Trump or Trumpton?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Trump or Trumpton?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The 20th can't/won't come fast enough ...

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I think we are all waiting with some trepidation. :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I am so very very very tired of ALL professional Politicians who, at 'our' expense have created their own elite class of people whereby their interests are protected at the expense of the everyday man.

I'm so very very very tired of having to kowtow to absolutely every person who could or might be offended by any word I utter to the point where I am unable to voice an opinion on anything. Any tidbit I say is totally extrapolated out of context and blow up out of all proportion to "PROVE" I'm a racist or islamophobe or whatever - in other words free speech is totally being stifled to the point where we can't have a decent conversation about anything.

I am THRILLED beyond words to see a plain blunt talking alpha type come in and shake the establishment. I honestly believe the world needs it.

I'm sorry if Trump getting elected 'offends you so much you can't write your exams and you need a day for tear time' and a group hug. GROW UP!!!

I've read and listened to "COMPLETE" speeches delivered in 'real time' and then have personally seen these same speeches parced out of context and slanted so that only 1 side has been presented in a totally distorted fashion.

IMO IF one believes the Media is now reporting unbiased and unslanted positions - well then you're real naïve.

On a personal level - "Obamacare" ........ it is compulsory for everybody to pay into it otherwise there are huge penalties. It is 15,000 pages long so who really has read it all? The politicians touting it (Nancy Pelosi) advised it needed to be passed THEN we'd all understand it ........ really? But believe it or not 'who' could speak out against anything Obama brought in.

I know a man, early 70ies. His "Obamacare" premium last year was $150USD/month. This year it jumped to $450. He is on a pension. Where does this extra money come from? All families in the USA are facing similar costs to the point they simply cannot afford it. Believe it or not - Obamacare does NOT cover cancer treatments for anybody over 74. Again REALLY? Well 'yup' just when you need it the most AND have been required to pay into it with no exception it doesn't cover you. You're on your own for cancer treatments once you reach 74. Deductibles for the average family are $10,000. WHO can afford the first $10,000 before any deductibles kick in?

Are any politicians required to pay into or carry Obamacare? NOPE - they've exempted themselves and all have their own Medical plan.

I can go on and on and on as to what I've personally witnessed and have knowledge of from both within and outside Gov't there.

It is high time the USA needs a shake up and a Billionaire who has a WILL to succeed is the best thing that could happen.

Do we really need a politically correct Statesman? NOPE because under the present definitions of "PC" culture you can't say anything and apparently if you do it causes thousands of others to suddenly have the vapours! I think it is high time we all 'get real' and 'grow up' and look at what exactly IS happening in the world and respond appropriately. We don't need to be lead by the Hollywood elites a group of pompous arses who are full of themselves (and I do hope NONE of THEM have moved to Canada as they all threatened to do).

The world isn't perfect. Far from it but we've gotten to a really bad place and I think a good shake is in order.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

So you are a Trump supporter then? ;) :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I am NOT and never will be part of a moronic lying Liberal cabal who attempt to grab power & maintain control by way of claiming allegiance to a PC culture that loves shouting down, labelling, name calling, ranting and raving regardless of who they hurt so long as their own agenda (whatever it might be) is advanced. These are the 'gimme gimme gimme' because "I" am entitled crowd who have never worked a day in their lives, contribute nothing yet are demanding it all.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I believe that freedom of speech, person and democracy are unworkable, unfortunately.

As I have often said (and probably will go on repeating it at my age :oops: ) the people who should be in power don't want the job, mostly because they have to work with the cretins who are already feathering their own nests at the expense of the nation.

I apologise to any Cretins who may be reading this and are offended by my associating them with politicians. ;)
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I tend to agree with a lot of what LLL says regarding the liberal lefties always demanding more, I also get annoyed with all this PC stuff that stifles free speech. We can no longer speak out against things like immigration without being branded a racist, we have to grant religious freedoms in our own country regardless of how it grates on the majority and often to minorities who show absolute intolerance to Christianity. Politics in general are in a mess with most people feeling ignored by those that choose to get themselves elected, we have political parties that speak for very few other than their own acolytes and party members. Take the current situation, we have a labour party that will be wiped out at the next general election purely because its London centric core supporters can see no further than their face and ignore the will of the majority of UK Labour supporters by voting in the worst leader they have ever had. We must be the only capital city in the world where the ethnic mix is so unrepresentative of the UK as a whole that it is no surprise that we get the all these misleading results such as the Brexit vote where the one core area to go against leaving the EU was London, surprise surprise. World politicians like Merkel who just ignore the rest of Europe and invite a million economic migrants into our mist without any mandate to do so. We have an unelected body called the EU that threatens us with all sorts of sanctions and loss of trade if we have the temerity to leave their corrupt organisation and all these dire warnings are being supported by our own leaders who should have been standing up to these bureaucrats. So as I have said before, we may not like Trump and he will probably mess up if his TV appearances are anything to go by, but he is the person that the people elected and he must have struck a common chord to have done so. On that basis alone we should give him a chance and see how he gets on, at least he seems to be passionate about his ideas and maybe a few radical ones will gets some changes made for the better, who knows. Like the UK Brexit vote the majority have spoken, it may not be a smooth ride, but if nothing else it will give the mainstream parties a jolt that they need to listen to the people who vote them in.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I listened to PMQ's at mid day Wednesday. Although I thought Teresa Mays performance was confident, when I thought about what she 'actually' said in response to questions, I had to conclude that it was little or nothing.
"My honorable friend will do this or that" or "The minister for whatever department will look into that". But does anyone follow up that those commitments given by the PM are actioned? Or are they hollow gestures? I just don't know.
You are not alone in your opinions of your politicians LLL. Ours are mostly similar and not wishing to jeopardise their jobs by speaking out.
I am coming round to the view that Trump may well turn out to be a great president if he is seen to put his actions where his mouth is. I don't recall if he has plans to repeal Obamacare. On the face of it Obamacare sounds something like our NHS but from what you say it is far from it and your post explains some of the discontent about it.

Just a week to go and we will start to see what Trump is made of. At least half of all Americans can't be wrong....
:gg:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I watched Donald J Trumps inaugural speech yesterday with much interest. I thought it was a good speech in the manner of his speeches on the campaign trail. So that is the man and that is the way he says it.....he will take no prisoners.

His criticism of The Establishment must have caused some uncomfortable feelings in the seats of the pants of any politicians who felt that his comments were directed at them. In essence he said there will be no more gravy train.

He was very quick to start the process of repealing Obamacare and that will have gone down well with many Americans who are suffering financially under that scheme. He touched on many areas where he wants improvements made or brought back into America. Things like huge expenditure on infrastructure, re-establishing Americas manufacturing, strengthening the military, more immigration control, to come down hard on drugs gangs, and to wipe out Islamic extremism.

All these things cost money and we will await his plans as to how he will finance these and other objectives. But I do think the man comes over as being strong enough to stand by his word and I kind of hope he will.

As an aside I think he is very fortunate to have his beautiful wife Melania at his side. I think she is so fashionable and one who can be a leader of fashion in the US. Sadly, although a lovely lady, Michele Obama never had good fashion advice.....
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

You can buy beauty at a price, you can't buy powerful intellect at any price. 8)

As an after thought - you obviously can't buy class either! :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I'm a feminist MD and for most of my working life I worked with women from factory shop floor workers to senior managers and directors and always had good relationships with my female colleagues.

I like to see smart women and if they have some intellectual grey cells between their ears, so much the better.

I don't know where Melania Trump ranks on the intellectual scale, below Michele Obama I have no doubt, but I thought she looked stunning in her Ralph Lauren outfits. Anything wrong with that?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Nothing wrong Grandad, but I find Mrs Trump's style less appropriate to the occasion. I think she is honest in her style of dress in that it reflects on her previous life and her husband.

He is never smart and has no class.

