What are you doing today?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

What are you doing today?

Post by Horus »

So what are you doing today?
I decided last night to defrost and clean my small kitchen fridge freezer, I have a very large Freezer in my outbuilding so the small one only has everyday items in it. It is supposed to be self defrosting, but I must admit that I am a bit lax in doing the job so it sometimes gets really iced up around the small freezer compartment. So last night it was emptied switched off and the door left open with a bowl inside and an old towel on the floor, defrosting is almost done as we speak and I have removed and washed all the shelves, so last job is to clean down the inside.

Meanwhile decided to put a wash on and that’s done and in the dryer. While I was at it I decided to give all of Annie’s soft toys a Christmas wash, but on inspection half of them had stitching busted as she is so rough with them when playing. So another job entailing myself some cotton and a large needle, not a good combination. Of course Annie took this as an invitation to play, so it was dodge the needle while trying to sew up all the torn seams and I must have used up a reel of cotton in repairs, anyway those are now on a short wash cycle and hopefully I do not finish up with the washer full of stuffing!

In between I am giving my kitchen cupboards a tidy up, removing all the contents and wiping down the insides and its surprising how much stuff you have that is never used so all that is being dumped. If I can still maintain my enthusiasm today I will remove all my crockery and give everything a refreshing wash as being on my own the same stuff tends to get used over and over, although I hate washing dishes, but again a dishwasher is a waste of time for me, it would take a week to fill it up.

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: What are you doing today?

Post by Jayway »

WOW, I can hardly type as I am so exhausted by you ! ! My morning was, fire awakened, stable, cats , hens, Sunday dog bone for the dogs. Lemon and honey drink, ginger biscuit and comp for petitions, watched youtube, did a few games.( brain must be kept going) I may sweep the rug or I may leave it till later. Glory out on her tether. "4 in a Bed" at 2.30 ish , then outside. Bike battery correctly charged (had it on 6 instead of 12) so tomorrow next villages MARKET DAY ! No rain hopefully as the car parking is impossible, I go on my bike.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Miserable day so no hurry ti rise. Breakfast in bed, watch a bit of telly before finally getting ready for the day. Lots of texts with birthday wishes to respond to, birthday cards to open, seems all the cheques fell out in the post. :lol:

Son, DiL and Louis call in for coffee and to discuss plans for boxing day. A former neighbour sent a card with a request for any pics from Christmas times about 20 - 30 years ago so a bit to do searching the albums and making prints.

All pressies bought and waiting in small bedroom for wrapping......just have to wait for a time when nobody is likely to call unexpected ;)

You will have gathered by now that no domestic activity is mentioned :lol: I don't do that stuff, if I do it is bound not to be good enough so I plead the fifth :lol: :lol: :lol:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: I would like to plead the fifth Grandad but nowt would get done, just remembered I was going to put a joint of beef in the oven, must dash.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today I'm throwing in laundry, making a huge pot of soup (ham bone + dried green peas) and going this morning to see the twins in a Christmas play after which I'm meeting up with all the relatives for a quick coffee + scone.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Sounds a nice easy day LLL and the pea & ham soup sounds good, I often make that. :up
Well thats the fridge sorted and back on again, Annies soft toys in the dryer should be finished soon, put the joint in and will be having some new Cyprus potatoes with the veg a little later. We used to get some really nice Egyptian spuds at one time, but I rarely see them now days maybe i am not looking in the right place, I reckon I may just tackle that other double wall unit before calling it a day, it has all my baking stuff like flour, various sugars, all sorts of spices and dried stuff like pastas and it gets more cluttered each day, I must get it sorted. :(
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Had the pre Christmas wrapping day today. All gifts wrapped and sorted in a dozen individual bags.........now see what we get in return for all our efforts? :?: But IT IS the giving that counts, not the receiving. :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today I was up and shopping this morning, found a duvet cover for the single bed downstairs, stopped for a cuppa and read one chapter of the book I'm reading then went to the twins school and picked them up for an afternoon here. We wrapped prezzies for their Mom and Dad and sister then played with a magnet set. Creativity abounds when we're building. Now I've got them all home and I'm watching TV News :) ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Weather much the same as yesterday rather gloomy looking, burnt a couple of CD's for someone then a bit more housekeeping to sort out as I will be a bit busier towards weekend with taking Annie to the groomers and shopping to sort out. So today I will try and top and tail the living room and maybe clean the cooker, busy busy :D
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Lovely day, rode out for a couple of hours. Now at 2pm its 25* outside, my lettuce are flourishing in their water bottle greenhouses. Sat outside and read one chapter before the cats used me to poke-(ouch) and soon I will be lounging on my sofa watching the portuguese film offering. Only one problem the ads are 15 mins and I nod off! Oh, stuck another bit of tinfoil over the cooker burners, when it gets tooo filthy I will buy a new one.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Today, we have been for routine blood tests for Omar at 9am, followed by a trip to the exotic pet shop for crickets and locusts for my reptiles and quick dash round Aldi for a few bits. I am about to head out again to Pets@home for some paw wax for my rottie who has recently had spinal surgery and is slipping a bit on the tiles, so I will make his pads a bit sticky to help him out. When I get back, I will head back into kennels and feed about 20 dogs and 5 cats, feed my own dogs and reptiles and by 6pm should be on the sofa with a large vodka!
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Everyone very busy except for Jay lounging about :lol: :lol:
Finished the cooker and even took the glass panels out from the doors for a clean. ;) it looks nice and sparkly now :D
Next job methinks will be all the crystal and glasses out for a quick wash, then dust and polish all through in the living room.

