Trouble on Blue side

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bearded Brian

Trouble on Blue side

Post by Bearded Brian »

I have tried to get into the forums on the blue side IE says it can't connect and Avant says it doesn't exist. On both I can get into the main web page - the one with the temps, exchange rates etc but can get no further. Have tried from favourites, pinned, history etc but all come up with the same result??????

Kevininabydos

Re: Trouble on Blue side

Post by Kevininabydos »

I am getting the same :urm: :cry:
Bearded Brian

Post by Bearded Brian »

And it's not a Sunday!!!!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Oh dear what a shame, isn't it fortunate that we keep this side going just so you can all drop in and check to see if you have a problem over there on Blue side when the server plays up? Now let me see :tk should I tell you all that it is a problem that has been occuring with all browsers including Firefox for a couple of days, or just leave you wondering if its your PC's that are playing up. ;)
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Just got to my PC and the forums seem to be working ok now, so I dont know what the problem was 8)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It seemed to be very intermittent Keefy, I had just done PC clean-up and updated some antivirus stuff including AVG which was a large download. I noticed that whenever I tried to access either site it came back with a "Cannot find site" message from AVG safe search. I tried again using just the Yahoo search and entered the forum names and it gave the results as expected and I used that to log into both sites. Later logins to the site seemed normal so I assumed that my cleanup had deleted some cookies and logins and they were back to normal again, but when I tried later the AVG kept comming up with the "Cannot find site" message again. So thinking that the AVG toolbar must be the problem I dissabled it, but it made no difference and even this morning I had to use a web search to get on the forum with Yahoo. It seems to mainly happen on the Blue, but sometimes on here, other sites I use have not had the same problem, although I did notice the forum (Blue side) seemed slow a couple of days ago. Things seem OK at the moment, but I will see what happens with a freshly booted PC in the morning. :up
Bearded Brian

Post by Bearded Brian »

I did try on both computers - the netbook running windows 7 and the laptop runs on an earlier OS and both showed the same on IE and avant. Blue side now running fine. No trouble at all on this side.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I've had no trouble on either side although occasionally I will get a "this site not found" but most time using the back button has brought me back to being able to use E4U or L4U.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I didn't see any problems at all & I'm using Avant :)