What sort of religion behaves like this?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: What sort of religion behaves like this?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just heard on the news that Mariam has now given birth in a women's prison and now that she has given birth doesn't this bring into play the 100 lashes?

Where exactly IS the husband? The news said he wasn't allowed to be with her for the birth.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

No doubt the sicko's will be getting the lash ready, but don't worry they have to hold the Koran gripped under their whipping arm to ensure they don't lay it on too hard, :evil: so thats all right then folks, it will only hurt a little bit then. :x
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Totally abhorrent and who ever came up with the notion of 100? Even that is totally over the top. Sadistic barbarians.

I can understand if you blatantly steal something i.e. shoplift a chocolate bar and were sentenced (so long as it is relatively immediate as in next day or 2) to 5 whacks with a cane. That type of punishment I could rationalize as ok. And actually I've often thought that if a criminal does something petty and the punishment was a good few whacks immediately it might really decrease petty crime but I'm talking whacks with a cane across the butt. This is into the realm of sadistic.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

This is into the realm of sadistic.
Especially as they will probably dole it out in several doses, inflict a few lashes, let her recover, inflict a few more ect. what a crap belief system, it truly stinks :vs
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've said it before, others have said this and I'll probably say it all again .......WHERE ARE ALL THE MODERATE MUSLIMS? WHY ARE THEY NOT SPEAKING OUT AGAINST THIS?

One Danish cartoon and the entire Muslim world is up in arms. The MUSLIM WORLD knows how to protest!!! The Muslim world knows how to express their displeasure!! Can't help but think the Muslim world is very aware of this situation. Their silence on this matter is deafening.

I really want to believe that moderate Muslims are mainstream and like us however when matters like this arise and there is deafening silence I can't help but think that on some levels the Muslim world condones actions like this.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I did see some Sudanese singer guy on the TV the other morning and he was giving his view of what was happening there with this particular case and he was opposed to it himself and said that many others were as well, but it was basically the 'mad mullahs' who were doing this as they were scared that if they let it pass unchallenged that many more Muslim women may condider leaving the faith and they would not tolerate that happening so needed to make an example of her. He did seem to hold very moderate views himself and clearly understood the reasons behind their actions, but then again although he was a Muslim himself he had the advantage of Westen contact and exposure to our values, unlike the majority of the uneducated leaders who are carrying out this barbarous crime against another human being in support of their archaic beliefs.

I do agree with you on the Islamic worlds response to this is pretty poor when you consider the over reaction to a mere cartoon, this does seem to reinforce most peoples views that respect is very much a one sided thing where the Islamic world is concerned. :st
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

There are reports of a pregnant Pakistani woman, Farzana Parveen 25, being stoned to death by her father, brothers, and other family members, outside the court in Lahore. She apparently married the man that she had been engaged to for some years but without the families consent. It is being treated as murder by the police but it is also claimed that hundreds of such executions take place in the Muslim world every year.
Utter barbarism....
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

And more to the point Grandad they want to bring their customs and archaic laws into this country and to many others around the world, is it really any wonder that most people have had enough of their backward ways and are speaking out about this pandering to minority groups in the name of multi culturism? Quite simply, if you wish to live in a society that behaves in such a way then just stay where you are already and don't try to bring it here, for better or worse we have moved on. :stp
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think one of the Keys to this entire matter is that we MUST speak about it. There are thousands of US who don't and never have a clue about how the other half is living and what they're doing. I think there are thousands of women whose lives are a daily living hell at the hands of their fathers, brothers, husbands who consider them probably a little less than the family dog. I do see it as a positive to talk about this in an informed way so as to enlighten others who are naïve to what is going on in the Islamic world. Am pretty certain honour killings are alive and well in many parts of the world and being buried up to your neck and stoned to death does happen fairly regularly.

My understanding of a basic pattern of living in the Muslim world is of "non-interference." In other words if you hear the neighbor woman screaming and shrieking and loud voices and the sounds of smacks nobody will interfere. What is happening over there is not your affair. It is a husbands right to 'educate' his wife. This attitude I see happening on a familial level and so I'm thinking this generalizes to the bigger picture (which isn't doing the Muslim world any favours).

I'm not trying to give the Muslim world an out, am just thinking this attitude to women means the Muslim world isn't going to ever speak out...........unless it relates to Allah and cartoons.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

About sums it all up :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I don't yet know all the details but I heard on the TV that the lady will be released from custody shortly. Let's hope that this is as much in response to the international outcry and not some sort of bail until the baby is older.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I just read somewhere that Mariam was in 'leg irons' while giving birth and that she will be allowed to nurse the baby until he turns 2 - soooo - am not too certain this is close to being over or finished. I think they're just doling it all out.........S L O W L Y so as to extend the torture.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

It was a baby girl LLL, and although I believe it is true that she was still in irons when she gave birth, her husband said after visiting her and his children that she is no longer in irons and her situation is slightly more comfortable. A spokesman from the Sudanese foreign office said she would be released in a few days following judicial process.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I think it may be in response to the outcry from world leaders and the possible threat of aid being witheld, something I entirely agree with, we should not be supporting these fanatics in any way whatsoever. If it means depriving ordinary Sudanese of our aid then so be it, that way they will maybe start to realise that their backward beliefs and fanatical leaders come at a cost.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I quite agree that something has to be done to motivate 'their own' to start speaking out and taking action. More and more I do not believe in the hand out of aid. If there is a natural disaster then different story about re: giving help and aid but to hand it out until it become a lifestyle for anybody isn't really doing anybody any favours.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Saw a cryptic comment on Yahoo News with no details saying that Mariam's sentence has been reversed.

Anybody hear any other details? Or the why?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Yes the court has released her :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

A small piece in todays paper says that she is in hiding and will be applying to the US consulate for permission to move to the US. Her step brother who reported her in the first place is still insisting that she should be hanged. I would certainly be in hiding if I had a step brother like him.
There still remains a question about the 100 lashes for having a relationship outside Islam. Dr Mariam Yahya Ibrahim's nightmare may still not be over...
carrie

Post by carrie »

She has been re arrested.
Living here in Egypt and watching Egyptian TV programes it's surprising how many times you see the husband giving the wife a smack, I mean in series like Coronation St and Eastenders in the UK. This is often done in front of her mother or other family members, it's never remarked upon just taken as normal.
The Government has now introduced a new Police Department to deal with sexual and physical assaults on women lets just hope that they are given the funding and support to make a change.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Good idea Carrie, but don't hold your breath :urm: