What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Ruby Slippers »

It's a definite return to Winter here! The snow has definitely settled although it seems to have stopped now. The wind is bitingly cold again too. I think I will be climbing into Grandad's suitcase if it carries on. :urm:

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Cold but good bit of sunshine. People in the shop were saying yesterday that though it's been cold and we have had a bit of rain, we have had more sunshine so far this year than we normally get in a whole summer! 8)
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Lucky you :(
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

We have definitely got a return of the beast from the east! It's been snowing on and off since approx. 6.30am and settled quite thickly. My bedroom heater has gone on again tonight with a lovely cosy hot water bottle in the bed! Hopefully I will sleep better tonight, as last night was really bad. So bad that I got up at 3.10am. :zz
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

At the moment 10pm, it's -2C here and blowing a gale with the wind chill apparently "it feels like -9C". Glad I'm not sleeping in the streets of Cardiff tonight. :vc:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Still snowing hard, but a people carrier has just dropped off the staff of the Co-op next door. Counting my blessings at the moment and looking at ovens online to replace the broken one.

Think I'll get the giant stew pot out and clear the fresh veg in my fridge. I'll put an order in at Tesco for Tuesday as well. :up
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Giant stew pot sounds like a good idea :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

:oops: I've got as far as talking to my youngest daughter on the phone about her newly adopted cat and it's problems and playing on my computer drinking lots of tea and coffee whilst watching the TV with one eye. :D :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

You haven't mentioned the rugby MD. :o

England finish second from bottom above Italy. I think we will just leave it there. :(
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I'm mostly of Irish descent, with a bit of English and a touch of Welsh, but I am after all living in Wales, so I think I've got all affiliations covered, just not interested in Scotland :st

I did watch the games, but thought the lads did their best, but showing the strain, bless them.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Have a laugh at my expense. :oops:
When I cook I often use a spatula and have a bright red one made from silicone rubber which I use for hot stuff like stirring or mixing in a pan. I have had it for years and it has a very small sliver missing on the front edge, however over the recent weeks I started to notice identically coloured little bits in some of my cooking and have spent hours removing them whilst constantly reminding myself to buy a new spatula. :| I keep checking the spatula but to be honest it did not look any different, but I suspected it must be dropping very thin flakes from its surface as every time I used it those little bits would appear. :ni: Today was no different and after fishing out more little bits I was about to throw the darn thing away, :evil: it was only as I was giving the remaining stock in my jug a quick stir that I noticed it again. :sd Then it dawned on me! :roll: It only happened when I used a vegetable stock pot jelly and of course what would a vegetable stock jelly contain? Yes you have it, Tomatoes, Red peppers etc. all blended together with other stuff, :P Doh!
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

No laughing here, only admiration for putting yourself on the front line in case it happens to someone else. :up

Well, no laughing but a big grin. :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Threw in a small turkey yesterday which I've divided up and froze but today am making soup out of the neck and innards and bones. That'll be frozen into meal size meals for future eating.

Sun isn't out today and it is looking like it might rain so I think I'm heading to the Pub for breakfast as Sundays "The Well" (short for Wellington) serves a 'special' which is 2 eggs, bacon, fried potatoes and toast for $4.25CDN (which is super cheap for a huge breakfast). Granted coffee is $2.50 but a comparable breakfast in any other restaurant here easily runs $12 - $14+

IF the sun comes out by the time I get back (not holding my breath on this though) I'm going to go and start pulling the winter weeds off the garden cause tomorrow I'm thinking I'll go back to the nursery and buy pea seeds and grab another begonia tuber.

I did plant 3 hyacinth bulbs in three pots but over the winter they've managed to turn to mush so I'm going to use the pots to start some more begonias. Won't leave the begonias outside like I left the hyacinth (love their fragrance)

OR

I might just sit down and finish two baby quilts (and actually quilt them) I've made. Maybe - they're done and just need quilting.

OR

Might just turn on Netflix and watch a show
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I have got that Spring cleaning bug, on saturday I set to and finally gave my garage workshop a tidying up :up It was as you know absolutely freezing, but luckily I have a portable 3 radient propane heater that I could fire up, so it was not so bad inside. Thought I may have overdone it as this morning I felt a bit yuk as though I may be getting a cold, took a couple of paracetamol and so far today I don't feel so bad, roll on the warmer weather.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I took a flask of hot tea with me when I went to bed last night. A sip or two at 3.0am and then 2 cups while I looked at The World through the eye of my Kindle Fire when I woke at 7.0am and I was becoming gradually mobile. Bliss. I don't want to hex the boiler - I'll just say I'm warm and comfortable with plenty of hot water and very grateful for it. :up

I think we'll have the Deep Freeze for another day or two, but glorious sunshine again this morning even though it's a hard frost.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

It was so cold yesterday that I put out some dog food for the foxes, they do scavange during the daytime. After some time I noticed that the plastic tray was empty. Anxious to see if both foxes got some food I downloaded the video clips from my camera. I tried to put together a short video but the E4U system would not accept it so here are some frame captures of yesterday afternoons visitors..............and not a fox in sight :lol: :lol:

It was very cold last night and cold again today. Supposed to warm up from tomorrow :a55:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Shame about your videos, always a problem. :(
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Horus wrote:Shame about your videos, always a problem. :(
Yes H, I only wanted to tell the story of the foxes food thieves on here and not go down the unnecessary Youtube route.

Thanks for your help, I tried Avi, mp4, Mov, and a couple more but all were rejected when I tried to upload them. :( Although I have Qt I don't have a subscription to the PRO version so could not save in Qt format.
Never mind, a few still frames illustrate my point. :lol:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Still bitterly cold here but I braved the weather and went to my craft club today. The first time for a month. Unfortunately, my smaller machine that is my 'use anywhere' machine decided to throw a hissy fit, so it looks like she will be going to hospital for a checkup. More money up my shirt! :urm:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - good shots of the neighbourhood cats! Too bad the foxes are not around as they're always way more interesting to see.

Today is looking pretty blah outside, might start to rain soon but is also the first day of Spring Break here. They twins this afternoon are going to Lego Robotics camp this afternoon and will go every afternoon all this week. They make robots out of Lego. This will be the second time they go. This Camp is put on by two brothers who come here from the Lower Mainland and teach kids how to make motors and stuff. They do one camp in the morning and one in the afternoon. What the offer is quite popular and the twins love going - course with Instructions from me that they cannot make a Robot that is going to take over the City which always brings giggles and laughs from them. I can just SEE their minds turning that there IS a possibility that they MIGHT just be able to make such a Robot!

Did a swack of cooking last couple of days (love the slow cooker - it does it for me) which is now containerized and frozen so meals for a month are done. All plants are watered & floors done. I could dust but nahhhhh that doesn't appeal and what is a bit more dust?