What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Grandad »

I don't keep notebooks and have never kept diaries. When working I always had a very large desk diary/notebook which I used for daily notes, appointments, ToDo's etc.
On my desk right now I have just a reporters notebook that I use for memo's, calculations, ToDo notes etc. Like the recent trip to Austria, I have all the notes relating to the bookings, costs, insurance, timings etc but it all went like clockwork so I didn't need to refer back.
For appointments we have one of those long calendars in the kitchen and that is our appointments bible (medical, lunch dates, hairdresser etc etc)

:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I have a book in each room I use plus one in my handbag. They have coloured sections and then as LLL says I am using real restraint to keep it to 4 books. They are hole punched so after editing if they should be kept they can be filed. I have account files going back to 1973. I hate to throw paper records away, that's one reason for moving on to notebooks - once in a file - it's there forever. ;)
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

MD, I think you answered my question in your last post. I don't have any paper bills or accounts. I do everything online and have spreadsheets for everything.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I do have ONE and only one large space monthly calendar that is the Bible of appointments, when/where/how etc. I can't live without it. I never liked cyber calendars I wanted 1 hard copy that is staples in the middle I can see, touch, scribble on and use. Always get the 12 months of the year kind and I will keep them for the entire year plus beyond in case I ever have to refer back for something.

Just back from a morning of swimming at the Aquatic Center with the grandkids and daughter. Their dad is 'on call' this weekend through his work so just us guys went swimming. We get there 10:30am-ish so we can swim and hot tub for an hour as the water slides don't open 'til 11:30am which is the highlight of the morning.

Sitting in the hot tub is the highlight of my morning and definitely feels good on the bones ;)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Grandad wrote:MD, I think you answered my question in your last post. I don't have any paper bills or accounts. I do everything online and have spreadsheets for everything.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
I prefer paper to the cyber world - after all what if I wanted to know how much I spent on hay in 1973 ? I couldn't find it on line. :lol: :D
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

My spreadsheets go back over 20 years. I can look back at what my electricity and gas costs were, what my salary was and what expenditure we had BUT what really is the use of that today? I am a bit of a numbers nerd and often play with numbers just for the sake of it. Any comparisons are really valueless.
My spreadsheets are of course only on my computer and not in cyber space. ;) :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I'm only trying to justify my untenable position. I just like paper, it's not "better" :lol: :D
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I dislike January and todays gloom reinforces my wish that the month can pass as quickly as it likes. At least there is already a detectable lengthening of the hours of daylight.
I don't have any reason to venture out but maybe tomorrow I will take a trip into town with my wife to collect some meds and have some lunch. And that will be the highlight of my week :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I made it to the Doctor today and was introduced to a tall, slim and extremely good looking young man with something very familiar about him.

I was his last patient for the day, and we were chatting and he said "My Father is Egyptian" can't get away from them can you? Though to be fair he was more helpful and informative than most I've met.

After the Doctor I caught a taxi to the middle of the City, sorted a few bank details out - found I was much better off than I thought - probably because I've hardly left the house for 3 months meaning no spontaneous spending. :oops:

I thought I'd walk to the second taxi rank, it's only about 200yds, but halfway there I knew I'd made a mistake. Too much too soon. I could hardly get in the taxi. When the driver had put my wheels in the back, I sked his name - "Omar" he said, which pleased my immensely - they call me Um Omar or Mother of Omar in Luxor.

I'm so stiff I'm committed to a little walk at least once a day for the next week but looks like I'm going into remission which is very encouraging. :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

We have a team of eye doctors at the eye clinic that my wife and I attend, MD. Two of those are Egyptians, one did both of my cataract operations and the other we see on regular reviews. Both are very good :up
Mr Raza the surgeon always has Egyptian music playing in the background :lol:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

This morning while eating my breakfast I watched on TV "Rocket City Rednecks" - fascinating seeing them making a gun to propel a long piece of 2x4 at over 100 miles an hour!

Why? To test their tornado shelter made from easily obtainable cheap components.

The gun worked, then they dropped a car on the shelter, absolutely rock solid. So the hope is that for less than $2,000 a tornado shelter for 4 people could be built in a day from scratch.

Fascinating. :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

it's a beautiful day - not a cloud in the sky. Bit nippy but not very cold and it's dry!Rare for here, wonderful. :lol:

On top of that I'm in top form and haven't felt so good for a long while. Getting my chores done early and I might have time for a bit of art work later. :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I did comment elsewhere that it was a dull day here in the south. That was a bit of an exaggeration because the day turned out sunny although quite chilly.
I think my wife must have had a premonition of holiday snaps to come from LLL. I have mentioned that she often shops online at QVC and the other day they had a TSV (Todays Special Value) of a set of luggage. Complaining that our existing canvas trolley cases were a bit out of date, and with my agreement, we ordered the TSV in gold. That arrived this morning so next thing is to offload the canvas trolleys to the grandkids if they want them. We have two pairs which have served us well around the world.
This is the new set so Pueto Valarta here we come ;) :lol: :lol:
PS: You have a lot to answer for LLL ;) ;)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Very Posh! :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Interestingly I just bought a new hard sided carry-on in GOLD too. Must be great minds think alike and/or like the same colour combos.

Your new gold suitcases will match everything here in Puerto Vallarts
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Very nice Grandad :) and with four wheels :?: much easier to move around :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

With the old fashioned pull type suitcases I've very easily pulled my shoulder out several times over the years. I bought this type (only the smallest) as I can push it which is much much easier to avoid any type of muscle strain.

Grandad was really matching the colour to E4U too! ;)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

We are back to Cardiff Grey today, but yesterday perked me up a lot. I had a delivery of a couple of storage shelves on castors today - flatpack, so I'm getting out the instructions and hopefully fitting the bottom of the larder today. The water main stopcock is on the floor, hence the need to remove the shelves from time to time. Apparently no tools are needed. We will see. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Swimming, sunning,reading 'n relaxing poolside in a lovely morning sunshine.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Good for you! 8) :lol:

Actually, yes it is good for you. :lol: