What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Horus »

Its been a quite blustery day, but surprisingly warm :) I reckon we are getting the tail end of the storm that hit the East coast of the US :o

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Horus wrote:Its been a quite blustery day, but surprisingly warm :) I reckon we are getting the tail end of the storm that hit the East coast of the US :o
Same again here today H plus drizzly rain. Not a day to venture out. Of late I have been having difficulty remembering how to do some things in the photo editor. No, not dementia before you ask :lol: , just lack of use. So I got out all those tutorials that you did for us, 3 or 4 years ago, for a refresher. Must be over 100 A4 pages, you should make them into a 'For Dimbo's' book mate. ;) :up
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today, other than going to a sushi lunch, I'm hopefully giving away rocks. River rocks to be specific. People who owned this house before me IMO did nothing else other than go to the beach and bring back rocks to decorate the gardens. Got rid of all the rock out front and built a stone wall behind which I filled with earth and can put mulch on top (they made a burm and mulched with rocks making this particular house one of the most heavy water consumers in this area :o but not now I'm here)

Now I have to deal with just one quadrant of the back yard and a few other spots. As the rocks are round they do tend to roll and move making it pretty treacherous when you're walking the paths.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: Glad they were of some help Grandad :up

LLL. I will be glad when I can get outside, it seems months ago now with all this crap weather :st

I have done very little today, a bit of housework and just lounging about, I feel like a lazy day ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Lazy days have kinda been the order of the past couple of weeks. The weather is blah (definitely not calling my name to go outside) and I'm almost doing "make work" stuff just to force me out of the house.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

What did we do today? Well the events of this morning meant we were not up for doing much this PM.

Bad planning, but we both had an appointment at the hospital for AMD treatment. I could not drive so a taxi at 09.30. We both had eye injections and both returned home just before 1 pm with very dilated pupils and our bad eyes full of antiseptic gunge. They recovered fully just in time for 'The Real Marigold Hotel' :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I thinking more in this Thread that I know what I've DONE rather than what I'm going to do! ;)

Today I had tenants move out of one of the suites, a Renovator come and give me a price for wood floors in my bedroom and the 2 spare bedrooms - OMG - they first owners of this house just HAD to LAY DOWN "Brazilian Cherry" on the floors which is now a discontinued hardwood here which means I can't find it locally to match the floors. The Renovator man did finally find a specialty store it is carried in on the lower mainland but at $13 PER SQUARE FOOT plus Tax at 12% I am totally re-thinking the flooring. There is carpet in there now (which I don't like) but OMG BRAZILIAN CHERRY! Why not hickory or oak or maple even!!

Tomorrow I'm off to see a Naturopath. Never saw one before last week but want to move away from traditional medicine now that I'm coming into my dotage ;) and if I need suppliments I'll take specifically what I need instead of guess as I do now. In the afternoon I'm meeting up with a groups of business women who take on charitable projects here. I've never been much of a joiner that way as my job was always too demanding and I never had the time to consistently attend something but now I'm freer so I think I'll join for a year anyway.

Tomorrow morning I also have painters coming to re-paint the suite and I need to figure out if I want a wall taken down or now and make the suite into a BIG one bedroom vs a 2 bedroom. Don't want any more kids down there and I'm finding that even if I get a Grannie type there they come with grandkids......gotta think on this.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

You old property magnate LLL ;) Watch out Donald Trump :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Nice to know that at least one of us is rich :lol: :lol:
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

No stress here, wander round the farm. pick up firewood, squeeze my half litre orange juice, make some more almond milk with dates ( so good ) play with the dogs, play with the cats. Think about hoovering the cobwebs then realise this must wait for Springclean day (yep, one day is enough) When I read your posts, I am so pleased I chose this place and my way to live. Good news= the hens have laid 2 eggs - - HOORAY. Have missed eggs a lot as I wouldnt eat shop eggs.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I wish - Bill Gates I'm not AND there isn't going to be any more 'Brazilian Cherry' floors laid down either. NOT at $13 per sq foot and not when all other hardwood floors are coming in at less than half that. Was actually quite shocked at that price - GEEZ!
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Today I visited another kennels, ( a rescue greyhound and lurcher) and when I came off the motorway, I think I was in the general area that H lives in. Jcn 17 and left H?
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Well at least you would be in Cheshire :lol:
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

i went through sandbach and congleton and just over the border into stoke! They had snow when you had snow so i guessed you must be that end of cheshire, not my 'right on the border of merseyside' end of cheshire :lol:
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

You weren't so far away if you could see the castle Robbo ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Tea with the dtr and grandtr, hanging about and watching TV. Not doing one serious thing :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Better day today, at least so far ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Boring stuff but went to the Docs this AM with a few abdominal aches and pains. Diverticulosis was found after my bowel cancer 10 years ago and he thinks I need a good flush out so has given me 60 sachets to sort that out. Also went to the hospital for a blood test just to make sure there are no other nasties lurking. :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Robbo - meant to ask yesterday but what is a "lurcher?" (I don't know that term)

@Grandad - Diverticulitis can be painful. My mom had it and it caused quite a bit of discomfort. Doctors here basically just shrugged at it and said there was nothing they could do about it (as told by my mom to me). She'd had the diagnosis but never given a treatment for it. Interesting your doctors are proposing a flush. Hope it works.

Today I'm watching the twins while the dtr takes the granddtr to their swimming lesson. Twins are getting sniffly and its a no school day so the instructions are for a 'calm sedate time' and I'm not to get them all 'steamed up!' (GEEZ whats the point of them coming over if we can't PLAY and roll and wrestle and otherwise muck about the house!! ;) ;) ) Then this afternoon I just have to get out there and get groceries. Looking pretty grim on the shelves in here.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

A lurcher is a loose term for any cross of sighthound + another breed. For example, a lot of the travellers will cross a greyhound and a staffordshire bull terrier to get a good hunting dog that has speed and stamina to chase live prey. These days, anything that has a deep chest and long legs but any other variation of coat or height is covered by the term lurcher

Today, I am at my desk untill 12.30 and then I am heading into Liverpool to watch the football. I should be home by about 7, when i shall relax, have a few beers and watch tv till bedtime.