What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Mad Dilys »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Grey and pouring down rain today. Feel like going back to bed and sleeping the day away. Not overly cold but just looking out the window isn't too inspiring to get out there and actually DO something. Think I'll pour a second cup and mull over what I might want to get up to or down to today.

Actually do you 'get up to stuff'? OR do you 'get down to it?'

Ahhhh give the weather maybe I need to 'get over it'!
:up :rs :up
:lol: :D :lol: I get up to naughtiness then get down to chores...………

I have a good word for the NHS - well my Doctor at least. I had an appointment with him yesterday morning at 11.10am which was I estimated the earliest I would be mobile enough to go the 4 minute taxi drive to the surgery.

I don't see much of the doctors but this one got me into hospital and knees done as a priority. I had been told 17 years before that nothing but total knee replacement would help , and it was left at that. When I moved here, the first time I saw this doctor he spent a few minutes actually reading my notes - not something I had seen a doctor do before.

Now I've passed my sell by date, but I've got used to the inconvenience and felt blessed that it wasn't so much worse than it could easily have been. The range of symptoms I have been suffering over the last 45 years have been diagnosed as Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome but each time I was told it's not likely to shorten your life, you seem to be making the best of it - carry on.

All of the above have similar symptoms, I might have any or all of them at least MS isn't hereditary and there is no doubt that Hypermobility or Ehlers-Danlos has affected my sister and her daughter, my cousin. my children and grandson. One difference I have is that from about 25years old I fell frequently and I have reduced movement owing to early onset arthritis - the hypermobility is a blessing then as movement is not so impaired. I also have spasms which I can't control - intense uncontrolled movement, which doesn't hurt, last long and I remain fully conscious and pretty unconcerned if I'm at home, but I always get severe/violent spasms when I come out of anaesthetic which worries the nurses.

I wanted to tell the doctor that I have several times had intense chest pain and been carted off against my will to various hospitals and clinics which find my heart is working very well indeed and no one knows what causes the pain. I don't want to waste time being checked if it happens again.

The doctor was kind, concerned and gently questioned and listened to me for nearly an hour. He checked my sugar -OK, BP-OK etc etc everything fine ........ but when he asked me to touch my nose with my left hand which was trembling more than the right, it went into uncontrollable spasms for a few minutes. The right hand was OK. (Next day it was the other way round.)

I really felt that he was interested and sympathetic - not that I need sympathy as it is, what it is and I am, and have been very very lucky.

I was about to delete the above, but felt as others have been kind enough to share, I'd leave it.

Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I always find everything everybody shares interesting.

@MD - MS is "NOT" hereditary? I actually always thought it was cause on my father's side there are several cousins who are in my own age range with it and are part of a long term study by the Gov't who is tracking them. And the conditions you describe interesting in that Doctors can't come down with a totally definitive diagnoses and symptoms and how they present change. All very interesting and curious.

@Grandad - when will you get the results of your screening?

I ended up sewing an apron for the daughter in Quebec, going out to a Vietnamese restaurant for Pho Ga (chicken rice noodles with bean sprouts/lime/fresh basil) and then to the Post Office to mail her the apron. Our Post Office has been holding rotating strikes for the past few months so when I went into the sub-station Post Office they wouldn't take it as apparently for the next 3 months they're only handing out parcels (whose and why I dunno) but they're not accepting mail which forced me to the main post office. Wasn't really a biggie just an annoyance as had to totally back track but I now have her apron in the mail. Fabric was cute in that the pattern was socks hung on a clothesline and the daughter wanted an apron with big pockets to hold her clothes pins for when she hangs her laundry out.

And then, although this morning looked like the second comig, the SUN emerged! Had to actually pull down the sun visor on the car the sun was shining so bright. Only 4:30pm but already dark.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

:lol: Gosh! Something else I may have handed on to my family? Good job I don't have a sense of guilt. :up I can't take all the responsibility for the hypermobility as it's now obvious the children's father had it too - not to the same extent as us but physical appearance and the skin - he was very slim like my eldest daughter but they both have/had the excess skin, but stretch marks on the back at waist level.

Daughter sent of sample for genetic testing a few months ago, I did answer about 200 or so questions - she didn't and now they are asking her for more information. I don't have access to the account unfortunately and she just doesn't have time to deal with it. C'est la vie. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

No rain but no sun today. Laundry is almost finished and it is just 10am so what to do what to do what to do. This is when I wish I had a dog cause I rather want to go out for a walk but am putting it off for really no reason. I could go and bother the daughter or I could go to the pool and swim or I could start sewing another quilt........hmmmmmmm.......???
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@LovelyLadyLux
LLL, this seemed like normal retinal imigiary similar to what they do at the AMD clinic. However when I was last at the AMD clinic I DID ask the question and they said that for AMD they only concentrate on the central, macular, area of the retina whereas for diabetes screening they look at the whole retinal surface.
They are actually looking for any blood vessel leakage which can be treated with drops but can lead to blindness if not treated. They told me that I will receive a copy of the report that will be sent to my GP within 6 weeks.
If all is well they repeat the screening annually.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - that diabetes screening is interesting. I have no idea if they do that here (they should) but it makes sense to me. Six weeks to get a report seems a tad long but better to arrive than not.

BTW - Like your Christmas Avatar photo too :) You and Mrs Grandad are looking Terrific!!!! :a52: :a18: :a52:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I shall celebrate 30,681 days on this earth by going shopping at Sainsburys supermarket with Mrs G. That's about as exciting today is likely to get :lol: :lol:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Grandad, Your both looking good in your avatar :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I like Grandad's avatar too. If it was easier to swap them out I might think about it. My main issue being getting a decent photo sized small enough to fit.

Today I'm going for the last of three shots in my bum. Feeling lots better. Hope it stays this way.

After the bum shot I go to pottery for the last time this year and pick up my stuff. Have to see if next week we're all going to go to a pub for lunch :eat :eat and then groceries.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Grandad wrote:I shall celebrate 30,681 days on this earth by going shopping at Sainsburys
I am heartbroken today, I thought I gave a clue yesterday, but no :(
Even my #1 son left the card at home. But #2 son sent his usual humorous one which gave me a laugh.

I am really only joking and pulling your legs, even I had completely forgotten until my wife gave me a card and a gift.
BUT, I can now claim to have the longest longevity (is that good grammar?) of anyone in my family tree :a4: :lol: :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Belated congratulations Grandad, Happy Birthday and many more! :a28:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

:bar3: :hb2: :bar3:

:ring: :ring: :ring: :ring: :ring:

:wave: :wave: :wave:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDAD!
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today started off not too bad but went downhill fast when the power went out due to a huge windstorm that is moving in.

All Ferry sailings cancelled, tree branches blowing everywhere, stop lights not working and cause of no power the mall closed even while they were hosting one of the biggest craft fairs of the season.

I was at the Daughters when the power went out as we were going to go to the Craft Fair at the mall but alas we didn't get too far today at all.

On top of all this too neighbours have put out the alert with photos of a bear in their garage. They got photos of it eating garbage out of their compost bin. This is too close to the schools to have a bear being this brazen to come right up and into homes plus it looks like it "maybe" has a Mama which if lurking close could be super dangerous. It is possible this little guy isn't doing over well and is trying for easy food to put on a few more pounds for winter but sadly his/her days are now numbered. Always kind of mixed feelings when bears/cougars come in close as it leaves no option but to off them.

When I finally got home my electricity was on so I quickly cooked supper in case I'm not getting any later on if the power goes off again.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Grandad , Belated birthday greetings :hb2: :cake2: :hb2:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:@Grandad - that diabetes screening is interesting. Six weeks to get a report seems a tad long but better to arrive than not.
@LovelyLadyLux
I actually got two letters this morning. One to tell me the images were not clear enough to make assessments and the other with an appointment in February for re-screening.
I am a little annoyed because this was a mobile screening unit that travels round to doctors surgeries. The technician lady took many pictures and, at the time, didn't give me confidence that she had good images. That has now proved to be the case.

Very cold here this morning. I went to get a newspaper and the wind on my face was biting cold.
Memo to self. Get a better hat for the trip to Austria. :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It is 4:30am-ish here and am awake. Been a rough night of having the power go off and on (not that that is too bad) with all the gadgets and electronics beeping everytime the power comes back on. It is back on now (again). Hope this is the last of it. Don't think any Ferries sailed yesterday and I did hear on the car radio announcements that many of the sailings were sold out as I guess this is the start of holiday travels.

Today am going with all the family to what is called "The Singing Christmas Tree." One of the local churches puts it on and it has has become so popular it runs for about 2 weeks every evening with a Choir that sings along with the some acting like a musical review. Lots of known Christmas carols and other singing with the choir which is excellent standing in some sort of Christmas tree arrangement. Decorations are usually lovely and the singing fantastic. Going to the 4pm show vs the 7pm. Hope the electricity stays on for the performance.

Probably will have to do some more branch picking up. Lots of down'd pine needles but those will have to wait 'til everything dries up and they're easier to sweep up dry than wet.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Raining heavy today and we had another wind storm last night but didn't lose electricity. This afternoon am going over to friends house as they're having an 'open house' .... looking forward to the visit with everybody.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I don't know why Horus has gone AWOL for the last week or so, maybe he was not finding anything of interest to contribute to.
If so I am feeling a little like that myself. I think that I will take a step back for a while. Perhaps the new year will bring some new points of interest for us to get chatting about.
Until then, HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, AND GOOD HEALTH AND PROSPERITY IN 2019. From Mr & Mrs Grandad
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

You've read my mind Grandad - I was thinking of writing a piece about what's going on in Luxor now and I thought it seemed out of place. :oops:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today was pretty quiet, did some sewing, cleaned up, watched TV, ran out briefly to get some groceries, talked on the phone and generally frittered away the day.

Tomorrow I'm up early to Doctor for the last shot in the bum, over to pottery to pick up the last of my creations then over to the Grandkids school to watch their Christmas Concert which is "Grinch" based this year. Always enjoy watching the kids do their thing.