Over on The Blue Side

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Over on The Blue Side

Post by Grandad »

I occasionally look in on The Blue but rarely post any comment. It doesn't seem to matter what you say, someone will come back with some negative or critical comment.

There is a member there who gets a lot of criticism but she gives as much as she gets. In recent days, and in response to requests from a few members, this lady posted a brief account about her very recent holiday in Spain. Sadly it included no photos but the text gave an interesting account of a chill out week with Thomsons on an All Inclusive package. The report was enthusiastic on many fronts and obviously this was an enjoyable weeks holiday.

But there are still those who will find some digression or criticism to take the shine off the holiday report. So nothing has changed on The Blue, same as it was 10 years ago when I became a member. Mostly different people posting than at that time but the tone is much the same.

Others have called this forum The Friendly Forum, I hope more will join us or return if they have left for a while because, at least we do not name call or add vitriol to our posts.

:gg:
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Over on The Blue Side

Post by Jayway »

Yes Grandad. I read the blue side but hardly ever post except when I see blatant lies or crass stupidity. My vitriol is reserved for my causes on FB ! :D :D :D and the mis-information of tourguides ! - :xx People deserve to know the truth.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've often thought of going to Spain and would love to see photos from the trip but am not sure they'll get posted. Am still hoping they will.

I read what is on the blue and sometimes post but most often just can't be bothered as all it does is bring out criticisms. Dunno why everybody isn't more accommodating. If you jump on every word somebody says the end result is they quit posting and IMO this is what happens on the Blue so you're down to a few who wait their prey and pounce.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

My only observation on that is the person in question certainly has a split type of personality and a lot of pent up anger, but it was not helped by the initial abuse and insulting glib comments they received when they first started to post, instead it set the pattern for everything else that followed.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Jayway wrote: People deserve to know the truth.
Maybe so Jay but IMO 'the truth' is too often forced upon people, and also, too often, that truth is an isolated incident that is not representative of the whole.

@Horus. Yes and some people will not let things die but they must have the last word. I can't really be bothered with the Blue, my life might be quite ordinary but I don't need to join in slanging matches. I believe in the past you have expressed a view that, particularly expats living in Egypt, have little else to do and I would agree with that sentiment.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Anti bullfighting is one of my groups Grandad, together with stopcrush and endbestiality. So I like to get my twopennyworth in . . :a67: :a83: :a21:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Well Jay I have to confess that I had never heard of 'crush' and had to Google it. Appalling and deplorable as it is, is it a widespread problem? I didn't need to Google bestiality but do you really think you can stop these perverted and sickening acts?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It is good to go to the blue and read there cause after reading it does rather feel good to come back here :)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Yes Grandad, with enough people signing petitions that go to the government of the countries concerned it CAN be stopped. One bestiality holiday farm in Holland has been shut down, on their brochure you could choose which animal you preferred. As for the CRUSH business, it is mostly run by asians and some do get named and prosecuted thanks to activists. It is a big business. You see, you had never heard of "crush" and now you know and would probably sign a petition against it. (hopefully !) Or maybe you would be interested in being a member of Care2.com - one of the million members who get these petitions out and right a few wrongs of this world. :D Oh and Care2 has ecards, think of the cash you would save sending these to your younger relatives !!!
Last edited by Jayway on Mon May 30, 2016 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, I wish a few more would come back. Perhaps there is not enough (none actually) vitriol and personal insults on here. ;)
Last edited by Grandad on Mon May 30, 2016 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

I forgot the bit about e-cards - - haa haaaa - - -
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Jay, I must have led a very protected life. ;) No, I had never heard of 'crush' and the fact that people get pleasure, even erotic pleasure, from such depraved acts appalls me.

Of course I have heard of 'bestiality' but imagined it was something in the past, certainly not something used for organised gatherings and 'performances' for the erotic stimulus of the audience.

I certainly would add my name to petitions on these subjects but would not wish to join any active groups. I still feel that trying to stop these kind of activities is a bit of a lost cause. Look at pedophilia for instance. A pedophile must have a hell of a time in prison but it still goes on and the prospect of being attacked when behind bars is sadly no deterrent.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I will sign some petitions if they're specific to me but I can't do too many or get into too much blood guts and gore otherwise I'm up for a full night of PTSD sooooo mostly I try and take the low road of quiet, calm and thinking about where I'm going to plant my gardens ;)

On another note - I find it interesting that on the Blue there is very little effort by anybody put into encouraging others to speak and/or have an opinion. Seems the modus operandi is to immediately slam down and shut out the opinion of everybody else and if you happen to have a favourite whipping Poster (so to speak) you're just waiting to pounce.

You can try and encourage discussion but sooner or later it'll immediately turn to glib remarks where everybody tries to get a quick one-liner joke in which usually stops all further serious discussion.

Now the forum has narrowed down to really only a few Posters who push the same viewpoints all the time.