for those who had gathered to support him. Friends and family praised Ed’s choice to choose his day and let them say goodbye at the very end. 

And when asked in his final minutes if he has any second thoughts?

“Oh absolutely not, no,” Ed said. 

And with that at 1:45 p.m., Ed took a seat in his recliner. The shades were pulled down, candles wer lit and soft music is playing. He reads his last Epitaph to everyone and the doctor arrives at 2 p.m. Ed still sips at a glass of wine, a picture of his wedding day 35 years ago sits on the table beside him. The mood is heavier now. There isn’t much time left. Dr. Tanja Daws prepares the injections and Ed shares a final tender moment with his wife Gloria saying goodbye and I love you.

Dr. Daws asks if he is ready, he says yes and the procedure begins. He is given medication that will make him fall asleep and his last words to everyone are this is perfect.

“This is perfect,” Ed said. 

Ed was then given medication to put him into a medical coma and then to stop his heart. He passed away peacefully within a few minutes. 

For more information on medically-assisted death, visit Dying With Dignity Canada and Medical Assistance in Dying. 
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Still very sad :(
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I don't wish to sound morbid but I have become aware in the recent weeks that more people are passing who are in a similar age group to myself. John Noakes 83, Roger Moore 89, Roy Barrowclough 81: and others. Just for the hell of it I Googled recent celebrity deaths and among the results was this one https://deathlist.net/
This is a list drawn up by a committee of EXPERTS who predict the 50 people in the UK most likely to die in the current year. Not a list to have a look at I guess particularly if you are The Queen, Philip Duke of Edinburgh, Vera Lynn, and others.
Last year the list was 24% correct, a drop from the 28% for 2015.

It didn't say if odds were available at William Hill :lol:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Of course the older we get the more we contemplate our own mortality, sadly it is those we leave behind and who we would worry about.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

What I am attaching now is a follow up article from the News Reporter who covered this story. Quite compelling to read his own personal views on his assignment to cover the death of Ed Ness...

https://deanstoltznews.wordpress.com/20 ... f-ed-ness/

Dying with Dignity. Covering the death of Ed Ness.

by Dean Stoltz

I feel the need to write. I’ve never felt like this before, but putting words down in black and white seems to be the only way to make it all seem real.

It is 11:30 pm Monday May 29th, 2017.

I’m going to see a man die tomorrow. 2pm. On the dot.

I’ve been a reporter for 24 years, almost to the day. I’ve seen and covered a lot of death for the nightly news. Car crashes, train wrecks, plane crashes, murders, drownings, fires, you name it. Men, woman, boys, girls. Babies. You name it, I’ve covered most of it.

I even watched my own mother die an ugly death in her bed after fighting cancer for months.

Death it seems doesn’t bother me. Either I’m cold to it. Desensitized? Not sure. But I have detached myself from the death I have covered. Others have even observed that about me. No big deal I say. It’s not like I’m a first responder and see death like they do. PTSD anyone?

But for some reason this is feeling different and scary. I’m not sure why and maybe that is unnerving me even more.

Tomorrow. 2pm. On the dot.

—————————————————

I met Ed Ness yesterday at his home in Deep Bay. A lovely sprawling modern rancher in a gated community overlooking the Georgia Strait. His wife Gloria was there too. Ed is dying of terminal lung cancer and has chosen to die with dignity. Medical Assistance in Dying. Right to Die, Doctor assisted Death. Call it what you want, but Ed is dying and has the legal right in Canada to a medically assisted death and he has planned it all.

When I showed up at his door yesterday, just before 2pm, as irony would have it, I was fully aware that in two days Ed would be in the very last minutes of his 72 year life. A doctor would likely be hovering over him and he would be about to take his last breath.

So I was not expecting this. Ed himself at the door greeting me with a smile, a cough and a firm handshake. “C’mon in Dean, nice to meet you” he said. I thought to myself (and later asked him) “What the?” I thought this man would be in bed, tubes down his throat, his wife applying a wet cloth to his forehead, a glass of water nearby.

Remember, I’d seen my Mom die and I remember exactly how she looked and what was happening around her bed two days before she died. This was not the same.

Gloria was there too. Friendly and calm, but perhaps a little unnerved. Can you blame her?

I was about to learn a lot in the next hour.

We went outside to their back patio. Ed asked if I wanted an iced tea. I said sure and he said he’d have one too. Gloria returned with two glasses.