Minted Lamb shoulder chops and roasted Mediterranean vegetables for dinner :eat

@ Robbo, hope that Omar's test are OK :up
And as like me you like a drink, have a look at the 'Caramel & Sea Salt' Irish Cream that Tesco are flogging at £8 a bottle, very more-ish ;)
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

I just felt it would be rude not to buy the new chocolate irish cream from Aldi :lol: Am about to edit my Tesco order for Thursday afternoon though so at £8 it would be rude not to add that to the shopping too :wi
Dont get your knickers in a knot. It solves nothing and just makes you walk funny
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Robbo - I agree it would be very rude not to! ;) ;)

I'm off today down south island to try and buy a mattress. A fellow brought 3 new pillow top mattresses from a hotel over buy in Vancouver to the island so I'm off to see if I can snag one before they get snapped up! After that I'm back home 'til the son-in-law swings by to wrestle the mattress out of the back of the truck (if I get it) and set up the bed.

Once I'm back I might go down to the swamp and see if I can get some photos of the swans. There has been so much rain it is pretty sloppy wet so I haven't been able to get close.

Kinda a laid back do not much day today ..
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

We actually made a start on the Christmas food shopping! I will be giving 'im indoors' a list tomorrow, of all the things we didn't get today! I HATE SHOPPING! :x :stp
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Robbo, talking of Aldi, has one tried their 'Speciality Range' Irish Cream? not quite Baileys, but very pleasant all the same, especially if you add a dash of their cheap Whisky in it as well and not bad value at under £6 ;)
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Horus wrote:Robbo, talking of Aldi, has one tried their 'Speciality Range' Irish Cream? not quite Baileys, but very pleasant all the same, especially if you add a dash of their cheap Whisky in it as well and not bad value at under £6 ;)
I 'might have' indulged in that one last week, prompting me to try the chocolate one this week :lol: I have now added the caramel drink to my Tesco shop that is arriving tomorrow. if it goes down well, I can add another one to the Tesco shop arriving on the 23rd ;)

Today I shall be mainly trying to stay awake at my desk. We lost electric power last night at 11pm and when the engineers came out, they banged and clanged till 4.15am when they gave up and brought back a heavy duty generator and hooked that up instead. I got to sleep eventually around 5am, and was back up at 7.30am for work. If I open my eyes, there is a chance I will bleed to death :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

So what caused the power outage? I did not think that the weather had been so severe lately :ni:
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

I have no idea H. The chap wandering round at midnight was looking for any dead animals in case one had hit a line but there was no sign. I did point out the bats are usually quite prominent around dusk but not usually flying round at midnight, as I am often running the dogs in the lane at this time. We do have a good number of barn owls, but its rare to get them so close to my cottage with all the lights on, when we have fields to every side in pitch black. the porcelain on a transformer looked damaged but there was no fizz bang pop when the power went so its unlikely one blew.

Today we havnt seen a soul, and we have a ruddy great generator still humming away out there. the other generator down the lane is diesel powered, and last time this happened, some sod nicked the diesel so the rest of the lane could be in darkness again by 9pm :lol:

I have poured a hefty vodka, just incase it goes again, as without power I have no heat. if its good enough to keep Russians warm through the winter, its good enough for me :wi
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Kimchee - concoction from Korea is also really good for heating up the insides :)

Sun is out today and I'm off to watch the twins Christmas performance show at their school. I'm doing the 1pm performance and then will babysit their sister when Mom and Dad go to the evening show. Highlight of the season ;)