Flashing the flesh is rarely an important requirement of the spouse of a politician, sometimes smart can be considered dull I: agree when compared to fashionable outfits. It's just me, I think . ;)

P.S. I have to agree that when she covers up she looks wonderful.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

You evidently keep up with ladies fashions and designer clothes, Grandad! :lol: How did you know it was a Ralph Lauren outfit? I have noticed that Mrs G is always smartly dressed when she appears in your photos. Do you go shopping with her and help her choose clothing?
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Ruby Slippers wrote:You evidently keep up with ladies fashions and designer clothes, Grandad! :lol: How did you know it was a Ralph Lauren outfit? I have noticed that Mrs G is always smartly dressed when she appears in your photos. Do you go shopping with her and help her choose clothing?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RS, I like women to look good and if I hear mention of who designed their outfit it tends to stick. And if they have brains as well so much the better. Somebody like Christine Lagarde comes to mind.
Thank you for the comment re my wife. She follows her mothers example of always looking smartly turned out. Nothing 'Designer' but for her age, I am proud that she maintains her standard of appearance. And I must add, I am never around when she is buying clothes, we never go shopping together come to that.
My idea of shopping is, you know what you want, buy it, go home....
Hers is, peruse every clothes rack, go to another store, go back to the first and eventually buy the first thing that you looked at or tried...
I cut out all the middle indecision :lol:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Thank God I don't have the clothes decisions to make either, Grandad! Not that it would do me any good if someone offered me a Ralph Lauren or Christian Dior for free! Mind you, I only wear made to measure designer clothes anyway! :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I'm just back from shopping, went around a couple of shops twice thinking I would treat myself.......... :roll: came back home with nothing, just nothing takes my fancy :(
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Just revisited this thread after 16 months to remind myself of opinions at that time. I think we mostly agreed that Trump would be outspoken, would take no prisoners, and was not afraid or affected by what others thought of him.

That would seem to be largely the case but I do have some concern about his withdrawal of the US from the Iran Nuclear Deal. This could increase anti American opinion in the region and create instability.

But I give him credit for standing by his word. And this at a time when some progress is being made with relations between the US and North Korea.

He seems to face situations without fear (apparently) safe in the knowledge that the US is still the most powerful nation on earth. So without saying the words, he means ;Don't mess with me!'
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Personally "Peace Through Strength" is good and IMO the ONLY way to go.

I'm cool with Trump. He might be a bull in a china shop but he is pushing straight through the crowd and I haven't seen much negative fallout. Unemployment in the USA is the best it has been in decades, people (on average) are bringing home $1000 more, he is facing down North Korea's Un and far as I can see it is all working and he is "DEALING WITH THINGS" that other World Leaders have done diddly squat about for years.

IMO Trump himself is Trump (and ;) ;) ;) given my OWN personality - he and I would either be best Buds or hate each other - putting it another way "I can relate." ;) ;) ) BUT I really don't care about his personality he is meeting each issue head on and like him or not he is LEADING which is something to me that so many elected in the world today are failing to do.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

He is an experienced board room negotiator and he plays to his strengths, he knows that by making this gesture at this particular time about Iran it will not go unnoticed by North Korea. He lets everyone know that he is no pushover and a hard negotiator, he gives an air of “great if we can do a deal, but no skin off my nose if we don’t” that attitude will hold him in good stead, I just wish our lot would take a similar line over the Brexit negotiations instead of looking so desperate and weak all the time. He knows that those in power in Iran have staked everything on the non nuclear deal they conned out of Obama which left a lot of openings for Iran to quickly pick up where they left off in producing weapons grade material. There is no proper monitoring or inspection and they seem to have gotten the best deal out of Obama without really giving much up in return, they are still a regional threat and exporter of terrorism. Those in power in Iran now have more to lose if Trump reneges on the deal as the opposition parties will soon rise up to depose what they see as a failed leadership so they have a vested interest in making a better negotiation to keep the current deal in place and I suspect that is the game that Trump is playing.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I find it more than annoying that so many politicians who have really done NOTHING, advocated for NOTHING, voted in the most conservative way so as to never "hurt anybodies feelings" (since FEELINGS seem to be flashed out everywhere now) and who quietly amassed their own personal fortunes on the taxpayers dime now feel the need to criticize Trump.

They all had the chance to stand up and take on issues but they don't and now that there is somebody who IS actually DOING what he thinks best they're full of nothing but criticisms.

Good bad or in-between I wish Politicians had to state and lay it on the line what their platforms are and IF they are NOT delivering then they're out NEVER to RETURN!