We sat down around the table and commenced the interview, news camera rolling.

I won’t get into all the questions and answers (you can watch the CHEK News stories for that) but what I feel is important to share is what it was like to sit there with Ed, a man dying of cancer, but who still seemed pretty healthy (he said he was losing a pound a day) talking about his own death he was planning and why and just how surreal it all seemed.

He never got upset or cried. I never saw a tear. Gloria wore dark sunglasses but also held it together pretty good. Ed was resolute. “I’m dying anyway, I just want to do it on my terms.”

After the interview he said “Come on inside Dean and I’ll show you where it’s going to happen.”

I followed him inside, camera rolling, a lump in my throat.

He sat down in his favourite dark leather recliner and literally told me he’d be dying right there, less than 48 hours later.

I think I was a little too stunned or in awe or something to really comprehend what I was hearing and seeing.

Before I left Ed showed me his Harley Davidson in the garage and talked about how he loved to ride it.

He seemed like he could just zip off on a long road trip like he said he’d done countless times before.

The last shot I got was him and Gloria hugging on the front porch and then I drove away thinking “less than two days now.”

I had a story to do and I had an invitation to consider.

———————————————————————-

It’s Monday now and we’re doing a follow up story to yesterday’s because there is so much unused footage and comments from Ed. This is so important to him and I feel that I left too much out of the first story.
There has also been a lot of interest from viewers after the first story.

I interviewed his doctor today. She’s wonderful and explained to me how Ed’s death will happen. She’s very professional. She’s already done 20 since it became legal last June.
She believes in it absolutely and says we “treat our own pets and animals” better by putting them out of their misery and that it’s “not noble to suffer” a quote that seems to stick with me.

The story airs and again a ton of viewer feedback. Mostly positive about Ed’s choice but also some criticism about our choice to even cover this in the first place and “just let the man die in peace without the media.” It makes me mad. Pisses me off. I was invited there in the first place and Ed WANTS to tell his story. Yet the usual trolls make comments perhaps without even watching the story.

Ed wants people to know this is not suicide. It is not doctor assisted suicide. We don’t show it or talk about it on camera but he has large tumours growing out the side of his chest. He is dying anyway and has about a month to live. He is going out this way because he doesn’t want a long drawn out painful death. Pretty simple. And, as a Canadian he has a choice. “Isn’t Canada a great country?” he said to me on Sunday.

The invitation I mentioned was to return tomorrow for “the procedure.” Wow. I’m not sure if a Canadian broadcast journalist has done this before. Should I go? I’ll be covering this man’s last breath. I’ll be watching him die, recording it on camera. I’ll be an outsider in his home full of family and friends. Will it look like I am exploiting his death?

My head is spinning, but Ed and I share some emails and this is the last one:

Great. We’ll see you tomorrow, then. We have about 20 guests arriving about noon. Dr Daws should arrive about 2:00. The procedure should take about 20 minutes. I would suggest if you arrive 15 – 20 minutes earlier, this would give you time to set up. You can park in my neighbours driveway just north of me. It’s just a couple of steps from my patio gate. You can bring you stuff into the patio, and just advise me when your ready to start the interview. Would that work for you, or would you like to arrive sooner? We’re flexible.
I’ll check out your Chek website.
Cheers,
Ed

This seems crazy. He’s inviting me back for a pre-death interview. He trusts me that much? I am so humbled but will I be able to deliver his message??

——————————

It’s now 8am on D-day. That’s what Ed is calling today. D-Day.

I had a restless night, wondering mainly if Ed was sleeping. Would he want to sleep on his last night alive? Wouldn’t he want to stay awake as much as he could? After all he’ll be sleeping a lot after today….

Just spoke with my assignment desk. How do we cover this? I do not want to look like a voyeur to a man’s death. We have agreed not to air anything today which is a relief. I’m not sure how I’ll feel afterwards but rushing something to air at 5 or 6 seems impossible. I want and need to do this story justice. We will air it tomorrow.

The station is offering to send someone with me. Another camera man. I say no. Need to go alone.

It’s now 10am. 4 hours to go. What in the world could Ed be thinking right now? I guess I’ll find out, he has agreed to be interviewed before he dies.

This is crazy is all I can think. Not what he’s doing but that I’m going to be there. How will I react? How should I shoot it? How should I tell it? My mind is beginning to spin again now.

Best we can tell, no other Canadian broadcast journalist has been witness to this before.

