My New Forum

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: My New Forum

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Bet it will definitely look nice though........personally I love tile floors :up :up

Actually I like tiling everywhere - on top of counters (back splash area), walls, shower stalls etc

I'd love to get tile on the riser backs of my stairs. Right now my stairs are carpeted and carpeted stairs always look tatty after a bit. You can't help but walk on the stairs and everybody steps in basically the same place so to me it is never a good idea to carpet stairs. I'd like wood on the step part of my stairs, tile on the riser part and then a really super duper pattern on the landing (which is about 4' x 6').

The only opposition I get to my plan is from the daughters who feel that carpets are the least slippy and they don't want me to fall - 'cept I think that is some self preservation on their parts - they don't want to have to look after me if I hurt myself! ;) ;)

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Slipping is something you must consider with tiles especially if they get wet, the ones I an putting down have a semi matt finish so are not slippery.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Take heed of your daughters, LLL! Years ago we were visiting friends and their house was a listed property with oak slatted stairs and quarry tiles etc. I went from the top to the bottom of the stairs, on to the quarry tiles; tried to sit up; went out like a light and came to when the ambulance men were removing me! :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

WOW RS - that must've been a pretty spectacular fall. I hope never to achieve that level of 'free fall'!!!

I know that stairs are slippery and I have no choice but to use mine meaning the entrance to the house is at ground level but the livingroom, kitchen, some bedrooms are upstairs. Can't avoid the steps.

They are carpeted and I did put new carpeting on them when I moved in so am sure they'll last out for a while before starting to look totally tatty and ugly.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Oh well, at least you will keep fit until you break something ... I havent lived in a house with stairs for years. My house has 3 steps but old Portuguese beige tiles are absolutely slip proof - and my marble outside tiles have all had the tilecutter machine grooves cut in, as they WERE slippery. Some houses here are completely tiled outside, maybe pretty to some but remind me of public toilets -
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I am already becoming bored with 'My New Forum'. It is called 'Canterbury - Remembering it as it was'. There are some posts of old photographs that are interesting to compare how things have changed, but far too many lead into; who was there, and who knew whom; that it becomes more like Genes Reunited :(

It would be much better as a forum and not a Facebook group so I shall not be spending much time on it in future. :(
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I enjoyed your Cantebury Grandad as I got all the photos posted onto my FB too! :) ;) ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, I hope your news feed is not being cluttered with more Canterbury stuff. I had some difficulty finding how to stop that but eventually found a down arrow in the right corner of the posts and if you click that you can 'unfollow'

Usual FB stuff, once they have got you it is difficult to find how to be selective about what you receive. :(
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh dear . well, that didnt last long. Nice that you did go to FB, happy you found a stop button, there are quite a few, enough to keep me amused. Funny story, Grandad, a group I had joined actually made me an administrator . . I was unaware of this as I told them I was unreliable. Then when I clicked on the group, I found a list of people applying to join. Somewhat grumpy in the mornings, I looked up their profiles and their friends profiles, decided they were worthless, blocked them forever and only let one join . . . then deleted my self from the group. Thats how FB works for me . . :lol:
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh dear . well, that didnt last long. Nice that you did go to FB, happy you found a stop button, there are quite a few, enough to keep me amused. Funny story, Grandad, a group I had joined actually made me an administrator . . I was unaware of this as I told them I was unreliable. Then when I clicked on the group, I found a list of people applying to join. Somewhat grumpy in the mornings, I looked up their profiles and their friends profiles, decided they were worthless, blocked them forever and only let one join . . . then deleted my self from the group. Thats how FB works for me . . :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Something to use in small doses and not to be too open about your personal business Jay IMO. I even heard the CEO of FB UK last week admit that they receive many thousands of requests for personal details of members from international security agencies. BIG BROTHER :?:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Your Cantebury stuff doesn't bother me Grandad. I just skip over it. I'm not a serious FB user in that I go there for some specific things but I never post anything pertinent to me on there. No dob (well at least not a real one), no addresses, phone numbers - nothing that needs to be known IMO. WHY anybody would put serious personal info about them on FB is beyond me. Once stuff gets onto FB it is 'Good luck' with ever trying to get it back off.