Facebook Tidbit (given it is a publicly traded company)

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Facebook Tidbit (given it is a publicly traded company)

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Got this from a friend who is in law enforcement. Makes good sense to me and I've done this (post the following to my FB page) as a 'just in case'.......As follows:

Facebook is now a publicly traded entity. It is recommended that all members post a notice similar to this, or if you prefer you can copy and paste this release. If you do not publish such a statement at least once, then you are indirectly allowing public use of such items as your photos and information contained in their status updates. PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and / or institution and / or Agent and / or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring this website or any of its associated sites DO NOT have my permission to use any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and / or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" of art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that it is strictly prohibited to disclose, copy, distribute, disclose or take any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The previous prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student, or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and confidential information and sensitive. The violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Facebook Tidbit (given it is a publicly traded company)

Post by Grandad »

Easiest option, just leave FB. :(

I doubt if their Legal Eagles will loose any sleep over such comments and will no doubt have their case covered.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Facebook Tidbit (given it is a publicly traded company)

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Awhile ago I did try to leave it but it is super hard to actually close out your account so now I only keep it open to see the latest photos from family...........am also sure the FB legal eagles would never bother with this - BUT never hurts to have put your own views forward.