But this isn’t about me and I keep insisting on that. I am thankful and humbled that Ed and Gloria have put enough faith and trust in me to be there.

I’m going for a run to take my mind off of this.

I arrive at his home at 1pm. One hour to go. There are about 15 people there and even before I enter the house I can hear the noise and the laughter.

Very strange I think. But comforting at the same time. I didn’t want to walk in to see and interrupt everyone weeping and sobbing uncontrollably, although isn’t that what to expect?

I see Ed. He’s standing in the kitchen looking very alive and content. Friends and family are there and people take turns hugging him and chatting and taking pictures with him. He and Gloria basically announce to everyone that I am there and introduce me. There seems to be some uncertain stares and this is what I was afraid of. Ed and Gloria had invited me but how would their guests feel about me being there? Ultimately it didn’t matter because it was Ed’s decision but at the same time I wanted it to be OK with everyone that I was there. So I felt the need to say a few quick words to everyone, stating again that Ed had invited me and I was honoured to be there.

Everyone smiled, and went back their food or glasses of wine and conversation.  Phew.

A clock hung on the wall near the ceiling in the kitchen and I kept looking at it. It was about 1:25. Ed was ready to be interviewed one last time and to say he was eager to do it might be overstating it, but only a bit. He was so accommodating and willing. I thought the kitchen was the best place to conduct the interview so I set it up in the corner and pointed it at Ed with everyone else mingling in the background.

The first thing I asked him was how he was feeling? He said “revved up like the first time I went skydiving.” Fair enough I thought. I’d have to get revved up for this too.

But honestly, Ed was calm, so calm. I asked him if he slept and told him I was thinking about him in the middle of the night and he said “really?” seeming  surprised. No, he hadn’t slept much either.

Soon the interview was over and I spoke with some other family and friends who were there then just shot video of Ed and his guests. It was now 1:45pm. There was still a lot of noise and laughter and Ed said this is exactly how he wanted it. “I want a happy send off” he told me.

I kept talking to myself under my breath. “Is this for real?” “Am I really here?” “Am I doing this right?”

Gloria went and lit candles in the living room and closed the blinds.

The time was very near now.

A large flat screen tv hanging above the fireplace was playing some sort of nature picture slide show. Ed loved nature.

The mood was getting heavy now and not wanting to be in the way I positioned my camera and myself against the wall, behind another chair just a few feet from where Ed was now sitting in his recliner. There was still some laugher but now it seemed to be the nervous kind. There were tears too and the realization that this was going to come to an end real soon now.

Gloria was on a couch being consoled by someone and Ed pulled out two pages of paper and asked the guests to listen as he read his “Last Epitaph” which he’d written days earlier.

A few smiles, words of encouragement followed and Ed sipped on a glass of wine. There was a picture of him and Gloria on their wedding day 35 years earlier sitting on the table next to him.

At 2pm sharp the doctor and nurse arrived.

The doctor was kind and greeted Ed and Gloria warmly and really seemed to take a bit of the edge off what was happening. If there was a time for a good bedside manner this was it and she really made everyone feel comfortable.

I stood beside my camera and just shot what was happening. I knew I wouldn’t show everything on the news but I just shot what unfolded in front of me. Thankfully Gloria put a short stool beside Ed, blocking some of what was happening. But I had the nicest close shot of Ed and Gloria sharing a last tender moment. He said “Goodbye, I love you” and she said “I love you.” Her face was away from me so I couldn’t see the tears but I’m sure they were there.

Then the doctor asked if he was ready and Ed said “yes.” By now tears were flowing from every eye in the room, including my own. Like a river. There is no way anyone could be in that room and not be moved by what was happening. I didn’t even know the man but was beyond touched by how he had invited me there to witness and record his death to share with the world.

Someone handed me some tissues but they didn’t help much.

I was feeling the enormous weight of responsibility now. AND, I REALLY liked this guy. He is so nice and just two days ago we were sipping iced tea and he was telling me his most intimate thoughts about death and dying and sickness and health. Well, never mind two days ago, how about 30 minutes ago? 30 minutes ago we were doing an interview standing up in his kitchen and he is now literally what, 5 minutes from death?

More tears. Lots of them.

There were about 15 people in the room bearing witness to this. There were a lot of teary eyes but no loud crying or sobbing. This really was Ed’s moment. He was not afraid, did not look scared, never wavered in his decision to do what he was doing.

