Hello

A place for new members to tell the forum members a little bit about themselves and their interest in Egypt.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Khadija

Hello

Post by Khadija »

hello everyone my name is khadija( was born Roseann) I am 61 years old and live in 6th october city with my egyptian husband of 41 years and my 6 year old grandaughter....We moved to Egypt last september and have been busy getting ourselves settled...we are semi retired and care for our grandaughter who lost her mummy a few years ago, so I guess we are older parents :D and very much enjoying it...it gets easier after bringing up ones own children.... I love reading and knitting and tapestry.. ty :D

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Hi Khadija, welcome to the forum :D so sorry about your grandaughter's (and of course your own) loss, but I bet she has got the best Nana & Grandad in the world to take care of her. ;)
Look forward to seeing you post on here, just wondered, after being married for so long to an Egyptian husband, why so long before you moved to Egypt? (just being nosey :) )

Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

Hello Khadija!

Welcome to the forum!

Thank goodness your Grand Daughter has you both.

Melissa87

Post by Melissa87 »

hello khadija :D nice to meet u, hope ur enjoying your retirement

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

Welcome, Khadija!!!

Just moved to Egypt in September?? You are a newcomer for sure. I would like to hear more stories about how it feels to be living in Egypt now. after 41 years of marriage to an Egyptian I guess it might be easier adjustment . . . . but maybe he is adjusting to living in Egypt again?? :lol:

I live in Texas and have only been to Egypt a few times, but I think about whether I might move there in the future. So many things to think about!
CATHERINE

I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . . . I went down down down and the flames went higher . . . and it burns, burns, burns . . that ring of fire, that ring of fire!

FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Welcone Khadija, I hope you enjoy your time on here. I look forward to hearing your reaction to living in Cairo, is it what you had expected?

Khadija

Post by Khadija »

(Look forward to seeing you post on here, just wondered, after being married for so long to an Egyptian husband, why so long before you moved to Egypt? (just being nosey )
Yes horus very new to living here permamantly.. of course ive visited before many many many times infact one or twice a year.. but my Husband has always worked outside in diff countries and we went with him... now he wishes to return to his roots and i guess my roots are where his are.. so here i am.. and so far loving it...ty for for your welcome all :)

Karenh

Post by Karenh »

Hi and welcome to the forum I hope everything is great for your, your husband and granddaughter :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted :lol: ;)

Ebikatsu
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Ebikatsu »

you have mail ;)

Tootifrooti

Post by Tootifrooti »

How do y start a new topic???

I cant see how to submit it???? Toooo newbie'sh ;) :roll: :lol:

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

Tootifrooti wrote:How do y start a new topic???

Look for the button that says "New Topic" . . . it can be at the top or bottom of an older topic! It has a Plus sign ( + ) on it for "Add" :) . . . it will bring up a blank message body with a Subject Line . . . fill these in and hit the "Submit" button at the bottom.

Does this help????
CATHERINE

I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . . . I went down down down and the flames went higher . . . and it burns, burns, burns . . that ring of fire, that ring of fire!

Tootifrooti

Post by Tootifrooti »

cbrbddd wrote:
Tootifrooti wrote:How do y start a new topic???

Look for the button that says "New Topic" . . . it can be at the top or bottom of an older topic! It has a Plus sign ( + ) on it for "Add" :) . . . it will bring up a blank message body with a Subject Line . . . fill these in and hit the "Submit" button at the bottom.

Does this help????
Thanks a lot :roll: