What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Mad Dilys »

Hope you soon feel better, :hug: :bl:

Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Yes lets hope you are soon on the mend, this bug has hit you pretty hard by the looks of things :o
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@RS - Geez! You've really had had the BEST of the season! Didn't mean for you to get a Bug and a doozie at that! Wow..........hope you're feeling better soon. Take it real easy too once you are feeling better cause am sure with this type of big a relapse is a real possibility.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I rang Ruby's DH yesterday and there was no news, I expect him to be busy but will leave a voice message from time to time. I'm afraid my voice is still wobbly and I'm not quite with it yet today.

My family left yesterday afternoon since when I slept for 14 hours :up The cough and wheezing is easing, wobbly on my feet but improving I reckon. This really is a very nasty bug.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I am touching wood but, we have managed to stear clear os any cold or bug for at least 2 years. If somebody in the family is suffering they are not welcome in our home. AND, any inoculation that is available, we will have. No qualms about that.
It is a bit like statins. Mrs G and I have both been taking statins for many years and our cholesterol is well within preferred limits. My sister has a level of well over 6 and refuses to take statins for some stupid reason. She has recently moved back to Kent and her new doctor is almost insisting that she takes them, whilst accepting that it is her final decision.
I use 7 medications including 2 different eye drops. If you read the leaflets that are included with every drug which includes possible side effects, you wouldn't get up in the morning.
I take the view that the risk of side effects is so long that I will take that risk and have the benefit of the drug.
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Every year I get the flu AFTER I have the jab. I tried to resist this year when I was seeing the doctor, but to no avail. :evil:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Well am hoping you ALL get over everything quickly. I hate being sick and feeling under the weather and, like Grandad and Mrs Grandad I haven't had anything this year and I do get 'the jab' for whatever is being offered - flu, shingles, TB - whatever I've had it. Not sure IF it has actually stopped me from getting anything or not but I'll take the shot vs not.

Today so far I'm doing laundry then around 11am will go up to the Pub for breakfast (IF they're actually having it today) and then will settle in to watch TV and hopefully will find a decent movie on Netflix to watch. Might make midnight but might not.

Mostly I've spent some time lately thinking about what I'm going to DO this coming year. I've spent lots of time since I retired on house renovations (to say nothing I moved twice!), garden development - in other words I worked hard but just not in an office. Now I've basically got this house finished, the garden infrastructure in so now I need to figure out what I'm going to do on a weekly basis to take my time as lately I've found I have large blocks of time where I really have nothing much to do and I rather think when this starts to happen to one you deteriorate vs come ahead i.e. should I take up swimming again twice or thrice a week or line dancing or yoga or ?? Mostly am thinking I need to schedule in some more activities that will keep me amused and doing something active and positive. Quite like pottery but that is only 1 day a week so hmmmm thinking thinking thinking for 2018.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Well, I detect a distinct absence of posters since Monday evening , LLL's time. If it is the pesky bugs keeping you all away, I hope you are soon fit and well again. I had a sore throat on Monday evening and feared the worst. Resorted to sucking trusty Lockets and thankfully it did not develop into anything nasty. I am not claiming that Lockets helped but even if they had a placebo effect, I'm happy with that. :lol:

Our daughter returns to school tomorrow so we have taken advantage of her offer to be a taxi for 2 days. Went into town yesterday and then to Currys to look at fridge/freezers. Mrs G has decided that she would like a new one although there is nothing wrong with the present one. Anyhow we got home and I ordered one online to be delivered next Tuesday, 10% discount and free delivery. :up

We have brought the weekly shopping day forward to today and while my wife shops, my daughter will take me to B & Q for some bits and pieces that I have been waiting for transport. We spent boxing day with my daughter Alison and her family so we have seen a lot of her recently but she is always willing to help out when she can. Good girl :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Daughters are usually great, I know that mine is :up
Just a point Grandad, if you have to get rid of the old fridge/freezer the Curry's delivery men will usually take it so saving you having to pay, but it has to be empty and ready to go. ;)

I have been busy lately trying to get to grips with a new piece of design software as I am thinking of buying a 3D printer, but want to know all the drawbacks before I do so.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

H, our current set up is a fridge over a freezer in a cabinet that matches the rest of the kitchen which is all built in. As there are two units, Currys charge £20 per item to remove and recycle. I need both to be working until the new unit is set up so my SiL is coming over Saturday to help me get both in the garage so that I can keep them running. I can then dismantle the cabinet ready for the new unit to go straight into place. SiL will then take old units to recycling centre for me at a later date.
I need a plan.......what I didn't NEED is a new fridge/freezer. :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm off to the Dentist in about 15 minutes then not too sure what I'll do. Nothing much is really happening here, most of my friends are either gone to visit friends/family for holidays and waiting for the pressure on the Ferry traffic to abate or they're already gone for the duration to warm sunny places about the globe.

