Current TV dramas

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Current TV dramas

Post by Mad Dilys »

Thank you Kiya, I missed that. For some reason I don't routinely look to see what's on Channel 5, but they do have some very good programmes.

When I lived in Kent I must have driven past Knole hundreds of times and always thought as I passed the gates that I'd really like to look inside sometime - but never did. Fortunately I can get it on Catch Up. :up
Last edited by Mad Dilys on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smile! It confuses people
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Yes MD do watch its worth it :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I checked on Netflix here and I'm not getting any of the shows mentioned here :( (yet)

Did get Downton Abby. It was great and my type of show but the others - nope. I did get Marco Polo and loved it but read recently they're not going to make any more beyond the Second season.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thats a shame LLL, I had assumed they showed the same content everywhere, obviously not.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Not a drama as such but the opening shots of The Secret Life of Dogs yesterday was very dramatic. I missed the first in the series but the second was well worth watching. :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I've seen it advertised, so what was the gist of it? dogs with cameras on them or experts explaining their behaviour?
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Kiya wrote:A good documentary started last night on CH 5 9.00pm
The first one SECRETS OF THE NATIONAL TRUST with Alan Titchmarsh....1/6 at Knole House Kent.
Did you spot this one Grandad
I saw it but missed it Kiya, if you know what I mean. :lol:

But I will catch up and put it on series record. We have been to Knole. If my memory serves me you can get a lift from the car park up to the house in a vintage car.

:gg:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Nothing much on TV tonight so we watched a recent recording about a female cheetah and her five cubs. Absolutely delightful.......
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

LLL, Roy has set up Netflix there in St.Johns but, he says its not as good as what we get here on Netflix.

I also saw Marco Polo, yes it was good :up

Yes Grandad do watch Knole House its a gorgeous looking building, a house within a house within a house & artefacts found in walls & under floor boards.

How fancy getting a ride on a vintage car :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Horus wrote:I've seen it advertised, so what was the gist of it? dogs with cameras on them or experts explaining their behaviour?
Well, it started with a happy little Jack Russell in Malta who went cliff diving, there was another dog enjoying paragliding, and so on. The great mutual attachment between dogs and their owners was analysed, thus explaining why the use of Help dogs may have many more applications. Examples were shown which brought tears to my eyes. A very inspiring programme.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Just watched the last episode of 'Unforgotten'. A couple of unexpected twists in this episode that closed the series very neatly. I do hope there are more on the way because the writing is excellent, and the lead actors, Nicola Walker and Sajeev Bhaskar, make a great and convincing team. :up :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Kiya wrote:Did you spot this one Grandad
I just watched this on Channel 5 player Kiya and have put the rest on series record.
Quite incredible what they are doing at Knole and also the 'finds' as they strip back walls and floors. I loved the secret passage they found inside a wall cavity created during earlier modifications to the house, and the candle holder on the wall in the passage with a 17th century candle still in it.

The Sackville Wests owned the house for over 400 years and Vita, the author, gardener, and socialite was born there in 1892. After her marriage to Sir Harold Nicholson in 1913 they lived at Sissinghurst Castle not too far from Knole and owned by the Sackville Wests.

Sissinghurst is fewer than 30 miles from me and a favourite NT property. Little of the original buildings remain today but there are some cottages, lovely gardens, a working farm, and a tower. Here are a few pics

View from the tower
The tower
Vitas room in the tower
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Lovely place Grandad :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Memories............ I have lived in Snodland for war memories - Cranbrook hop picking about 100yds from Sissinghurst Castle - Tunbridge Wells/Tonbridge, I actually worked and lived in a pre-tudor mansion North Frith and was close to Knole, Hever etc. How lucky I've been. ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Mad Dilys wrote:Memories............ I have lived in Snodland for war memories - Cranbrook hop picking about 100yds from Sissinghurst Castle - Tunbridge Wells/Tonbridge, I actually worked and lived in a pre-tudor mansion North Frith and was close to Knole, Hever etc. How lucky I've been. ;)
And it looks as if you moved quite a lot in your lifetime MD ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Great looking place & glad you enjoyed the program with all its hidden secrets :) etc

I'm looking forward to the next one :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Grandad wrote:
Mad Dilys wrote:Memories............ I have lived in Snodland for war memories - Cranbrook hop picking about 100yds from Sissinghurst Castle - Tunbridge Wells/Tonbridge, I actually worked and lived in a pre-tudor mansion North Frith and was close to Knole, Hever etc. How lucky I've been. ;)
And it looks as if you moved quite a lot in your lifetime MD ;)
To my surprise , you are right. It hadn't occurred to me. Including live-in jobs and boarding school, I've lived in about a dozen different places. Most in Kent. :up Longest in one place was about 15 years. 8)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Anyone watch the first of a new series last evening of, 'The Real Marigold Hotel'?
A disparate group of 8 personalities, all around 70 and over, are taken to Kochi in Kerala, southern India, with a view to considering the area as a possible retirement destination.

These programs are set up and not all they seem but they do give a flavour of Indian life, the colour, sounds, and culture. An enjoyable travelogue with humour thrown in.

Like the lengths Paul Nicholas had to go to to buy more underpants, his wife didn't pack enough and the risk of Delhi Belly meant more were needed :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I have recorded the first episode Grandad and will probably watch it later today :up I enjoyed the last one with Miriam Margoles, Bobby George, Wayne Sleep and Jan Leeming, although she came over as a difficult person to spend time with and Margoles came over as a bit selfish. The biggest surprises were Bobby George who seems a really nice bloke and Wayne Sleep was keen to get involved. :)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I watched the penultimate episode of Taboo last evening. I say 'I watched' because Mrs G does not like it so she read the Dail Mail on her ipad. :lol:
Very dark and violent story but I have managed to follow it, just, and look forward to the final outcome next Saturday.

A new 5 parter starts this evening, 9pm BBC 1, SS-GB. A story of Britain after WWII if the result had been different and Germany had won the war. Looks good!