The doctor gave one injection that would make Ed fall asleep pretty quickly. But before he did, his last words were “This is perfect.” It just seemed to put everyone at ease and I will remember those words forever.

Gloria remained at his side, stroking his left hand and arm.

Other injections followed. Muscle relaxers and one that would stop his heart.

And it did.

At about 2:25pm the doctor said quietly, “Gloria, he has passed away.”

She dropped her head in sadness but soon stood up.

Everyone slowly got up and hugged and hugged Ed one more time.

I quietly shut down my camera, waited for a moment to say goodbye to Gloria and slipped out the front door.

A few people thanked me for being there on the way out and that was that.

I hit the highway for home but stopped at a beach not far away because I felt like I just couldn’t breathe. I needed air. Was it because I saw him die or because I still had the huge responsibility of telling his story. I’m sure it was both.

(I produced a 3:30 story that aired on Wednesday June 1st. I agonized over every detail but it seems to have been well-received and I am relieved by that.

I have received personal emails from people who just wanted to say good job, or even that they knew Ed years ago and appreciated the opportunity to see his last day.

The vast majority of viewers it seems say they agree with what he did and why.

His message again is that Canadians have a choice if they are terminal and want to avoid a drawn out and painful death. It’s not suicide in any way shape or form he told me numerous times.

He took control of the cancer before it was able to take full control of him.

Message received

Rest in Peace Ed Ness and thank you for letting me tell your story
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I am not at all comfortable with that whole story. I do believe in the process and the right of an individual to decide when he or she wishes to end their life. Would it not have been enough to record just a short video interview a couple of days before the event just to hear Ed's story from his own lips, and leave it at that.
As it is, it verges on voyeurism which I think is intrusive and inappropriate. Yes I know that Ed invited a media representative to be present but they didn't have to accept the invitation.
Just my opinion but I feel it took away some of the dignity of Ed's passing and made it a media event.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't totally disagree Grandad. This story seems to be going on and on and on with LOTS of personal details being told and shared.

What I do need to clarify though is that this is VERY LOCAL here to the Island (in other words I highly doubt anybody in Vancouver (the metro city) ever saw this or hear about it. The news I've cut and pasted is very specific to the small Island communities here on the mid-island. I swear I knew Ed myself and/or have seen him about. Hard not to see people when there are only a few grocery stores ;)

And - Nothing like this has EVER happened here and as this is also new legislation that is actually HAPPENING it is big news (but again I do agree LOTS of real personal stuff being brought out in all of this). I think Ed wanted his story out there as he seemed an ardent believer in having control to the end so he pulled out all stops in letting people know they can decide their own end.

Going to take a few like Ed to make this really public and get this "out there" so that people know it is OK to die when they wish.

I do feel really bad for his wife though. I wish he had delayed a bit longer as there did seem to still be quality of life for him/them but ??
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

As a PS about our elderly neighbour who passed away just over a week ago; the hospital lost some of her notes, as a result no doctor would certify cause of death. Her body was removed to the local coroners mortuary and a PM was done this last Friday. Her only relative is her widowed daughter in law who has to deal with all the arrangements. Her late husband, Dorothys son, died 15 years ago and the events have caused her considerable distress.
The lady was 93, had heart and mobility problems and a pacemaker. She was in hospital for 4 weeks following a fall caused by low blood pressure. Surely the hospital knew enough about her to issue a death certificate and save her DiL more distress. I know there are rules but sometimes a bit of compassion wouldn't go amiss...
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Sadly we are often hide bound by rules and regulations, all I can say is that a good Funeral Director can take a lot of the problems off her hands. :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Now I am getting a little anxious. Do things really go in three's ?

I just learned that a neighbour opposite disappeared on Monday evening. He was 75 years old and regularly went for a walk in the area. By late evening he had still not been found and the police were called. On Tuesday morning his body was located in a hospital 16 miles away. He had probably had a heart attack and as he had no identification, he was taken to a Thanet hospital which is normal procedure.

So, that is 2 in ten days within 40 metres of my front door. Little wonder I am anxious.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

You'll be fine Grandad ;) problem is that as we gain more in years we start to see many more friends, relatives and acquaintances fall by the wayside, either because of old age or due to illness and we become the front runners in a race towards our own mortality. :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - throw some salt over your shoulder, don't want under ladders and keep black cats away and you'll be fine ;) but I hear ya. There are so people I have known who have passed and definitely NOT at an old age.

Each day is definitely a gift.