Have to check in with the daughter as the granddaughter has her surgery tomorrow to have tubes put back into her ears and her adenoids shaved down and whatever else the doctors might opt to do once they have her. If I get the twins for the day will have to get something ready and planned today (which was the plan) but now their Dad has taken the rest of the week off work so dunno.

Been really cold here - grey foggy freezing cold. Not appealing at all to get outside.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Running off to the pottery studio this morning :) Then the twins are arriving this afternoon for a sleepover so parents can look after their sister following her surgery (which isn't big but she'll probably, possibly be fussy).

Just above freezing but no sun and a bit foggy. Rather yucky looking outside
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

All went well with the granddaughter - tubes in, adenoids shaved down, bit tired but a scoop of ice cream around 4pm worked wonders!

The twins had a great afternoon of painting, reading a dinosaur encyclopedia (he LOVES encyclopedias and his Mom & Dad are relenting a bit and just letting him read them front to back memorizing every word), drawing pictures of Mutant Ninja Turtles AND doing their moves in the living room

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

My daughters youngest Grandson was always leaping about doing his Ninja impressions and he still has a vivid imagination. :D His elder brother when he was small was dinosaur crazy, he had books and just about every model going, I remember one Christmas myself and Mrs H buying him all the Jurassic Park ones that were very large and realistic and the T Rex (his favourite) would let out a roar, he loved them. :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Very pleased that all went well for your grand daughter LLL. And ice cream eh! I well remember when I had tonsils and adenoids dealt with that ice cream was so soothing. :up
The boys look great. Can you tell them apart, they look identical? Wonderful age for kids, enjoy them because before you turn your back they will be teenagers. ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Meant to say, love those dressing gowns the boys have. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I CAN tell the twins apart most times but if it is a fly by I can't. Can't tell them apart on the phone either.

These are their Dressing Gowns they got for Christmas with their names embroidered on them BUT for this shoot they were actually wearing each others!

At school the teachers can't tell them apart so the essential rule is that the oldest twin wears RED and the youngest gets to wear either Green (his favourite colour) or Blue.

They're staying pretty close to identical.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I like it, colour coded twins :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The daughter opted for colour coding them vs stamping their names on their foreheads (am sure the teachers would have voted for names on forehead).

The Granddaughter is doing well. She slept for quite a bit when she got home 'til late afternoon when the mention of ice cream perked her right up and by the next morning she was 90% back to normal so by today should be 100%.

Hard to say what today will bring. The weather hasn't been terribly inviting at all and just don't feel the need to take me outside into dense wet fog. Haven't seen the sun for days. Now that I've seen the swans out back will have to stroll down to see if I can get some photos. Hopefully the trail will be dry enough to walk and hopefully I can get through the brush to get a clear photo of them.

Come Monday life for all will pretty much be back to normal. Kids in school, the holidays distant memories but lots more available on a day by day to actually do on more normal schedule(s).
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

With the assistance of son in law, I moved the freezer temporarily into the garage and have left the fridge on the kitchen floor until Monday when that too will go to the garage. I dis assembled the fridge/freezer housing so all cleared for delivery of the new appliance on Tuesday. As said before, they did not need replacing, just a whim of my wifes, but I found the date of purchase was December 2002 so by todays standards they had given good service.
Another little job today was to fit new toilet seats. The old ones were wooden which 'er indoors didn't like so we have changed them to plastic soft closers from good old B & Q.
My #2 grandson came round to use my computer. His girlfriend is 21 in April and he wanted to book a city break to Dubrovnik for her as a birthday present without her possibly knowing.
A measure of how times have changed, I remember that my wife bought me a Parker pen and I bought her a record player for our 21st. ;) :lol: