What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Horus »

Yesterday I made myself a pan of this (as it turned out) very tasty and chunky Moroccan Chickpea soup. The recipe is fairly simple and you can make it in no time at all, here it is sprinkled with a touch of Lemon zest and some Coriander, you can fill it out to a bigger meal with some flat bread ……………. Mmm very filling and yummy on cold day. :eat

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today I'm tossing out ALL the plants that came in the plant arrangement I won at the Horticulture Club. Since transplanting the dracaena (usually extremely hardy) has dropped ALL it's long leaves and even the top of the main stalk stem is turning to mush (almost like it got frozen?). The ficus has also dropped ALL its leaves and even the stem ends are drying up and going black. The only two living things out of the entire arrangement are the little green with white edge plants and I'm not laying good odds that they're doing well. Am not into nursing plants along at all so out they go. The ficus I knew would be temperamental but I was pretty sure the dracaena was real hardy. The root system was extensive so was quite surprised to see one by one every day and sometimes even three by three all the long leaves falling off.

The sun is shining but the rain is pouring down so changed out the hummingbird feeders too.

Yesterday I was down at the marsh trying to get close to the edge to see the swans but they were way over on the other side of the marsh and that I only knew from a passerby who asked me (as I was struggling through the dead branches of the shore trees) if I was looking for the swans and then advised he'd seen them on the other side.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That marsh of yours must have some really thick cover :o
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The marsh is technically called an "Eco Marsh." There is no clear definition of what that actually means and implies but most think it means you don't get to touch anything growing there. I rather bed to differ as all that is happening is that the blackberries and weeds are overtaking everything so much so when you walk the path all you see is weeds & branches & blackberries and hardly get to SEE the marsh.

The City comes down with a machine once a year and cuts the grass/weeds/stuff growing on either side of the old road but that is all.

I've been going down to try and clear a bit of all the big branches (i.e. vine maples, alders, cottonwoods - none of the nice trees) out so that from the trail you can actually SEE something! When I talked with the City when buying the place they were totally 100% FINE that "I" take on all the Blackberries I wanted anywhere I saw them. One vine can grow meters and meters a year and way UP UP UP into the trees too.

Anyway - am making it my project to go down and clear away a little bit at a time BUT lots of the branches are coming up into the marsh too.

It is my plan to watch for the guy with the tractor this year and see if I can persuade him with a Two Four to clear it with his machine for me ;)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Today I'm going to try again to send an email to a dear friend who has recently been told that she is terminally ill. It took me nearly an hour yesterday to write and edit a fairly short missive - hand tremble is a bit of a nuisance some days. Then the Hand of Fate took over. First my laptop started talking to me! That threw me a bit until I realised it was saying and highlighting what was on the page. I had no idea how I started it nor how to turn it off so just turned off the sound.

As I went to press send the whole page disappeared and I was disconnected from my email account!

After that I did get on quite well with setting up the house renovation plans. Care and Repair have been a great help. I have a list of Handymen to try for those small jobs around the house I can't do one handed and have been given contacts for electricians, plumbers and builders. :up

When I mentioned that I wanted to have smoke alarms fitted immediately the young lady gave me the number of the Fire Service who will fit smoke alarms free of charge! I contacted them and they are coming to do a complete fire risk assessment on the house which will make my mind easier. 8)
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

MD, this MAY help with your narrator problem:
Press windows + u then a pop up utility box will appear, giving you the option to select the second option and it will say "narrator is running". Select that and press "stop". Press "ok".
OR
Use keyboard shortcut to turn off Narrator in Windows 10
When the Narrator is running, the keyboard shortcut Windows logo + Enter can be used to turn off the Narrator in Windows 10. Make sure to simultaneously press Windows and Enter keys.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Thank you Horus! :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Mad Dilys wrote:Thank you Horus! :up
Did that work?
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Hasn't happened again yet, so I'm leaving it alone. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I often find stuff these days that just suddenly start on my laptop. I swear I haven't touched anything or done anything yet "ta da" something starts out of the blue with no warning or permission.

The weather today is terrible so haven't gone far, haven't done 1 thing all this morning and the afternoon isn't looking much better!

The daughter will swing by for a cuppa in an hour when she pick up the Granddaughter from pre-school and I have a thought that that will be as exciting as it will get here today. Definitely on the countdown to holidays and really since the weather is not cooperating or being nice at all I can't wait!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

When are you off?
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Where's everyone gone? Come and play! :D I'm recovering well by the day now, although still quite weak and wobbly. DH actually bought a machine downstairs for me yesterday, and today I have gathered together all the bits of the quilt I started before Christmas. I just need the necessary 'oomph' to get started now. My phones and messenger have been going non-stop this morning, and I'm expecting a visit later from son no.1 and family, because - it's my birthday! :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I'll try to get through on the phone - if I can't get through..............
:hb: :d1: :hb2:

:py ;) 21 again? :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

We are still here for now RS, although I think we are all too busy doing something else to come on here, easier to just pop in on the Blue side if you want a chat or send an email ;)
Anyway glad to see you are up and about again :up and ................. I'm off to the pub shortly, ;) so .......
:hb2: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :hb2:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

:a25: :bar3: :a25:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY SLIPPERS!

:hb: :d1: :hb:

:wave: :ring: :wave:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Many thanks for your birthday wishes! Horus, go to the Blue side for a chat??? You're having a laugh! More like an argument! :(
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Oh its not so bad RS if you ignore the usual suspects, ;) WI posts some interesting Egyptology links and Hafiz does some good (if lengthy) political write ups and Dusak will always inject some humour into things. :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Happy belated Birthday RS

:hb: :hb2: :hb:

Hope you had a fantastic day XX
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Thanks, Kiya. It went ok. Had a bit of a shock today though. Just for a laugh, DH got the scales out and he's lost over a stone! I then jumped on and I'm down to 6st 8lbs with two thick jumpers on, trousers, socks, underwear etc! Mmm! I think the diet can wait! :urm:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Good grief Ruby S :sd you need a few meat pies down your neck :D