I may be gone some time

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: I may be gone some time

Post by Kiya »

Strange when I hover over desktop shortcut icon it doesn't show what version but when I right clicked my mouse & opened its properties I can see its the 2.8.4 version & I can change the icon to/with a white background, easier for me to see more quickly as my desktop has a slide show of different pictures changing I think every 4mins :)

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That's no problem Kiya, depending upon your O/S and the configuration of your PC things may behave slightly differently, a fact that is lost on many people. You may even find that if you just single click on the icon so that it highlights it (not a double click) and move your mouse away, then move back over it again it may then display the text as described, but if not there is no problem and nothing to concern yourself about it's just a feature of your PC's configuration, you can see it OK in the properties window so thats fine. :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Funny !! its working today with all icons on desktop but not yesterday :o not to worry as long as things are working....thanks :)

And also thanks to Grandad for the link for the upgrade in Gimp :)