VOTE RESULTS?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

VOTE RESULTS?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am asking as the results may not be posted here. Eventually they'll be posted but not as quickly as you'll know them.

Are you exiting? or ??

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: VOTE RESULTS?

Post by Grandad »

Polling stations closed at 10pm LLL. All the ballot boxes are now on their way to the counting stations. Final result not expected until breakfast time tomorrow but the first results are expected before mid night (all our time) so, if I am still awake I may be able to tell you the first result before I nod off. :lol:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Most polls are predicting it will be a narrow 'remain' vote :( I posted this over on the Blue side.

Well unfortunately (from my perspective at least) it looks as if the 'remain' vote will get a narrow victory in the referendum if the Mori Polls are to be believed. Unfortunately it does look as if it will be very close which is probably the worst scenario as I would have liked to have seen a decisive 'in' or 'out' Whichever way it goes I don't suppose it will make much difference to myself for whatever years I have remaining and it is the next generation that will inherit the benefit (or not) of being in the EU, so I will accept the result with good grace and hope that their future bodes well and they do not regret losing the only opportunity they ever had on leaving this Federal European dream should it start to fall apart in the future. And of course I will have the added benefit of schadenfreude when I can sit back and declare when in the future the slightest thing goes wrong "I told you so" :lol: :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, the first result was Gibraltar with 96% to remain in the EU. This was expected giving their position between France and Spain.

I note that Horus is already learning German in anticipation of a Federal Europe ;) :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

There was just a clip now (5:30pm our time - soooo +8 hours = 1:30am your time) on our TV News and they are saying the EXIT group (they did not identify this group) are edging out the REMAIN group. Course they also said ballots are being counted but the indication here is that the vote will be EXIT but it will be close.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I also posted this on L4U
Well in an amazing change of fortunes it now looks as if the vote may be to leave, as I type this at around 5 a.m. the maths now add up to a leave vote. Scotland as usual clearly voted to remain by about 3-1 with Wales voting to leave on a large turnout, but England has voted decisively to leave and it looks like overall it will carry the vote at around 52% 'out' and 48% for 'remain' so the areas that go against the majority of opinion in the UK as a whole are mainly Scotland, Northern Ireland and the London boroughs none of which is surprising and all on the highest turnout for a British election ever.
I don't think it can be underestimated the strength of feeling with most people in the UK regarding the EU in general and as usual it has been pretty much ignored by very London centric governments of all persuasions.

As expected the Pound Sterling has fallen through the floor, Southern Ireland will no doubt push for a new election headed by Sinn Fein and Nichola Sturgeon will have her excuse to go for Independence once again. We live in interesting times and I am sure there is more to come, but by any measure the people of Britain will have spoken and I doubt if many English people will be too concerned even if it changes the relationship of the United Kingdom as a whole. Now wait for the EU to come back with a lot better deal than Cameron was ever offered in an attempt to keep us in.
"Versprunge Dork" Grandad ;)

IT IS NOW OFFICIAL
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Congrats! :) :) :)

Definitely seems the people have spoken. News line here is saying that there was a 70% Voter turnout.

It would also be really interesting to know the demographics - what was the age of those who voted to leave vs the age of those who voted to stay.

Will know how the Stock markets react to this in the morning.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It will not be long before the likes of Holland, Denmark, Sweden and maybe Italy also decide to jump ship. I really hope we now see the demise of this overrated political experiment that was doomed to failure because of its utter lack of accountability and its constant drive to become a state of Europe, it was never going to work. I truly hope that we will just return to being a group of 'independent' countries that live and trade together as friends and neighbours without the need for a grey all embracing super-state. If nothing else those grey suits in Westminster must now realise that they all live in a bubble and have no real concept of the feelings of the British people.

So what price odds on Donald Trump being elected now? the ordinary person is sick of being ignored by their governments who always know better.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

:wave: :d1: :ring: :d1: :wave: :thanks: What a delightful result, congratulations to all the real britons !
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Cameron Resigns
He will stay on until the party conference in October
The good part is that he will not invoke article 50 immediately and will leave that task and the negotiations to the new Prime Minister, good news all round.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

As I expected, the highest voting for Brexit was in the old industrial areas, where steel works, ship building etc brought wealth and reliable employment to huge numbers of workers. All now gone.

Time to start training our NHS employees in house rather than relying on overseas candidates. Let's make it worthwhile for apprentices to train and not just take on an excellent but Polish worker.

Everyone seems to look at the fruit of the tree and forget the planting of the seed, nourishing and caring for it before the fruit can be picked.
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Governments of all colours must wake up and smell the coffee, the general public is fed up with being ignored, especially north of Watford.
Basically all those people reckon that regardless they cannot be any worse off, the only ones to suffer will be the bankers and the well off.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

You only have to listen to some of the 'remain' politicians talking on TV to realise how out of touch they are. All I am hearing is look at what is happening to the UK economy with the pound and the FTSE falling "we warned everyone that this would happen and they didn't listen" But what they can't understand is that people were aware that this would happen especially in the short term, but were prepared to risk it to regain our sovereignty again.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

UK INDEPENDENCE DAY :d1:

Of course the pound and the FTSE would fall, you don't need an economics degree to understand that. Temporary uncertainty in the market, but now we can freely talk to the whole world without the restraints of bureaucratic EU regulations.

Our exit will give confidence for countries such as those you have mentioned Horus, to go down the same path. Although I am a Brexit supporter, in my heart of hearts I did expect REMAIN to win. I think you owe me a fiver H ;)

My biggest surprise was the very strong LEAVE vote from the so called 'affluent' south of England. Mostly Conservative, and conservative, that went against expectations in my book. 52/48 is not a massive majority but this is true democracy in action. David Cameron relly had no choice than to give notice of his resignation but who will follow him?

Interesting times ahead....
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I think that Corben tried to ride two horses, and inevitably fell between them.

Labour voters of course would accuse any Tory of deviousness, but like Michael Foot, Neil Kinnock and a few more have found, it's easier to rabble rouse in opposition but when there is a seismic shakeup and actual leadership rather than status looms they tend to loose the plot and expose the fact they are all as bad as one another.
Smile! It confuses people
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Great result :!: just what I wanted although I'm quite surprised Scotland's votes 3-1 :o

Now Nicola lets see what you get up to :urm:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

in my heart of hearts I did expect REMAIN to win. I think you owe me a fiver H
I am happy to pay it to you Grandad, but I think you will agree that my earlier assement of how the vote would pan out by regions was actually spot on, ;) I only underestimated the electorates ability not be be too frightened by all the doom and gloom and err with the staus quo. We will hav esome serious challenges ahead, but they should not be things we cannot sort out.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Grandad wrote:LLL, the first result was Gibraltar with 96% to remain in the EU. This was expected giving their position between France and Spain.
Just realised my geographical error or 'senior moment' :( :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

CONGRATS again! That the UK has voted OUT is all that is on TV other than falling stock prices.

The DOWJONES Industrial is down something like 575 points give or take whatever minute it happens to be right now. Your vote has definitely COST me! (But I'm happy you voted out)

All our TV is talking about is how all the other countries will now stand in line and take their own vote.

Won't it be nice now to have UK people working IN the UK! ;) ;) ;) And the ability to control your own borders. :a65:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I wouldn't worry too much about the DOW even the London FTSE lost a lot of ground but it is creeping back up again now. :up