Just Cuz (with a question)

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Just Cuz (with a question)

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just cuz I wasn't tired and it was late and I was bored I was looking at the main page on E4U and I saw all the BIRTHDAYS.

The line read: Congratulations to: Tameraib, mustafa (73), Nesbitt1 (54), helen of troy (52), osheenhi (48), Danielb66 (48), DATOCOOK (32)

AND as I passed the cursor over their names it highlighted so I clicked on them. The most remarkable thing I noticed is that ALL of these people who apparently had birthdays March 15 ALSO all joined E4U on Dec 4th 2008!!!

Now this mystery isn't on par with the Malaysian Airplane mystery but it is definitely one of those 'things' that draws a "Hmmmm?"

How come?

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Just Cuz (with a question)

Post by Horus »

But if you looked at all the birthdays for today you will see that most also joined on Dec 5th 2008, it is the default date for this forum when all existing members of the L4U forum were automatically enrolled into this one. Only someone becoming a member after Dec 5th 2008 will show a different date :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Oh you spoiled it Horus ;) I thought we had a super sleuth amongst us :lol:
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I remember a while back Keefy explaining why we all had the same date :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ahh - well okee dokee then! ;) I didn't compare any other dates I was just looking at this one day. Was actually looking at how many members seem to have signed up and then "Poof" are gone - OR - at least are not posting any more.

I do kinda wonder about new members. We had "BORIS" from Russia for a while during the Sochi Olympics (and maybe the Sochi Olympics was just coincidental) but after a few posts Boris hasn't posted again.

I saw somebody else join a while ago - "New Member" and was thinking that maybe we should have a 'reach out' or 'welcome' to the Forum PM go out to New people with an invite for them to contribute.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Lots of new members only join up to play the games LLL, then there are always a few that join up to play 'silly buggers' sometimes they are people setting up multiple identities, but usually we can spoke the jokers ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I do believe lots play the games but was just hoping mostly to make any New Members wanting to chat feel comfortable doing so. I think it is sometimes pretty daunting to start talking and chatting on a new forum of established people.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I agree LLL, especially if they read things that make them feel un welcome such as '"Go to Margate for your holidays, we don't want you here". Hopefully we display a more welcoming attitude and are open to more variations topic wise, so anyone is welcome to join in, we are certainly not a select club. So to anyone reading these threads and feeling a bit nervous about chipping in we say "come and join in, you will be made welcome" :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Exactly H. The 'bugger off' attitude is present (not here) and I think contributes to new people being a bit hesitant to post. Most new members who do post typically also add in phrases like "be gentle" or "don't kill the messenger" etc which tells me it is more than just 'me' who sees this attitude.