What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Grandad »

Highlight today, the Calcutta Cup from Murrayfield........the MANS game ;) ;) :lol:

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Nothing much on the cards for today, a bit boring really :(
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Same , I'm having a lazy day :) :)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Ummmmmm, no sun, TV is repeats, read a whole book. Was thinking about making salmon for dinner but now I have read about LLLs mercury I shall have poached egg, new potato and a heap of cabbage as I have 3 huge white ones from the neighbour, and neither the hens nor the horse like them (and I dont know why) Cabbage cut very fine and cooked quickly is good with cheese sprinkled on. I will now have my siesta, dreams are free - - -
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I'll come round later then Jay, I love shredded cabbage. I like a little butter or vinegar on my cabbage, is that odd? I also used to like jam and cheese sandwiches as a kid, (and still do :lol: ) was that odd too?

But returning to the topic. I am a hoarder and do not like to throw anything away on the premise that everything will come in useful within ten years. My father in law used to say that. :lol: Anyhow, in my workshop I have a number of large drawers which each holds old items of a particular type. Plumbing, electrics, tiling for instance; and they are all completely full.
This morning i spent a useful hour or so going through the 'electrics' drawer. I had to be bold in my sorting and it is now about a quarter full. There were transformers from equipment that had been disposed of, under cupboard strip lights which have been there since I installed the new(est) kitchen 13 years ago. Items that I couldn't remember what they were or where they came from.

So they have all gone now and mark my words, before next week is out there will be something that I now need but have thrown away after 20 years or so. There is merit in being a hoarder. :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - my father was a hoarder of all his carpentry stuff. NEVER throw out a piece of board going on that same premise that the day you do throw something out you'll need it ;)

Today I'm waiting for painter to arrive and am selling a cabinet so am waiting for people who scheduled to come and (hopefully) buy it .............today kinda a wait day.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Your a man after my own heart Grandad and yes I will guarantee that you will soon need something you have just thrown out ;)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

My day has been far from being restful! :lol: I had grandaughter here for the afternoon and next door neighbour's great-grandson came in too. We were trying to make marbled paper using food dye, oil and water which didn't work! Then both kids took a dislike to each other so the little boy went home vowing he didn't want to see her ever again, and she was as happy as a sandboy having her Nanny and Grandad all to herself. :D She doesn't like sharing! Then after Grandad took her home at 5pm, it was time to start cooking. King prawn satay and chow mein, which has now been eaten. Maybe I will get a couple of hours to myself now before I go to bed.

ps. I wish I'd known about your strip lights Grandad! One of mine has just gone wrong and we can't get bulbs to fit them any more! :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

RS, take a look on Amazon they have quite a few variations on there :up
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Trouble is that they're almost 25 years old and sizes have gone metric in that time, Horus. About time we got some new ones anyway. :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Kiya, what have you done? We are getting all the high winds from Imogen down here, you normally keep them up your way? ;) :lol:

Busy morning first thing, clearing out my bedroom ready for delivery of a new bed. I needed a firmer mattress so went the whole hog with a new bed. The daughter is having my cast off, still in very good condition, so doing our bit for recycling.

Can't wait for bed time, everything new, all new linen and fresh clean PJ's :lol: :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Its been blowing a gale all day her too, I had to go out with my brother on a bit of business and it was so cold I could not wait to get back home again.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Awe you poor folks are you all feeling the cold & a little bit of wind ;) :lol: ...... its been rather nice up here today with blue skies & even the sun shone for us :) ... it did cloud over again by late aftn .
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Over to the hardware store to see if my cupboards for the garage are in yet, over to the Sushi restaurant for sushi lunch, back to check on the painter and am very happy I did as I got a mis-tint in the living room + bedroom colour. Came out basically as white as the trim! Was supposed to be a warm beige but the part he had on the wall was a white on white. Now am having a cuppa and watching some lady train a Rottweiller puppy on TV.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

A nice bright day here so far although still a bit chilly, I may even get out for a walk :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Woke up to a covering of frost, thankfully the sun shone again with lovely blue skies :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Glorious sunny but windy day.

My number one chore is liaising with daughter for the expedition to Centre Parcs on Monday next. My job is to find the right vehicle to hire at the right price. Unfortunately what was going to be my daughter and her son and me - then had other grandmother added which is lovely. But then Auntie and cousin.

Oh no, Auntie can't come, but ask Granddad. No Granddad could look after Aunties cats and dogs, so can Auntie come?

Ah, what vehicle for 6 people self-catering? A people carrier won't take all the luggage. OK How about getting a taxi company with a mini bus?

Excellent, and cheaper from here. No, Grandma, Auntie and cousin live about 60 miles or so in the opposite direction. OK back to the drawing board.

Auntie suggests she drives independently with daughter and Grandma meeting us at the Park. Hurrah!

Ah, if her vehicle passes it's MOT. Hmmm. is it currently taxed and insured? Hmmm.

Daughter says lets hire two smaller cars. Excellent and cheaper, but does Auntie have a clean driving licence? Can't hire a car without one.

Grandma is not sure if she can come, she should have had her chemo last week, but they put it off to this week, maybe........

Current situation update, we have two lodges booked, bikes for four and mobility scooters for both Grannies.

We may be a party of three leaving one lodge empty, no refund. We may be a party of 5 or even 6 using both lodges.

That's all fairly simple, but I can't make an executive decision on the transport because my daughter hasn't decided what vehicle she'd be happy to use and I don't have a current licence for UK. I sent her a text with prices three hours ago and no reply yet.

All in all not the way I do business - driving me :?
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I really do sympathise with you MD, I am a very organised person, although I do like spontaneity at times. It can be a nightmare trying to get everyone else to agree on the most simplest of things, I reckon the main problem is that many people just give the reason why it is a problem for them and don’t offer an alternative that would work, the most irritating are the “I may come, but I may not” brigade as everything has to cater for them, can you all go by train?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I wish, Horus!

I've never forgiven Dr Beeching, stupid man. :evil:
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

We'll be there to take the spare lodge MD :lol: :lol:

But getting organised rang bells with me. Mrs G will be 80 in June and, as when I reached that age, it is agreed that the whole family will again gather at our fav restaurant. There were 14 for my party but now that 5 of the grandkids have regular partners that number has swelled to 19. Birthday falls on Tuesday so now the problem to find when ALL or at worst MOST can make it.

My wife has never made much of birthdays and would be happy with no party and to go away somewhere. But as we plan to go away in May that is not an option.

Back to today.......nothing to report.....a visit with Mrs G to a few 'sheds' then a light lunch at M & S cafe. With my vouchers that cost just 8 quid. I know how to treat a girl. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Grandad on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.