What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Just wanted to say 'hello' to you all. I have started to surface at long last but feel very tired, confused and weak. Many thanks to MD for all the phone calls and good wishes. Much appreciated. However, I'm still a long way from being 'normal' yet, so I won't stay on here, but I do wish you all A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Happy New Year RS! Good to know you're on the mend. Seems that flu is just a real bear of a deal once you come down with it.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Same to you RS,glad you are on the mend :rs
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am to see your post Ruby. I'll still ring to see how you are, but don't expect to speak to you to hold a conversation. :a28:
Smile! It confuses people
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Happy to hear your feeling better RS, keep warm & take it easy :hug:

As for me I'm already lost, no Roy to run after doing this & that for him.............he left this morning at 5.00 am & crossing the Atlantic as I write heading to Calgary then an internal flight on to Edmonton, he has it good this time around with work 1 week on & 1 week off.

Guess who will be going to bed early tonight since I was up so early with him :) :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Kiya -

This is the weather network for Edmonton:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/we ... a/edmonton

It will give you an insight into Roy's daily day weather-wise :) You will note that Tuesday he'll get snow and Wednesday the temperatures are going to be down to MINUS 23!!! Your Roy is a BRAVE man to be facing a WINTER in Edmonton!

We don't need a weather network here where I'm at cause it SEEMS the weather is only ever RAIN RAIN and more RAIN! At least the fog has left but it is really pelting down right now (9:45am-ish).

City-wise there is nothing much in our local news going on, the focus with the neighbours seems to be, quite understandably, taking down Christmas decorations between the raindrops and getting the tree (if a live one) down to one of the local parking lots where they're chipping them all up.

Dragged down the suitcase so I can start to pack.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Oh ! WoW ! That does look cold and we always think Scotland is cold, just as well he took the thermals with him :)

I hope your off to a sunnier climate :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I'm chasing boiler suppliers, TLC keeps mine limping but last night was :a55:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It was so cold here that I turned my CH onto a higher setting even during the night when usually I like the bedrooms to be cooler than the living room, but I was freezing the temperature had dropped so low.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Well, I look like something the cat dragged in but am making slow progress. I ate a proper meal tonight for the first time since before Christmas. Didn't get much down but at least it's a start! Now all I need is to get a good nights sleep. During the violent vomiting and coughing bouts, I managed to tear a muscle in my stomach, so every time I cough now, I have to hold my stomach, otherwise the pain is extreme. It's still waking me up at night so we are usually getting up by 4.30am, so I can sit upright. :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

There is so much of it about that I am seriously thinking about cancelling a routine doctors appontment for Thursday and just stay at home. When you think that doctors surgeries are full of sick people it is the last place you want to visit until it has run its course a bit longer. :sd
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Seems to be turning into a bit of an epidemic, doesn't it? :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It certainly does, mind you it was forcast to be a bad year for Flu especially this Aussie strain.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@RS - that is pretty bad if you've torn a muscle in your stomach. Hopefully it will repair and/or can be repaired so the pain will subside.

HERE, from the Newspapers we have the full flu epidemic. We have several nursing homes shut down and a warning that if you're sick "STAY HOME" and do NOT go to the Hospital.

I have gone to physio but to get there I have to walk through a doctor's clinic. I've been debating HOW to get through the clinic to the physio without breathing but then it came to me the air is probably being circulated throughout the entire place so unless I can hold my breath for 30 minutes I'm going to be breathing possibly 'flu' air. I really do not like doctors offices at all. :(

We're still getting lots and lots and lots of rain here. The daughter stopped by for a cuppa this morning with the Granddaughter after dropping the twins at school. First time I've seen her since her surgery re: tubes in her ears and she is doing fine.

Then I went out and up to a local Thrift Store to see if I could see any orchid pots but none :( so went to the grocery store for another cup of tea and read my book for an hour then back home. The Son-In-Law is swinging by end of day today to put new filters into the furnace and then doing whatever he needs to do by way of programming the thing on the wall to tell the furnace the filters have been swapped out.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I turned the CH off all night, went to bed well wrapped up and was pretty snug. Have turned it on again and I'm still chasing boiler people.

Nice to see you back online Ruby, I'll leave you in peace for a bit as I'm afraid I might disturb a well needed nap.

l'm pretty much over the flu except for the cough which makes me rigid right down to my toes. Loth to go to the Dr even if I could get an appointment. My tremor is pretty irritating this morning, lots of correcting to do or my wriiii ting looks like this!

It's a family thing, my daughters have it too, we seem to have our own neurological wiring according to our dentists and anaesthetists. I think we are mermaids - not withstanding the fact that i can't swim! :snig: :))) :)))
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I have just received the results of my annual eye examination as I have Gloucoma in one eye and had cataracts removed from both.
It reads: Visual Acuity 6/6 6/6 which I am taking to mean 'excellent' :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

What's the relevance of 20/20 vision. I was told I had it after my cataract ops, but I have to have a prism lens for my left eye as it's inclined to have a life of it's own.

The sight is good in both eyes individually, but they don't work too well together sometimes, especially when I'm tired. 8)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

A funny thing happened this morning! DH suddenly woke up and thought I had got up by myself. He dived out of bed in a panic - and woke me up! It was 5.30am! :( He has been threatened about doing the same thing tomorrow! Bless his cotton socks. He's still on full alert.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Bless him! :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just back home from the Thrift Shop and a stop at the coffee shop with daughter and granddaughter who always gets the "Vanilla Dipped Donut with SPRINKLES!" (said louder and louder as we get to sprinkles).

Didn't find an orchid pot which was my main purpose for going but I did find a small blown glass vase that will fit somewhere on a shelf. (Love blown glass especially the older ones). Going Tuesdays means ME as a 55+ Seniors gets 30% off but nothing much at all in there.

Heading out tonight to my Group of Ladies who do projects and stuff. We haven't met since November since our December Christmas supper got snowed out. This meeting will focus on WHO we're going to elect as Pres, VP, Secretary etc come May for the next two years. We're supposed to nominate whomever and so long as I'm not nominated to anything I'll review with whomever WANTS to do something and nominate them. Then we'll also decide what projects we're going to do through this year.

I've been thinking as to what could be done community-wise for women & kids that supports literacy but haven't come up with anything yet (in terms of a NEW project) so any IDEAS are appreciated ;)