Egyptian Justice?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Egyptian Justice?

Post by Horus »

It has just been announced on the news streams here in the UK that the three Al Jazeera journalists who were freed on bail have just been given a three year sentence by an Egyptian court, this will no doubt cause a lot of controversy and condemnation world-wide for Egyptian justice, or lack of it. 8)

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Re: Egyptian Justice?

Post by Jayway »

Had a post, no confirmation, Egypt has thrown any IS members out ?? How could they tell the difference from an ordinary muslim?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

What do you figure Egyptian Justice will or would be if and when they catch the perpetrator of the downed Russian airplane?

Anybody reading any speculation if it was a baggage handler or a passenger? Am kinda thinking the Egyptian interrogation system would be relatively harsh as they're going through the ranks trying to figure out who might know what.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I would be surprised if it was a suicide bomber passenger, more likely it has been put onboard by someone air side in the airport, but to be honest with such lax security anything is possible. Look at how all your baggage is left unattended around hotels, especially when you are vacating your room, how easy it would be to put something in someone’s baggage and chance it going through the poor security checks.

I do wonder about the method used to detonate the bomb, was it just a simple timer or a more sophisticated pressure device, or even a mobile phone call? The fact that it blew up at that altitude leads me to believe it was quite sophisticated, which implies forward planning and a competent organisation involved. 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I was actually wondering about that too - how they detonated it. With all the delays at airports I wouldn't have necessarily wanted to use a timer delay. I'd of wanted to ensure it was in the air I'd of been phoning in.

Personally I think the bomb was already in a small luggage bag and just put onto the plane. I wouldn't be at all surprise IF a baggage handlers was 1) given X number of dollars for including this extra piece of luggage where the baggage handler didn't even know what was IN the bag or 2) the baggage handler was TOLD he was going to put the luggage on the plane and failure meant his wife or kids or even himself would come into harms way or 3) the baggage handler was already an ISIS member and did it more than willingly
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Any one of those three :up