Line of Duty

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Line of Duty

Post by Horus »

So how is everyone doing with the series? can we discuss it yet without spoiling it for you?
I finished watching it last night after having a few binge sessions and have to say I found it addictive viewing. I liked the way that in most episodes there would be some sort of interrogation process going on that would very neatly present the ongoing plot line as at times it was difficult to keep up with what was happening. There were so many twists, turns and red herrings that you really had to keep abreast of what was going on.

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Line of Duty

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Don't you dare!!! :lol: I am only on series two still! I've been so busy that I just haven't had time to watch yet!
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@Ruby Slippers
Come on RS, series 6 will soon be here ;)
If you can find the time I am sure that to 'binge' on it like Horus did is the best way to follow all the twists and turns. We have watched all series by the weekly episodes and it really is difficult to remember everything after 7 days between each episode.
Not a spoiler but I did think Stephen Graham gave a brilliant performance in series 5, but you have still got that to come RS ;) :lol: .
:gg:
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I realize I'm being unfair, so if you guys want to discuss it and compare notes, just go ahead. Just put 'spoiler' in the heading!😉
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I agree about the binge viewing, that is maybe the reason why I did not go beyond series 1 at the time it was first shown. It takes me forever to get the characters in my head, so like Grandad I have forgotton who is who and who has done what by the following week and lets face it the plot has so many twists and turns its hard to keep up, "binge is best" :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I quite like it and will be starting it again tonight. Saw it all before but have now forgotten much of it. I anticipated starting it sooner but had to finish a couple other series first so I can binge it......I'm good for 3 episode an evening ;) Overall I thought the series quite good just need to see the new(er) episodes.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I now have series two under my belt! I've got GD this afternoon, but there usually isn't anything I consider worth watching on TV on Saturdays so maybe I will manage a fair bit of Series three!🤔
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

So only 18 more episodes to go then RS :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Watching Season 1 episode 4 now so will probably get a good start on Season 2. I have watched it all before but am enjoying it a second time around.

Years ago for about 2 years "I" was sent around to other offices in the Province to "investigate" so can relate.

Always interesting how the political world works.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

And it doesn't help with all the police ranks and abreviations used during the investigations, here in the UK we have:
Constable and Sergeant.
Inspector and Chief Inspector.
Superintendent and Chief Superintendent.
Assistant Chief Constable, Deputy Chief Constable and Chief Constable
Then they add in the 'detective' bit so we get D.I. for detective inspector, D.C. for detective constable, D.C.I for detective chief inspector etc. It can all get very confusing at times, no wonder we gets the oft repeated phrase "I insist on being interviewed by a person at least one rank above my own" :lol: :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

It took me a while to interpret what an "OCG" was :( :lol:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: Oh you mean the 'Organised Crime Group' yes that was another one that had me guessing for a while, I kept trying to think of a terrorist organisation with a similar monica. :D

And Grandad, what about the size of that womans ears in the Hastings interview :o good grief I could not take my eyes of them, now she should NOT have a pixi hairstyle :lol: :lol:
Reminded me of the character 'Quark' in Startrek:
quark.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I have now watched episode 1 of series three - and the violence continues!😏
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The violence is pretty reflective of what daily duty life is like. It comes at you from everywhere and you have to be constantly on guard. The guys in the States much more wired & reactive than here but here it is truly getting to be the same. Last week highway wise behind me it took 8 police cars to finally ram the bad guy on the highway to stop them during an abduction. Another homeless walking about with 4 rifles under his blanket. Another guy naked and tied up to a tree (few months ago). More and more the bleeding hearts get their way and the more violence and loss of social order we're getting.

Back to the show though - Found it interesting Steve was portrayed as wanting to hold ALL his cohort Police SWAT team accountable via the truth and insisted the truth be told in Court yet he was okay lying that Gates was killed in the line of duty albeit so the wife and girls get his insurance and pension - BUT - Does this make him a hero or hypocritical?
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Good point, although I did hear a rumour that he may appear again in series 6 :? risen from the dead perhaps? :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't like it when a TV Series kills off a character and then resurrects them a year or so later i.e. he wasn't really hit by a passing truck cause he actually fell into an open sewer losing his memory and then wandered about the City for the past 3 years before regaining his memory ........ yeah (I say dryly) right. Even harder though if they bring a character back as a different person!

Have one more episode to end season 2. I think this Season had more violence than the first.

Wondering - Do you find violence towards men more acceptable to watch then violence towards women? I think we're way more conditioned to seeing men fighting and getting all bloodied up whilst we're really not as keen to see a woman physically hurt. Maybe a verbal assault but not physical so Denton getting beat was a real attention grabber IMO.

I don't think the scene of pouring boiling water on Denton's hands was too terribly real. Here if something like that happened it would start a major investigation. Not saying a Prison guard wouldn't hurt somebody but it wouldn't be something as obvious as scalding hands. It would be way more subtle.