SUPER EXCITED

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: SUPER EXCITED

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I am quite looking forward to hearing all about your holiday too Kiya. Am still fumin' on your behalf about those ********!

I wear a zippered purse figuring it gives me a bit more security than a flap over purse that relies only on a snap but I guess these cretins have it down so well in crowded situations working in teams that nothing much stops them. They'll get caught one day.

When I go to Trinidad and go downtown in the city (Port of Spain) it isn't the pickers who get you it is actually the snatchers so I honestly carry my $$ in my bra!

As for criminals being bold my parents house was broken into one day. My mother was home and my grandmother who lived with them was sitting out front on the lawn. The thief entered by the side door, stopped in the first bedroom and took a pillow case and added booty to it as he/she walked through the house. My mother and grandmother never knew they were there until some time later in the day my mother couldn't find her purse and they started noticing other items missing. About 5 or so years later my parents got a call. Somebody had been clearing bush (my parents lived way in the country on property carved out of the forest) and found my mothers purse, turned it over to the RCMP who went through the empty wallet inside and found her drivers licence. Was guessed the thief took the $$ and then threw the purse into the trees.

Part of the aggravation of a theft, aside from the feelings of violation, is having to cancel all cards, order new ones etc.

You've definitely got my sympathies Kiya.

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Kiya, I am so so sorry and completely gutted for you! What a dreadful experience, and you were so looking forward to it! I second what Horus has written and hope you won't allow it to spoil any further trips.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thank you all so much for your words of comfort , it does mean a lot to me & to know I have lovely genuine friends out there :) :)

The worst part for me is having flash backs on the way the scum acted on getting my purse, as I said I noticed him immediately with his first step onto the train being dressed in suit etc, can I say here after all my research before holiday I never saw any written warnings about this "train, more like metro carriages" but, it is known for pick pocketing on this part of the journey.....Naples-Pompei.

We were standing in middle of carriage opposite the sliding doors & holding onto any of the poles, overhead handles that we could reach, the jostling about with each stop & drive off was terrible !!

Once the train drove off again I noticed the scum taking very small steps getting closer to me full frontal all the time, he was near to rubbing his body to mine, at this time I felt really uncomfortable & took my arm across my body trying to make a barrier between me & scum & trying to push scum off me, I remember thinking " get off me you creep" I also remember looking directly up to his face but, never once did he make eye contact with me but, looking downwards.

My brother & I are convinced this is his way of distracting any females from their bags, a short time later when the carriage was more empty something made me look at bag to see the zip open & purse gone.............the rest you know.

Would scum stop me from ever going back to Pompei..........NO WAY!!!!! I would not let scum like that get the better of me, however I believe there is another train can take you to Pompei but much further away from the actual site, the train we used is what most tourists use for Pompei site at a low cost of 3 euros going & 3 euros return.
And better still I would pay out extra for a tour coach & guide at the site.

The last few days have been busy with insurance companies, fraud departments via my bank & now waiting for claim forms & of course family & friends popping in.

All that said & the famous saying comes to mind.........." Get ye behind me Satan".............onwards & upwards :)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

:up :up :up :up

Good for you, Kiya!
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Sounds like the suited low life was the distraction and his accomplice did the theft Kiya. I am sure you have learned lessons from your unfortunate experience; I won't dwell or preach on that; but it is good that it will not put you off making similar trips in the future.

I will know where to come if I have insurance claims to file in the future. What with Roy's stolen lap top and now your problems, you must be getting to be quite an expert. ;)

When you get around to it, we would love to see any piccies that survived all the trauma......
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Wow - I'd of never thought that the scum of the earth would be so bold and it probably was a partner who did the actual picking. Still they're all ********!

Best to put it all behind you, get all the other paperwork done and then once you've got some time would still love to see some photos! :) :) :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That's the way Kiya, don't let these low lifes dictate your life for you, put it all down to experience. These scumbags usually work in teams and are well practiced in diversion tactics so you are not the first and you wont be the last to be targeted by such filth. They use every tactic going, even sliting pockets and bags to get stuff out without being noticed, they work in groups so that one can distract you while another steals from you and then passes it onto a third person who quickly moves away, so even if you spot them it is difficult to prove. I have often gone on about how barbaric some of the Middle Eastern practices are, but in this case I would go along with their hands being cut off asa way of teaching them a lesson. :x
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Your right folks these scum wont put me off on ever going back to Rome etc :)

Grandad my insurance claim may get through quicker if I sent all forms to you ;) all paper work /claim is being sent to an address near you in Kent.

Surprising me how quickly they have acted, forms arrived yesterday, really straight forward all copies of itinerary, train tickets etc etc for the day of theft to be sent, lucky for me I still had the small sized tickets for the train where theft actually happened.

Also on returning new bank cards were here waiting for me, not only the accounts that were blocked but, new cards for all other accounts........super impressed :)

I also had to give in & go to Docs for antibiotics for my chill & since infection in chest, feeling feverish & lousy so bear with me for photos, I'll start a new thread in " Hobbies " & with photos from the beginning of journey.