More Pictures

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

More Pictures

Post by Horus »

A bit slow today so thought I would post a few more pictures of my walk around the Cheshire countryside and woods.

A couple of panos of the Bluebell woods

A few random shots around the woods

Of course Annie has to jump into the water and be first over the bridge
Note the wild Garlic around the tree base

This is the small lane with a tunnel created by flowering Blackthorn
It continues on after crossing the small bridge

Spring is the time to plough the fields

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: More Pictures

Post by Grandad »

It is always difficult H to do justice to views of bluebells but I think you have solved that problem with your pano's. :up The first one in particular with the tree trunks that add depth to the scene. Really like that one. :up

I am a pano fan and find that they add impact. I don't know about wild garlic. Traditional garlic is a cooking staple in our house, does wild garlic have a bulb and does it taste like cooking garlic?

Nice set of pictures with a softness that I have commented on before. I am pondering on what camera('s) to take when we go off for a week. As we have been there before I will probably just travel light and take the X10. Limited zoom but small and light and a reliable snapper. And I have 4 batteries so no need to take a charger.....
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thanks Grandad and yes I really do agree about Bluebell images, I find them the most difficult of scenes to get right. You never seem to get into the camera exactly what you saw when you took it, where you were looking at masses and waves and waves of flowers it always look more denuded when you view your images back home. It is the same with colour, blue always seems a difficult colour to catch just right and of course with Bluebells the colour changes as the sunlight alters, so they become very deep blue in shade or very pale in bright sunlight, but catching it right is a nightmare and I have failed for years.

As to the wild garlic, I can only say that it smells just as pungent and down by the stream where you see Annie paddling the ground is covered in it. Even treading on the leaves releases a strong odour and when she scampers about in it the air is reeking and so is she. It is edible, but I have never really tried it myself, they do have bulbs, but they are small a bit like a Bluebell bulb, it is mostly collected for its leaves which can be either cooked or eaten raw in salads or soups, very soon they will be in flower which are small and white.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Love the photos Horus, except the last bluebell hill, scary - - when I was a child someone pushed me down a big bluebell hill in the woods and I have been wary of heights since then. The ploughing in your fields looks so good, you would not like to see some of the ploughed fields round here, some of these "farmers" have never had a lesson - - unwalkable fields ! Not that I am complaining, ( not much ! ) living is a daisy jungle - - hoping they die down soon - - -
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The bluebells are lovely and must be absolutely phenomenal to see.

I never knew there was a wild garlic. Nothing like that about here at all but if it walks like a duck and smells like a duck it must be Annie reeking of wild garlic! ;) ;) ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Jay it is hard to show how steep the sides of this wood actually are, it is like walking in a horseshoe shape with the banks falling away steeply on the right as you walk through. There is a stream at the bottom that flows around the base of the hillside and that is where Annie has a paddle, we get down there at one end by going down a steep slope that can be a bit dodgy at times, especially in bad weather.

@ LLL, Annie the garlic smelling dog works in cooperation with the cat as part of a vampire hunting team and yes I am serious when I say, the cats name really is 'Buffy'

This is Buffy the cat plotting with her ex partner in crime Max, before young Annie came along. :lol:

And did you know that Bluebells are the same family as Hyacinths?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think I knew that. I have a white wild hyacinth looking flower growing out back. I dug it up (but it wilted terribly) before the landscape guys threw gravel on it and moved it out front. It was a bunch of small hyacinth looking bulbs with a single white stalk on it BUT it COULD be a hyacinth that got thrown over the fence a few years ago and just naturalized. No fragrance so am not too sure what it is although right now it is a flat white wilted plant ;)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

:))) :))) :))) Flat , white , and wilted . . . . just struck me as an english husband Sunday morning - - - - - :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry - -
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

H..... Lovely pics, I do love to see the bluebells :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Jayway - it IS flat white and wilted over ;) And, am sure, could apply to many here too! :a21: :a21:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Hey! less of the wilted you two :lol: